Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 years and still no pics? lol
    Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

how can I consider without detailed pics
      Current Cars:
      2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
      2017 FERRARI 488GTB
      2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
      1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
      1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
      1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
      1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
      2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
      CLEAN E30'S
      S54 DRIVETRAIN
      E30 DASH
      E30 PARTS

Comment

Noooooo don't!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are in the same boat brother. GLWS man <3
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

I literally LOL'd about the wheels turning into your future wheelchair wheels.. I said wheels a lot haha

Comment

Just found your thread. Awesome car. So what IS the asking price? Seems I missed it when/if you had a price listed.

Comment

This car is cool! It looks like a lot of thought went into this build...
                1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Still not CA legal, but I did find something I really want and I only have room for one fun car.

$10,000 FIRM
                  Spill the beans!! im shooting you a text now haha!
                  08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Can you post up some pics of the interior? And maybe some more detailed exterior shots?

A brief outsider's opinion on the car as presented in the ad:

I keep coming back to this thread, wondering if the car is too built-up to be a good fit for me (or many others like me) that don't get to the track often, if at all - but who still want a lightweight, great handling e30 for daily or weekend fun. It is obviously a well-thought out engine build, and I have no doubt that it would be difficult or impossible to replicate for the asking price. But, it also appears to be very personal as well in terms of the modifications. The build stats are a little daunting for the average e30 enthusiast, and I can't help but wonder how much extra complication will be involved when/if something breaks or wears-out down the line. If I understand correctly, you've got about 40K miles on the car in its current state. That's says a lot to support the quality of the build, but also seems like a lot of mileage for a built engine, regardless of its quality. So, it just adds a bit of risk to the equation when I'm considering the whole picture.

There's also not a lot of visual documentation - the body and paint looks good enough in the low res photos, but what about the details - dents, dings, bumps, and bruises? And the interior as described seems purposeful for track use, but would need lots of rethinking if the new owner wants a less track-oriented cockpit.

I guess what I'm getting at is that this appears to be a great track toy, but would take some careful rethinking to be a presentable street car, which really limits your audience. In a way, this is my dream e30 from when I was 21 - all about speed and handling, a race car for the street. But, 10+ years later, I can probably swing the purchase price, but then there's the cosmetic stuff to bring the interior and body/paint up to standard.

I may be off-base with those comments, since we only have a few photos and your description to go on, and of course these are just my opinions. But, I'm probably not alone in some of those thoughts, and the BAR / smog situation obviously makes it tough for CA residents to seriously consider this one.

Personally, this car is really close to my dream e30: I love the aluminum m52, lightweight early body with updated bumpers, well sorted suspension. But, the high power build and lots of track-focused mods create some additional complexity and cost that push me away a little bit when I think about the changes I would make in the near term, and repairs needed in the future.

Just my opinion, and that may change with better visual documentation. If I still lived in LA I would love to check it out in person. Alas, I'm 1300 miles away, so pics are all I can go on. I do think you need more and better photos posted if you really want to sell this.

Comment

See my predicament?
                      Absolutely - and all of your points are valid. It is a predicament, since the audience for your car as presented is relatively small (and generally strapped for cash), though I imagine anyone who drives it would fall in love immediately.

I also didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, and apologies if I did. I actually only replied in your thread because I've been trying to find a street-focused aluminum M52-swapped e30, and there just aren't many out there for sale. I agree with your assessment that this is in many ways better-built and better-performing than a similarly-priced S52 swapped e30. All else being equal, I would prefer yours.

GLWS, and looking forward to some updated beauty shots, even if they do make you want to not sell!

Comment

Thanks, it was constructive criticism and I appreciate that. I am planning on having some beauty shots taken when I finally feel like she's as beautiful on the outside as she is on the inside
                        love getting in demmmmm guts
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Nooooooooo
                          My Garage
                          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I really want to go vintage racing ...

You and me both. My car's just been collecting dust i need to get it built up.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Submitted the car to BaT. I really want to go vintage racing and theres only one way to fund THAT racecar...
                              Not to sound like a butthole, but I would be surprised if they would accept it.

Either way GLWS.
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

^Same, but really want to see what they say

Comment

Working...
                                X