Spam Threads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spam Threads...

are getting out of hand. Can I suggest the new member application process be a little more discerning to weed out spammers?

Solution: new members cannot start a new thread until they have 5 posts. This not only makes new spam threads harder to get create but forces new members to search to answer their first few burning questions, needs, or wants. WIN WIN and its automated so more WIN.

I think this is actually a pretty good idea.

Of course noobs who just want to make a thread right away will just post "nice car" or something in 5 random threads, but it should help with spammers a little.
    sigpic

Buy and sell your E30s and E30 parts on E30 Marketplace!

Comment

Originally posted by defaultName View Post
      I think this is actually a pretty good idea.

Of course noobs who just want to make a thread right away will just post "nice car" or something in 5 random threads, but it should help with spammers a little.
      Sure, but at least they may real contributors someday. Besides, who doesn't like compliments? I know that is why I'm here.

Comment

I support this idea
        88 325is Five Speed
        Lachssilber

Comment

pleeeaseee
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

nice car
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by z6ne View Post
              nice car
              I see what you did thaaar

Comment

i agree. all these "watchFullEpisodesNudesCandyRapeingMan" threads are clogging up the sight's space.
                -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                Got Drop?? ;-)
                Originally posted by JinormusJ
                But of course
                E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Yeah good idea, just dont make "need 100 posts for a for sale thread" shits dumb
                  Check Out My Photography

aPapester Photography Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                    I support this idea
                    Originally posted by kronus
                    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

What's funny is there are EIGHT spam threads below this one.

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post
                        Solution: new members cannot start a new thread until they have 5 posts. This not only makes new spam threads harder to get create but forces new members to search to answer their first few burning questions, needs, or wants. WIN WIN and its automated so more WIN.
                        The spammers are real people(I assume in some another country) not robots. They get paid to post links. You can't get rid of them that easily. By making them post in 5 threads before they can start a thread, just means that they will post more.

So it could be "loose-loose".
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          The spammers are real people(I assume in some another country) not robots. They get paid to post links. You can't get rid of them that easily. By making them post in 5 threads before they can start a thread, just means that they will post more.

So it could be "loose-loose".
                          Not if they can't figure out why they can't create a new thread. Its too time consuming to try to troubleshoot one forum when there are thousands of others the can get their $0.00003 from per post right away.

As an added layer, new members could have a probationary first question they have to be able to respond to before being able to create a thread, like respond to an automated PM question intelligibly. Like "why do you think you should be allowed to be a member of this forum?" If they answer "Brad Pitt's New Love Triangle" or "auto fan #1" its a straight nix.

Comment

I'm sure they can figure it out :|

And, as far as a "probationary first question" - that's not built into vBulletin. It's not going to happen. Trust me.
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                              I support this idea
                              this +1

Originally posted by z6ne View Post
                              nice car

Originally posted by fronton View Post
                              Not if they can't figure out why they can't create a new thread. Its too time consuming to try to troubleshoot one forum when there are thousands of others the can get their $0.00003 from per post right away.

As an added layer, new members could have a probationary first question they have to be able to respond to before being able to create a thread, like respond to an automated PM question intelligibly. Like "why do you think you should be allowed to be a member of this forum?" If they answer "Brad Pitt's New Love Triangle" or "auto fan #1" its a straight nix.
                              almost like creating an app for your phone that asks you a question that requires some brain power before you can access it, in order to prevent you from drunk texting/dialing...
                              NRG Quick Release/MOMO Hubs|NRG Limited Edition Deep Dish Wheels|NRG Wood Wheels|Nardi|
                              9five Eyewear|Day of the Dead Tees|
                              WORK Wheels|Lug Nuts|
                              STÄTUS|
                              Got Juice?|

Comment

Working...
                              X