Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SI Boards for sale + Battery Replacement, Repair, Restore Services

PM me for availability.

First off, let me state that I am an electrical technician with over 16+ years professional experience in electronics repair, rework, and restoration. I specialize in custom electronics fabrication and electronics repair. I can build / repair electronics from high current applications to surface mount technology and circuit board repair. Please trust this service is performed with the utmost quality and standards.

Unfortunately, after around 20 years, us vintage BMW owners experience gauge cluster problems. Many times, these problems can be attributed to bad or leaky SI board batteries. Symptoms of dead, leaky, failed SI board batteries are as follows:
    Cannot reset Service Interval LED's
    Inspection light stays on and cannot be reset
    Gauges begin to operate sporadically, most often is Tachometer, Econometer, Coolant Temperature Gauge.

In addition to bad SI board batteries, other gauge cluster problems can be attributed to damaged electrical traces on the SI board. Please read this short thread outlining SI board damaged from using the incorrect screws to remount your cluster trim.
    Common SI board Damage

Here are some pictures of the process that I use...

As you can see each new battery is verified before installation. Notice the soldering tabs on the battery. These are the factory configuration tabs and fit perfectly into the solder holes on the SI board. Perfect fit. Healthy batteries should have a minimum of 3.0V DC. Most new have 3.2-3.4V DC.

Close up of the batteries removed and solder pads prepped for re-installation. Low temperature soldering irons only.

In addition to the above, I also change the power capacitors, voltage regulators and 15+ transistors for a truly refurbished product.

All tools and equipment used are specialized. I used Weller temperature controlled soldering stations, with 60/40 Tin/lead solder. I am highly trained in electronics handling and repair including avoiding ESD (electro static discharge.) Please take care when handling the SI board. Touch a grounded metal before touching. Hold only the edges of the board.

Thanks. Please reply with any questions.
    Last edited by Gregs///M; 08-06-2017, 01:41 PM.
    Owner - Bavarian Restoration
    BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
    www.BavRest.com
    My Feedback Thread
    Our Facebook!
    Follow our Instagram!

SI Board Battery Replacement, Repair, Restore Services (Service Interval Board)

Hey I've got a novel idea- you stock replacement SI boards tested and ready to go. People return their used board in the same box you send it to them in. You charge your customers a core charge refundable on return of good rebuildable core. I would buy one today if you had and if you need cores I have 5 or 6 clusters + 1 board in need of batteries. People dont want to have their car down or take their cluster apart twice.

Comment

Originally posted by jefrolison View Post
      Hey I've got a novel idea- you stock replacement SI boards tested and ready to go. People return their used board in the same box you send it to them in. You charge your customers a core charge refundable on return of good rebuildable core. I would buy one today if you had and if you need cores I have 5 or 6 clusters + 1 board in need of batteries. People dont want to have their car down or take their cluster apart twice.
      Please send me a PM. I'd like to buy those spare SI boards from you. Please have pics on each one ready so I can check them out. I can certainly have working spares available for 1 time swap. Just need some spares first.
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

SI Board Battery Replacement, Repair, Restore Services (Service Interval Board)

PM sent

Comment

Hey all,

I've got a huge lot of SI boards for refurbishment. Once refurbished, I will offer them on this thread. This way you guys can pay for the SI boards and have a refundable deposit for your board. This will greatly reduce your vehicles downtime and only 1 disassembly.

Stay tuned.
          www.BavRest.com
          My Feedback Thread
          Our Facebook!
          Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Greg, we have a bunch as well, Ill email you with details. Thanks.
            sigpic
            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

I would love to get an already refurbished si board.
              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                Greg, we have a bunch as well, Ill email you with details. Thanks.
                Sure, thanks.

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                I would love to get an already refurbished si board.
                Coming soon. I'll shoot you a PM once I get some ready spares. Which SI board do you need? Nicad board or lithium board?
                www.BavRest.com
                My Feedback Thread
                Our Facebook!
                Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
                  Sure, thanks.

Coming soon. I'll shoot you a PM once I get some ready spares. Which SI board do you need? Nicad board or lithium board?
                  I am also interested in a new battery si board. My m3 tach is sporadic.

Comment

Originally posted by Modena NYC View Post
                    I am also interested in a new battery si board. My m3 tach is sporadic.
                    Shoot me a PM with your car info. If you know what kind of SI board you have, that would be great. If not, we can figure it out.
                    www.BavRest.com
                    My Feedback Thread
                    Our Facebook!
                    Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Bump, I have 1 SI board with fresh Lithium batteries and two SI boards with NiCad batteries.
                      Last edited by Gregs///M; 07-15-2014, 01:14 PM.
                      www.BavRest.com
                      My Feedback Thread
                      Our Facebook!
                      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

$60 is a good deal, I'll be contacting you soon.
                        - Josh
                        1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                        Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

I just got my cluster back and in the car - I had him do both boards - and everything works. Up from at the very least an intermittent tach, wonky SI lights intermittent battery discharge and a temp gauge that was starting to bounce madly. Quick, good communication and well documented repair. Definitely check this out if you are having cluster issues.

Thanks Greg.
                          astiv43
                          '89 Zinoberrot 325i 'vert, auto

Comment

Originally posted by astiv43 View Post
                            I just got my cluster back and in the car - I had him do both boards - and everything works. Up from at the very least an intermittent tach, wonky SI lights intermittent battery discharge and a temp gauge that was starting to bounce madly. Quick, good communication and well documented repair. Definitely check this out if you are having cluster issues.

Thanks Greg.

Thank you for the review!
                            www.BavRest.com
                            My Feedback Thread
                            Our Facebook!
                            Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
                              Sure, thanks.

Honestly I haven't a clue which board my car takes. It's an 85 318.
                              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Working...
                              X