New member and my 5 lug conversion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • jrockbk
    replied
    So I confirmed that i need to use e39 528 caliper with e46 325i rotor but I don't know if I need to modify my dust plate

    Leave a comment:


  • ngampleh
    replied
    I have made e46 325/328i brake setup on e30 trailing arm with z4 hubs


    for more detail
    Last edited by ngampleh; 09-07-2016, 07:19 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • eduTechnic
    replied
    Looks like someone (jb325is?) said e39 540i rears are a direct fit. They also mentioned the e46 m3 setup doesn't work out of the box.

    Leave a comment:


  • jrockbk
    replied
    Zombie thread! But seriously I have this kit and with e46m3 rear calipers and rotors and can't get it to fit in the car, for one the rotor doesn't go on hub without the removal of back plate and parking brake mechanisms, which does not bother me because it's gonna be a track rat, but second when I bolt everything up with adapter the caliper carrier does not line up straight with the rotor , and the rotor rubs on inner side of carrier. My question is did anyone try and run e46m3 rear brake setup with success and without modifying anything, or do I have to use the e39 rear caliper with e46 325i rotor? My car is stuck without rear brakes right now because of this. Any help would be appreciated

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Are you www.rongineer.com? I only ask because I found that site, and I used to work on the Western production line back in 2001-2002 in Desert Hot Springs, Ca and I used to build Elegantes.

    Leave a comment:


  • rzerob
    replied
    What is the lowest offset you can run on the front with the standard front kit? Can you run an Et20? Do you sell the rear kit separately? How much for just the rear kit?

    Leave a comment:


  • BUDNUNTA
    replied
    Yeah they fit no problem
    I did end up milling my adapters a bit to get rid of the washers

    Leave a comment:


  • ngampleh
    replied
    any update with 300s e46 non M front setup with 15x7 et20?

    Leave a comment:


  • BUDNUNTA
    replied


    Leave a comment:


  • BUDNUNTA
    replied
    Almost got these installed

    Got the caliper brackets and hubs on. Hubs went on very nice, no pressing needed and tightened up as they should. I had to grind the e46 brackets a bit and add some washers to center the bracket on the rotor. I also drilled and time-serted where the original caliper bolts go instead of using nuts and bolts.
    Found out today that they have 2 rotor sizes for non M e46 286mm and 300mm
    With the 286mm rotor the pad sticks out over the edge of the rotor so Im getting some 300s tomorrow and will try to fit them. Got it all under a set of 15x7" et20 Style 3s
    Should have pics tomorrow

    Leave a comment:


  • BUDNUNTA
    replied
    I received one of these kits on Friday and the quality on the machining is very nice.
    Ill be using E46 318 front brakes so Ill update this week with how I go fitting them

    Leave a comment:


  • norMcal
    replied
    In case the attachments aren't working, here is a link:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/92573626@N06/12103044533/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/92573626@N06/12103043923/

    Leave a comment:


  • norMcal
    replied
    Here are some pictures from the 135i Brake upgrade we did on my e30 M3. (I'm the manufacturer of Rongineer13's 5 Lug kit parts).

    I had the fronts on the car for 6 months and numerous track days and just completed the rears and the first track event. Huge improvement on stopping force and no fading whatsoever. Obviously this could be duplicated for other e30 M3's but it does not come cheap.

    For those still on the fence on the 5 Lug conversions. A few kits have been sold and installed and are working well. Guten Parts and Service is also going to install the kit on their famous 'Black Betty" car and BMW Performance Magazine will do a story on it soon. We are motivated to sell more and have kits that are ready to go, so if you have been sitting on the fence now is the time.
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • hopefule30owner
    replied
    Originally posted by rongineer13
    Well, a few kits have sold; and I'm most of the way done with a custom kit using Porsche 997 GT3 PCCB calipers front and rear with 350mm front rotors and 332mm rear rotors. Unfortunately I've been buried in school work and not able to dedicate as much time to marketing as I'd like :/
    That sounds insane. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    Leave a comment:


  • burkey001
    replied
    Originally posted by rongineer13
    Well, a few kits have sold; and I'm most of the way done with a custom kit using Porsche 997 GT3 PCCB calipers front and rear with 350mm front rotors and 332mm rear rotors. Unfortunately I've been buried in school work and not able to dedicate as much time to marketing as I'd like :/
    would love to see pics, details and a price

    Leave a comment:

Working...