Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*new member* Hennarot content

hello all!

first and foremost i would like to introduce myself: my name is Dan, and I am 25 years old. Ive been a fan and owner of the bmw e30 for the past 11 years. I may be new to r3v but i am not new to the e30 scene. If anyone here is a former e30tech member you will know me as "e30fanman"

Anyway, here we go.

The car is a 1984 318i with 175k miles on the body. When i got the car 11 years ago, it had 143k miles on it and it was my grandmothers since day one. I am the second owner with an in depth record of every piece of work, oil change and wax done to the car for the past 30 years. ( 3 full notebooks ) in 2003 when i drove to tenn. with my dad to tow the car home the m10 motor was having electrical issues and diagnosed by a mechanic as needing a new ecu for 2 grand. My grandfather offered me the car as a fixerupper for a few years until i got my license. Id have a nice classic car to drive.

here is a picture from the day i picked her up.

after this, the entire car was torn down and i replaced everything. new alternator, new icv, new injectors, new wires, plugs, distributor and so on. the works... the car ran like a champion, and a slug, i mean it is an m10.

I took the car with me to college in 2007 from long island to West Virginia University. Over those three years, the car saw rims, and a short shifter and just tons of maintaining. Here are some photos of slight mods

Then, i ran into a rough time and had to sell the rims and a few things to take care of car insurance/rent while i was in college.. after that i got a little out of control with a spray can and spray tints.. you can see here is what the car looked like last time i posted a picture, these are the guys from WVU and surrounding areas on a nice meet up i believe in 2009/10 not positive... naturally my car is the henna with NY plates.

and then, she broke. the rear diff jammed while driving and the axle snapped. the sad thing here is that, i was poor and in college. This once elegant ride sat on the side of my dads house under a tarp for 4 years.

within the past year the car has seen an m20b25/g260 swap, custom exhaust, suspension technique lowering springs, new shoes that are 16's instead of those ugly 17's i had with nice tires of 215/55/16 a thule roof rack/fairing, smileys and mini cooper fog lights in place of the square stock ones. i have several new photos to post but i do want to say that there are some before/after suspension shots and the car hasn't fully settled yet as it was done less then 100 miles ago. The car is also filthy in the after drop pics.

See below..

after updates not lowered

and after the not settled suspension

and my (now fiance's) mkv on raceland coils with front end swap and removed badges/hood filled just because who doesnt like more cars?

here are more photos from when the suspension was settled and the car was clean

and as some of you may know andrew (adonwilson) i went to meet up with him in PA for a show a few weeks back

after the wash before I hit the road

here is one from the show wit Andrews car behind mine

and the teaser...for what i am currently doing

I hope you all enjoy my car, as well as your own e30's as much as i do. Cheers!

edit:

i forgot to mention that the 885 head was fully rebuilt and ringed, and the water jackets have been welded.

Nice!

Welcome to R3V :up:

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Man, wish my Henna paint was that nice. Looking good!

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by MPLFoster View Post
        Nice!

Welcome to R3V :up:
        thank you!

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
        Man, wish my Henna paint was that nice. Looking good!
        thanks man. I compound and wax it fairly often, but you're also seeing it in tiny photos. She's pretty photogenic, there are rust bubbles and the usual dings. My fenders are flaking off from too much rub on hard turns

Comment

yes yes YES.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Lose the rusty hood and you have yourself a decent e30

90 M3 brilliantrot/schwarz
            90 M5 brilliantrot/schwarz
            87 325 alpinweiss/houndstooth (building)
            90 735i/5 islandgrün-metallic/schwarz (daily)
            87 Foxbody Notch 5.0 5spd SSP (other daily)
            71 F-250 4x4 390 4spd

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
              yes yes YES.
              glad you like it.

Originally posted by bruner View Post
              Lose the rusty hood and you have yourself a decent e30
              decent isn't a goal of mine. The car has its dings, its 30 years old. The hood was rusting on its own already, I just stripped it.

you're probably not going to like the end result of my car and I'm quite alright with that. We all have our own opinions, and I'm a fan of bright, obnoxious and different. There will be plenty of that involved in the near future.

thanks for looking!

Comment

I am mad jealous... super rad car

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                  I am mad jealous... super rad car
                  thank you! Its been a lot of work, but thank the lord-ahhh (in my best black preacher imitation) for e30s. Plenty more updates to come in the not so distant future. I'm planning on getting my turbo setup finished and a new interior after my wedding. It doesn't need the interior, the original is actually 110% mint, but I'm looking for some recaros and a cage

Comment

love the henna.

manual or power windows? central locking?
                    Originally posted by stevie30
                    The e30 is the '57 Chevy of the European imports. Quote me on this.
                    1986 325eS - cosmosblau, sold
                    1990 325i - bronzit sedan, sold
                    1984 318i - delphin coupe, sold
                    1987 325iS - zinnoberrot, sold
                    1988 325iS - zinnoberrot, sold
                    1989 325iX - zinnoberrot sedan, current project/daily

Comment

Originally posted by docleary View Post
                      love the henna.

manual or power windows? central locking?

manual everything, even a crank on the sunroof

Comment

a lot of early 318i's were produced that way - how about the rear windows, do they pop out?
                        Originally posted by stevie30
                        The e30 is the '57 Chevy of the European imports. Quote me on this.
                        1986 325eS - cosmosblau, sold
                        1990 325i - bronzit sedan, sold
                        1984 318i - delphin coupe, sold
                        1987 325iS - zinnoberrot, sold
                        1988 325iS - zinnoberrot, sold
                        1989 325iX - zinnoberrot sedan, current project/daily

Comment

Nice ride ... kewl upgrades & the final add-on (turbo): Priceless.

Keep us informed.

Comment

Nice, welcome to r3v dude.

Comment

Originally posted by docleary View Post
                              a lot of early 318i's were produced that way - how about the rear windows, do they pop out?
                              they do!!!

Originally posted by tig welder View Post
                              Nice ride ... kewl upgrades & the final add-on (turbo): Priceless.

Keep us informed.
                              thanks man, I certainly will
                              Originally posted by adonwilson View Post
                              Nice, welcome to r3v dude.
                              oh hi there! When are you coming over lol

Comment

Working...
                              X