Whats it worth? S50B30US+///5lug+Turbo Package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never thought I would be doing this but I'm considering selling my project. I really expected to hold onto this one for a few decades at least but after having to go through shoulder surgery and trying to finish up school it makes the most sense financially to let it go.

The shell itself is an Arizona 1986 325e in pretty good shape. It does have a restored/salvage title from some minor damage, the majority of which was going to eventually covered with some flares. None of the damage is structural or even that significant and since I never thought I would sell the car I didn't mind it having the brand. Car needs some paint as well. The car does have a custom 6 point roll bar with B pillar gussets by Fathead Fabrications. The 5lug swap was done with MZ3 parts so it has the big brakes and large wheel bearings all around as well as the larger half shafts which can withstand more abuse. 24v Swapped from a 95 M3. The turbo stuff is mostly uninstalled currently. Lots of high quality parts used in this car and it is insanely fun to drive. Hard to imagine how fun it would be with 2x-3x the power.

Here is a link to the excel list of all the parts I'm compiling as I recall whats gone into it. Probably a lot more that I am forgetting.

Don't have many pictures but just to give an idea.
    Its the red one in this picture. Made the 700+ mile round trip Drive4Corners without issue.

and before I had the cage work done/front end together...

I have a rough idea of what kind of money that I have invested in it and I know it's unrealistic to expect the same amount out, but I'm having a hard time with what I should list it at. More importantly if I should list it all.

TLDR Version: What is this bucket worth?
    Last edited by Jalves619; 08-19-2014, 11:56 AM.

if you are trying to sell the car as it looks in the last photo above, i am sorry to say that you are going to get ass raped by a gorilla with no lube.

you certainly have some very valuable parts there (especially the mz3 rear setup) that is pretty much impossible to come by. if you wan't to get anywhere close to your money back you will need to part it out.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

What's the current condition? I may be interested. And would love to be the gorilla who buys the car in pieces.
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Well, if you start parting it I'm down in Scottsdale and would be interested in the motor/trans/ds/diff/harness/ecu. I'm serious.
        91 318is - Gone
        16 VW GTI
        07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Part it out, it's the only way to get what you want for it... But with the packages of parts that you have, it wouldn't be too bad selling the high ticket items together.

Comment

I understand I would get rid of portions of the car faster by parting it out, but I don't have the time, the space, nor the desire to take the car apart again. I can't justify holding on to some of the pieces and building something halfway.

For me to sell it, it will likely take someone with a truck and trailer to drop a decent chunk of money and load up everything I own BMW related. That way I could put the money down on something newer, boring, and reliable and further actually have a place to park said new boring reliable car.

Another picture of it I found from D4C along with MR E30 325is' car.

I put off installing the late valence and plastic bumper until I make a final decision on intercooler mounting and charge pipe routing. The Smileys are waiting on some new adjusters.

From the looks of it this thing is getting mothballed when the snow gets here.

Comment

Buy hood
              Buy bumper
              Buy side trim
              Buy grille
              ???????????
              Profit!

Comment

It's Flag... I lived up there for two years and was able to daily a ZX6R on race takeoffs, save for a handful of days I put my balls in my purse and drove my E46. I dunno man, the snow isn't that bad up there - yeah, yeah, it's the ice but do you live way the fuck out Lake Mary or something? Drive it every day unless it's actually an issue.
                91 318is - Gone
                16 VW GTI
                07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Working...
                X