From Alpine to Lachssilber (1988 325is)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Alpine to Lachssilber (1988 325is)

Hey guys, haven't been on here for a while actually. So about a year ago i had a alpine white coupe which i was mindlessly trying to piece together after some rocker damage before my school started. Unfortunately I couldn't seem to finish in time, and I couldn't make anymore time for the car. I decided to sell the car at about the end of November last year sure enough in about two weeks she was going of with some guy all the way to Oregon from The Bay Area. Having sold my car I wasn't sure when i would be able to find another, it only took two weeks and I found a much better platform to start from. Ill just let the picture to the talking from here.

Last picture of the white one

Hello 88' Lachssilber!

Paint was in horrible condition, looked like this all around

Converted the bumpers

And it was off to the paint shop... Here is the first picture of her back, bumpers werent painted the right color and some of the trim pieces broke during the whole process.

Few months later, this is what she looks like now with all her little pieces buttoned up.

Black MafiaINNERCIRCLE photoshoot 010 by Branden Dehne Photos, on Flickr

Black MafiaINNERCIRCLE photoshoot 009 by Branden Dehne Photos, on Flickr

Black MafiaINNERCIRCLE photoshoot 013 by Branden Dehne Photos, on Flickr
    Last edited by e30pdee; 02-16-2014, 12:58 AM.
    1989 Alpine White 325i - Sold

1988 Lachssilber 325is - (Daily Driver)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=304195

by truesocietyphotography

Very nice. Looks like the Lac car had plenty of rust around the trunk.
    i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Car looks good Pauldeen! When I finally get my car down to California, I'll make sure to meet up with you and my cousin. I want to show him what an NA inline 6 can do against his EVO.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

:( Everyone with 88s convert to plastic bumpers. I love the combination of late tails and metal bumpers. I've been trying to find me an 88. But yeah, the car does look good!

Comment

Looking good!
          Fellow Lachs guy here.

Are those wheels 15 or 16? They look great.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
            Looking good!
            Fellow Lachs guy here.

Are those wheels 15 or 16? They look great.

Man, I love my lachs not too many around, i have a gray interior too which i love!

16x8 actually et15 offset! They fit great it barely rubs at one and a half turns from center.

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
              Car looks good Pauldeen! When I finally get my car down to California, I'll make sure to meet up with you and my cousin. I want to show him what an NA inline 6 can do against his EVO.

Thanks man! I cant wait to see your beast in action. After I get coilovers and interior redone that'll probably be next, I really want to do m50 turbo, but its impractical so i just might try to do a s50 swap somewhere down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Restoman View Post
                Very nice. Looks like the Lac car had plenty of rust around the trunk.
                Yea actually it had some rust where the tailight mounts were too, the bondo work on the rear quarter panel when i originally bought it was poorly done. The body shop i gave it too had a lot of attention to detail so whatever was wrong they pretty much took care of it's a California car so the rust it did have was minimal luckily

Comment

Originally posted by series88 View Post
                  :( Everyone with 88s convert to plastic bumpers. I love the combination of late tails and metal bumpers. I've been trying to find me an 88. But yeah, the car does look good!
                  Honestly I do too, I still have all the parts to convert it back to metal. I just figured if I was going to spend money painting it i might as well convert bumpers, cause the DB metal was really oxidized.

Comment

Originally posted by series88 View Post
                    Agreed. Silver 88's with metal bumpers and some polished splits are a universe apart.
                    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Car looks awesome man. "Lachs Army brother reporting for duty" ;)
                      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Well done sir. Lachs is a great color, then again maybe i'm biased.
                        sigpic

Comment

I might get some hate, but I was really liking the metal bumpers... Seems a little bit more unique around this thread.

Comment

yay we have the same wheels, what size tires are those?

Comment

Originally posted by gnarsteezman View Post
                              yay we have the same wheels, what size tires are those?
                              I'm running 205/50/16 all around, it grips much better with 205s so thats mainly why i went with that

Comment

Working...
                              X