Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream come true- E30M3 Content Inside

Hey R3V-

Sometimes life gives you lemons, and sometimes life presents you with an opportunity to buy the car of your dreams. No McLaren, Porsche, or Lamborghini has ever piqued my interest in the same way an E30M3 has. It's the most searched item in my internet history (besides Emma Watson), it's in 80% of my dreams, and is still in most of my nightmares. However, they've always felt unobtainable.

Out here in the middle-of-nowhere Indiana, a good friend of mine has had one of these sitting for a year. And as much as I constantly pleaded, he didn't ever want to sell. And then one day you get "that text". The one where you know your life could potentially change in a big way.

That text was a few days ago.

And this is today.

It's dirty, it's been unloved, but it's complete.

And most importantly, it's mine.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

very nice

Want to hear more about this!:). Congrates and enjoy!
    jm

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
      Want to hear more about this!:). Congrates and enjoy!
      jm
      Thank you! I'm still in shock. The car has been in this small midwest town it's entire life (where I live now). It was owned by a wealthy gentlemen since '94, and the guy I bought it from found it in his driveway with flat tires. It was a daily driver all of last year, but the HG went and the car sat for a year, which brings us to now. The car is very complete which is what I like. All of the detail plastic pieces, covers, tools, etc are all there. It has a fairly fresh coat of paint, all panels are original. It's the perfect car to refresh and drive.

I'll be pulling the motor, doing a clutch, HG, and going over everything up there, and will then do a full suspension/bushing refresh.

Once I'm done that I'm going to reupholster the interior, drive it, and fix all the small things while I enjoy it! Can't wait to get her up to speed.

Last edited by AWDBOB; 12-30-2016, 05:14 PM.

Comment

good deal

Looks clean; speaking of clean; get those leaves off of it:). Will rust like crazy in the windshield area:). Hope you have fun with it. There are still some deals around.
        jm

Comment

You my man have just made it in life
          sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

I like your dream...

It looks like it is a 1988 m3?
            Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Looks pretty original and solid from what I can see. Congrats man.

edit: is that a non-m zinno coupe outside too? man, this seems awful familiar :p
              Current:
              1989 325i
              1988 M3
              1987 325ic
              Past:
              2001 330ci
              2001 M3

Comment

Very cool, keeping all e30's?
                edit: saw the other thread
                Last edited by tak7; 12-30-2016, 08:07 PM. Reason: selling iX

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
                  Looks clean; speaking of clean; get those leaves off of it:). Will rust like crazy in the windshield area:). Hope you have fun with it. There are still some deals around.
                  jm
                  To be fair, the leaves were from before the car was in my possession. They're gone now :)

Originally posted by econti View Post
                  You my man have just made it in life
                  You win some you lose some- today is a good day!

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                  I like your dream...

It looks like it is a 1988 m3?
                  It's an '89! But it was built very early/late, as it's a Zinno car, and to my knowledge Zinno stopped at 88.

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
                  Looks pretty original and solid from what I can see. Congrats man.

edit: is that a non-m zinno coupe outside too? man, this seems awful familiar :p
                  Thanks man! It's very original, which is nice. It needs help, but it's all there.

That's a Brilliant non-m coupe outside! Good taste you have there ;)

Originally posted by tak7 View Post
                  Very cool, keeping all e30's?
                  edit: saw the other thread
                  I'm keeping the iS and the M3, and selling the iX once she's all finished up! If I find a garage big enough I'll keep all three, but I don't foresee that happening.

Comment

Nice. If you want to keep the resale value, keep the s14. If you plan on never selling it - do what ever you want!
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                      Nice. If you want to keep the resale value, keep the s14. If you plan on never selling it - do what ever you want!
                      Thanks, man. I'm planning on keeping it (love long time), but the S14 is going to stay in!

I'd like to build a 2.5L motor for it eventually, but that's far down the road.
                      Last edited by AWDBOB; 12-31-2016, 08:55 AM.

Comment

You've inspired me to start pounding the pavement looking for one to save. I figure someone in my area has one stashed in a garage I just need to find them

Comment

Originally posted by tiger_e30 View Post
                          You've inspired me to start pounding the pavement looking for one to save. I figure someone in my area has one stashed in a garage I just need to find them
                          I started doing this a couple years ago actually. I live in a rural area with lots of barns and garages. I printed out a "LOOKING FOR" info sheet and started putting them in peoples mailboxes and front doors. You'd be surprised what people will call you about...no BMW calls yet though. You never know when someone will call though!
                          Steve • Toronto
                          1991 318is • Brillantrot
                          Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                            I started doing this a couple years ago actually. I live in a rural area with lots of barns and garages. I printed out a "LOOKING FOR" info sheet and started putting them in peoples mailboxes and front doors. You'd be surprised what people will call you about...no BMW calls yet though. You never know when someone will call though!
                            I was thinking about putting a sign in the back of my 325. I live in burbs but plenty of rural areas 15 min away. I might start taking drives and just asking bar owners, gas station clerks anyone that will listen. I'm right by the factory so I figure there is a pretty good chance

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tiger_e30 View Post
                              I was thinking about putting a sign in the back of my 325. I live in burbs but plenty of rural areas 15 min away. I might start taking drives and just asking bar owners, gas station clerks anyone that will listen. I'm right by the factory so I figure there is a pretty good chance

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                              You dont know until you try! You'll kick yourself if someone else finds an M3 before you do if its local.
                              Steve • Toronto
                              1991 318is • Brillantrot
                              Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X