Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somethings Slipping

Hi guys,

Finally got my 2002 with M20 swap running. At 3/4 throttle something in the driveline is slipping, and it takes a few seconds for it to grab and put the power to the wheels. Clutch? Differential? What does each one of these sound like? Haven't noticed any smells.

And theres trans chatter with the clutch engaged, when I depress the clutch the noise goes away. Input shaft bearing? Is this a hard job?

Thanks.

If it feels like its slipping, and grabs again when you let off the throttle, it's likely clutch. I don't think there's any way that could be caused by the diff.

If you hear something knocking/rattling in neutral, but it goes away when you depress the clutch, its probably the throw out bearing.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

And theres trans chatter with the clutch engaged
      if that's at idle, don't freak. Some do. Whine is different, and can be the input/countershaft bearings.

To know if something is 'slipping' you need to look at the tach. If the engine revs
      don't track, it's almost always the clutch.
      I drove a race car with a slipping clutch this weekend. It was kind of fun...

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
      X