New member and my 5 lug conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dcr View Post
    Do you have a custom rotor available for my E30 M3 running E36 M3 calipers. I would prefer not to usea spacer as I want to keep my wheels (all 4 sets). Car is a race car.
    Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
    Since his kits use factory rotors and not custom ones I would think the answer is no.

Most solutions I see use a spacer between the hub and rotor because there are no OEM rotors in the larger diameter/thickness with a shallow hat depth.
    Actually I have a 2 piece rotor designed for this exact situation! I use factory rotors in my kit with small rotor spacers as it is much more cost effective than producing a custom 2 piece rotor.

I will shoot you a PM.
    sigpic
    My 5 Lug Conversion Kit thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=265863
    5 Lug Conversion Kit Group Buy!! http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=281362

Comment

Well, I was way off then :) oops!
      -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by rongineer13 View Post
        Actually I have a 2 piece rotor designed for this exact situation! I use factory rotors in my kit with small rotor spacers as it is much more cost effective than producing a custom 2 piece rotor.

I will shoot you a PM.
        Can you pm me the info on that as well, I'd be very interested.

Comment

updates?
          My feedback:
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=186328

http://e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74911

Instagram:
          @gears_n_glory

@functionmotorsports

Comment

Originally posted by bataangpinoy View Post
            updates?
            Well, a few kits have sold; and I'm most of the way done with a custom kit using Porsche 997 GT3 PCCB calipers front and rear with 350mm front rotors and 332mm rear rotors. Unfortunately I've been buried in school work and not able to dedicate as much time to marketing as I'd like :/
            sigpic
            My 5 Lug Conversion Kit thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=265863
            5 Lug Conversion Kit Group Buy!! http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=281362

Comment

Well, a few kits have sold; and I'm most of the way done with a custom kit using Porsche 997 GT3 PCCB calipers front and rear with 350mm front rotors and 332mm rear rotors. Unfortunately I've been buried in school work and not able to dedicate as much time to marketing as I'd like :/
              would love to see pics, details and a price
              88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

That sounds insane. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Comment

Here are some pictures from the 135i Brake upgrade we did on my e30 M3. (I'm the manufacturer of Rongineer13's 5 Lug kit parts).

I had the fronts on the car for 6 months and numerous track days and just completed the rears and the first track event. Huge improvement on stopping force and no fading whatsoever. Obviously this could be duplicated for other e30 M3's but it does not come cheap.

For those still on the fence on the 5 Lug conversions. A few kits have been sold and installed and are working well. Guten Parts and Service is also going to install the kit on their famous 'Black Betty" car and BMW Performance Magazine will do a story on it soon. We are motivated to sell more and have kits that are ready to go, so if you have been sitting on the fence now is the time.
                  Attached Files

Comment

In case the attachments aren't working, here is a link:

Comment

I received one of these kits on Friday and the quality on the machining is very nice.
                      Ill be using E46 318 front brakes so Ill update this week with how I go fitting them
                      We're out there in here.

Comment

Almost got these installed

Got the caliper brackets and hubs on. Hubs went on very nice, no pressing needed and tightened up as they should. I had to grind the e46 brackets a bit and add some washers to center the bracket on the rotor. I also drilled and time-serted where the original caliper bolts go instead of using nuts and bolts.
                        Found out today that they have 2 rotor sizes for non M e46 286mm and 300mm
                        With the 286mm rotor the pad sticks out over the edge of the rotor so Im getting some 300s tomorrow and will try to fit them. Got it all under a set of 15x7" et20 Style 3s
                        Should have pics tomorrow
                        We're out there in here.

Comment

We're out there in here.

Comment

any update with 300s e46 non M front setup with 15x7 et20?
                            [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------
                            [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------
                            Transaction Feedback

Comment

Yeah they fit no problem
                              I did end up milling my adapters a bit to get rid of the washers
                              We're out there in here.

Comment

What is the lowest offset you can run on the front with the standard front kit? Can you run an Et20? Do you sell the rear kit separately? How much for just the rear kit?
                                How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X