DTR's Turbo'd M52 E30 track/street Demonstrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DTR's Turbo'd M52 E30 track/street Demonstrator

Hey Guys... Some may have seen this over on Bimmerforums. But some friends thought that it would be better over here. What this is, is my personal project car for my shop. I also have plans on running the One Lap of America in '10. Here is a link to the Bimmerforums thread
    Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Here are a couple shots of interest:

Everything is still in rough mock up... some things will be changed others just finished up so it is more "done". I have only been working on this phase of the work for 2 or so weeks.

For some of the other little things I have done go here: http://dtrperformance.com/

Thanks for looking!

Haven't been able to do anything lately as I have other work in the shop... namely I am building a cage in an MR2 for Toyota Lemons race team. Soon I will be back on track. I snapped this pic just before taking fuel rail to machine shop for the injector holes. So this is for the guys that are interested in the ITB setup ;)

Comment

4" downpipe work...

Comment

Monster downpipe!
        Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
        EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
        FullOpp Stickers for sale!
        NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
        Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
        ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

isn't that.. excessive? Any reason why you made the manifold 3-2 then to the flange? How thick is the piping? Goals? man isn't that compressor housing really close to the VC?

keep it up. Me likey!

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
            isn't that.. excessive? Any reason why you made the manifold 3-2 then to the flange? How thick is the piping? Goals? man isn't that compressor housing really close to the VC?

keep it up. Me likey!

Excessive? Nah I don't think so at all. Everything is about flow. That is why it is this way. Any other way in my opinion will sacrifice one thing for another. The header piping is sched 40. Goal is 630ish WHP with a large usable power band. The Compressor housing is close, but not going to cause any detriment whatsoever.

Comment

damn looks good. I love seeing other boosted swapped E30s :)

Comment

Make sure to light up some tires and take a pic of it sideways :D
                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

Feedback Thread

Comment

children and small animals will run for cover . . . .
                  Current Cars
                  2014 M235i
                  2009 R56 Cooper S
                  1998 M3
                  1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    Make sure to light up some tires and take a pic of it sideways :D
                    Shouldn't be a problem, my driver likes to be sideways it seems

However in all seriousness, I am gonna have to try NOT to do that (the getting is sideways and lighting up the tires) because I'm afraid that is all it's gonna do;)...

During the tuning phase, I am going to be working on boost control curve that limits wheelspin to a minimum. If more is needed for chassis looseness then more will be added. I am sure this would however make a mean drifter though!

Thanks for all of the positive comments!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                      children and small animals will run for cover . . . .

You know it Dave! ;)

Comment

Thats sick. Your driver is a lucky man :)

I subscribed to the bfc thread since I dont visit there very often.

Feedback Thread

Comment

Thats sick. Your driver is a lucky man :)

I subscribed to the bfc thread since I dont visit there very often.

yeah... he posted something on the BF thread... Dave and I know him well... he's a NUT behind the wheel. Very talented indeed. Don't get me wrong, I'll drive it, and drive it hard... but he'll be the one to find and surpass its limits. I doubt I can do that with anything left for a safety margin. :-|

Comment

I don't doubt it for a second.

I notice you mentioned wheel hop. Have you decided on your suspension setup yet? I had similar issues in the past and after planning with Ground Control for a long while we came together with a setup that works great for my track car.

Feedback Thread

Comment

I don't doubt it for a second.

I notice you mentioned wheel hop. Have you decided on your suspension setup yet? I had similar issues in the past and after planning with Ground Control for a long while we came together with a setup that works great for my track car.

Yes... I have 475lb springs a'la ground control (thanks to Dave) and now I intend to install Koni shocks in the rear and turn up the rebound. That will make the rear sort of "pack" and allow weight transfer to happen while eliminating wheel hop.

Comment

Working...
                              X