In a sudden moment of stupidity...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    I meant more along the lines that nobody follows the speed limits. 20-30 over is not uncommon. I just go with the flow of traffic so they aren't annoyed by the "stupid american." :p
    Yeah, it's the same in Ontario.
    '89 325is S50 Track Montser
    '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Yeah, we drive fast. Likely related, in the entire City of Toronto (5mil pop) there is virtually no freeway patrolling, due to the police being terrified to stand on the side of the highway while they issue tickets. Of course once you move outside the borders of the urban area it's well patrolled.

Oh, and I'm not even starting on the real topic of this thread.

-Jay

Comment

I spent some time in Toronto last winter while recording at The Pocket Studios. I was stuck in the tour bus though and didn't get to do any driving...
        '89 325is S50 Track Montser
        '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by kommissar View Post
          Speeding while on the phone. You already know this, but you're lucky you are not in jail.

Dude, I just want to say, thank you soo much for using the proper form of "you're".
          R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            I meant more along the lines that nobody follows the speed limits. 20-30 over is not uncommon. I just go with the flow of traffic so they aren't annoyed by the "stupid american." :p
            It's because most of our speed limits are stupidly low and most of our roads (at least in and around Vancouver) are really well maintained. At least, compared to the I5 and other roads I've been on down south.

The I5 is just scary to speed on, all the joints in the road :S

On another note, I've never driven in Toronto, but I have been driven around there, and I would be scared to have to drive on those roads. 140km/h in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic is just silly.

On yet another note, we're metric, and yet all house/property measurements are still done in feet/inches.

Comment

They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?

No, man, they got the metric system, they don't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.

What do they call it?

They call it a Royal with Cheese.
              Look at the big brains on Breeeeeet!! hahaa

Im SO using that term from now on. Anything I order thats euro and I put on my car, Im saying "Yeah I got the Canadian spec bumper trim." And Im listing it as a mod. pwn3d

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
              1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
              1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobstrosity View Post
                On another note, I've never driven in Toronto, but I have been driven around there, and I would be scared to have to drive on those roads. 140km/h in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic is just silly.
                Well, the main freeway (401) is the busiest road in North America (the title passes back and forth with that LA joint), but come night it's a free for all. 8 lanes of single-direction traffic, serious lack of bends, and a surplus of modified cars wanting to race.

-Jay

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                  Im SO using that term from now on. Anything I order thats euro and I put on my car, Im saying "Yeah I got the Canadian spec bumper trim." And Im listing it as a mod. pwn3d

Mariano
                  You don't even know. This forum has been riding my nuts for years based on the Euro cluster, M-Tech II wheel, and ///M shift knob. Canada is the new Germany.

-Jay

Comment

Mariano
                    You're a smart mutha fucka, that's right.
                    Originally posted by cabriodster87
                    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
                    Originally posted by Kershaw
                    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobstrosity View Post
                      It's because most of our speed limits are stupidly low and most of our roads (at least in and around Vancouver) are really well maintained. At least, compared to the I5 and other roads I've been on down south.

The I5 is just scary to speed on, all the joints in the road :S

On yet another note, we're metric, and yet all house/property measurements are still done in feet/inches.
                      I would have to agree with you on the limits being too low. 40km/h on a road that would be 50mph here? yeah right..

the joints don't really bother me though.. I guess you get used to it? plus it's much nicer since they ground off the top 2" or so to expose fresh, smooth pavement. it really only gets bad when you get south of Mt Vernon.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
                        Dude, I just want to say, thank you soo much for using the proper form of "you're".
                        +1

That is one of my major pet peeves in written text amongst many others:

Your and You're

There and They're

Its and It's

To, two, and too

Using apostrophe s to indicate something plural (i.e. car's)

The worst thing about going too fast is causing an accident that causes someone to get killed or seriously injured. I once rear ended this old guy who had to be taken away in the ambulance with an oxygen mask on his face. I do not know what ever became of this guy as to whether he was seriously injured or the exact severity of his condition but the police department would not tell me. And I apologized to the police officer investigating the accident and I asked him to apologize to the old man for me but no amount of apologies can undo the damage done. So even if you run over some kid putting the trash out on the curb or someone's dog who rant out in the middle of a quiet street, you will never be able to apologize enough.
                        Last edited by Jscotty; 05-11-2007, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Or when to actually use the extra s and when to just use an apostrophe to denote posession in a word that ends in s. I love that one.

Mariano
                          Last edited by CleanAzzE30z; 05-11-2007, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio View Post
                            Fuck yes, and you're welcome. People need to learn. Seriously, how hard is it to learn a few homonyms and basic grammar rules you should learn before 5th grade? I mean, it's after 4:30 AM here in Germany, I just got back from drinking on the Reeperbahn, and I can still spell homonyms correctly.

[...]
                            Mariano
                            Wait, I don't totally get it. Mariano, who is Bret?

Comment

Or when to actually use the extra s and when to just use an apostrophe to denote posession in a word that ends in s. I love that one.
                              Right! I forgot about that one.. but what I find funny is how I hear ignorant folk say "breast-tis-sis" when they are trying to say "breasts".

Comment

Wait, I don't totally get it. Mariano, who is Bret?
                                niggah u serial??? Its from a well-known movie.

Mariano

Comment

Working...
                                X