dyno'd the 2.7i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dyno'd the 2.7i

Kinda hard to read, but it made 134.1hp@5000rpm and 140.1tq@4000 max.

Running really lean, the operator didn't want to pull past 6400 because she was going into the 15's.

Stock 2.7 bottom end, stock air box, stock eta cat/muffler/resonator(25yrs old lol), 885 top end and Motronic 1.3 173 DME with a stock chip.

I have some Corvette injectors that rate 21.9lbs with the "i" 3.0bar regulator, 19.9lbs with the eta 2.5 regulator. Will probably swap out the fuel rail for the Vette injectors and eta regulator and hook up my home-made wideband to check things out - actually need to get around to installing it permanently in the car...

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Looking good. Warchip and maf time!

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
      Looking good. Warchip and maf time!
      No thanks. I have TunerPRO and a chip burner, along with the WB controller I built that will log RPM vs AFR.

Eventually I want to put a GM ECM in place of the Motronic, it is capable of controlling boost based on vehicle speed, can read up to a 3bar MAP, has full datalogging and a distributor-less ignition.

This was to see what would happen if one was to pull JY parts and bolt them on their eta. It's actually pretty fast and can hold it's own with the local i's, can't wait to get more fuel, bigger exhaust, and headers. Want to see what can be dragged out of the m20 NA before I make a manifold for one of these to4e's begging to go in the car...
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:

Comment

intresting i didnt know you had a ems ready to go. If you have a chip burner couldn't you technically burn a chip for a maf also?

Id personally just save up and go full standalone ems. Map sensor, Spark Options, Boost by gear etc. Is where its at. Im sure you know that already though :)

Regardless i cant wait to see where you go with this build.

We need more turbo e30's on the road in miami :D

Comment

Would putting a GM ECM in an e30 constitute "stand alone"? I have been working with the GM stuff for years, why not stick with what you know?
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:

Comment

An i exhaust w/ i manifolds should be good for 15+ hp. Be interesting to see a header test as well. GL.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch M View Post
              An i exhaust w/ i manifolds should be good for 15+ hp. Be interesting to see a header test as well. GL.
              don't bother with the "i" manifold, they are the same

Firebird: Pretty good numbers for a stock on stock engine, get it some more fuel and uncork the rear end and re-dyno!

and at least put new plugs in it lol
              1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                Would putting a GM ECM in an e30 constitute "stand alone"? I have been working with the GM stuff for years, why not stick with what you know?
                In my eyes... sure why not!

If it can do everything that you said it could, its a standalone to me. Has most of the functions you need. I agree stick with what you know it makes everything a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by SpecM View Post
                  don't bother with the "i" manifold, they are the same

Firebird: Pretty good numbers for a stock on stock engine, get it some more fuel and uncork the rear end and re-dyno!

and at least put new plugs in it lol

Yup, manifolds themselves are the same. the "i" exhaust just stays a pair to the muffler, then goes 2-in 2-out, with the exception of the pseudo-x pipe where the o2 sensor is...

m20 or die.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

oh, and what color is your e30? It looks cirrus-blau in the dyno pic.
                    1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

Hell no!

Delphin metallic, 1yr old paint...

Chassis/bottom end has 90k miles

original interior...
                      rebuilt steering rack, ice cold 134a a/c...lol, watch my $hit break tomorrow...
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

The i and e exhaust manifolds are NOT the same. The raised sniffer port is the quick check or read the P# cast into it. From RealOEM:

e
                        01Exhaust Manifold Front Up to 9/198711621711711

i
                        01Exhaust Manifold Front 111621710834

The area up inside the exhaust manifold where the 3 ports merge is much larger on the i.

Comment

What rear end are you using?

Comment

It's still the 2.93
                            john@m20guru.com
                            Links:

Comment

ETA POWER! :D
                              So it's basically a b25 setup with a b2.7 block? Stock injectors?

Also, the eta and 325i manifolds are not the same.
                              They have a different curve. Very little difference though.

Comment

Working...
                              X