Air-Ride suspension: anyone done this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air-Ride suspension: anyone done this?

I was looking into it, and lets keep the haters out of the thread, but I wanted to know if anyone has experience with bags, half-bags or anything else related.

I don't know of any E30's in the states that have done it...what is involved? What company should I look at?
    Reminiscing...

I personally know a few guys with VWs that have done it. Several of them have had good experiences and others haven't. I was also looking into it, but I think it's going to cost way too much to fabricate it up. I've searched google and found a bunch out of the UK and such, but they are like $3000+ so eff that.
    -Erik
    '16 Focus 2.0L - '99 Protegé DX 1.6L POS (Sold) - '87 4runner 22R-E (Sold) - '86 Schwarz S50 (Sold) - '02 WRX Wagon (sold) - '07 Impreza 2.5i (sold) - '91 Alpine M52 (Sold) - '89 Alpine 325is (Sold)

Originally posted by 87e30
    I just want to dance with some beezies

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineE30M52 View Post
      I personally know a few guys with VWs that have done it. Several of them have had good experiences and others haven't. I was also looking into it, but I think it's going to cost way too much to fabricate it up. I've searched google and found a bunch out of the UK and such, but they are like $3000+ so eff that.
      Yes I have found companies that have E30 kits available, but they're names I haven't heard of and are very pricey.

Just pipe dreaming today is all...
      Reminiscing...

Comment

A slammed E30 owner's dream to combat the evil speed bumps of suburbia.

Just doing a quick search I don't see anything E30 specific.

Dan, what are the links to said companies?
        Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
          Dan, what are the links to said companies?
          This was the only one I found that was useful:

I got it from a link Mike Elder posted a while back, his truck is actually featured on the front page in a collage of lowriders! I'm assuming is quality stuff, but for that price it will have to wait.

According to the current exchange rate that kit costs $4,401.61!
          Reminiscing...

Comment

ill let you know how i do it when im done with it :)

Comment

Originally posted by E30trash View Post
              ill let you know how i do it when im done with it :)
              Same ;)
              Reminiscing...

Comment

that kit in the link you posted is actually a copy from my buddies company. The company "GAS"(german airride systems) totally copied his stuff, but is now using FK shocks in thier systems. my buddy is only using the koni adj. struts in his.
                the systems all work great, but you get what you pay for.---fk is known to leak, and oil+rubber= ugly scary mess at 60 miles an hour!
                beware stay away from "airbagit.com"-- the stuff they sell is 90% trash. you will be replacing walves, and everything else all the time.

I have been riding daily on my homebrew system on my C1500 for 3 summers now, and have had zero problems. vs. a budy of mine had a "cheapo" system on his RAM and we were messing with it weekly.
                airride is fine-- I am an oldskool hydro guy and always cussed out the air guys, but for a daily it can be a blast!

the expensiveness of the systems on a BMW comes from the front strut system- make sure you do it right, and it will ride awesome, and last forever.

Comment

canover or cannover can't remember the spelling. anyway, you can race on their air ride. it's bad ass.
                  Originally posted by jrhaile
                  For the record I have never fucked a goat.

Comment

my buddy has it on his jetta, gti, and wagon. he loves. atleast he doesnt scarpe. i really like it to but is unpracticle for a track car.

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Tonnes of bagged E30's down here, mainly wagons :D

I'll try dig some stuff up cubano

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Thanks running mate.

Mike, any chance of a hookup with these systems? And can I use my existing Koni adjustables?

Dammit I want bagz.
                        Reminiscing...

Comment

Here is what I've been looking at. I noticed it says to add $50 for shocks? wtf...it also says its prewired so you save tons of time installing.

I have been speaking to someone there and they say it is a very good kit, but I am still reluctant. I googled it and I saw that people were having troubles with this company...

I just want to believe I can have a full plug and play system for what they're saying... :(
                          Reminiscing...

Comment

what does half bag mean? Only 1 axle or springs + bags?

Comment

Bumping an old thread. I just came across this bagged e30 on another forum, and remembered about Dan asking about a bagged setup.

1992 BMW 325iC
                              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Working...
                              X