No announcement yet.

1968 Florida 1600 Restoration Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to go bare foot on that carpet. Loving the paint!!
    clutchCTRL!
    Move with a purpose.
    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
    - 2000 323i AT
    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

It's inspiring to watch your progress. Where did you buy your 3 core radiator?

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
        I can't wait to drive this thing! Either of them!

Originally posted by C.C.C. View Post
        It's inspiring to watch your progress. Where did you buy your 3 core radiator?
        I had two built up using a shop in Orange, Ca that does all of Jay Leno's cars. They did a very good job.

But these are now available through WN. I trust them. I've bought from them a few times and have only good things to say. Except body panels. Don't buy fenders if you are expecting OE quality and fitment.

Wasserkühler mit Hochleistungskühlnetz - entspricht dem Serieneinbaumass (ist gegen den Serienkühler austauschbar 1502-2002tii ) - Netzmaß 400 x 340 x 40 mm, besonders geeignet für alle Modelle mit Kühlproblemen oder leistungsgesteigerten Motoren und für Sporteinsätze - ca. 50% Kühlleistung als der Serienkühler, ca. 20% mehr Kühlleistung als der Tropen/tii Kühler, Made in Germany in original Optik Nur in Verbindung mit 360 mm Lüfterrad
        world renown Harry Potter expert
        sigpic

Comment

Dropped off the first set of steelies at a wheel shop today. The owner will widen the barrels to 5.5" and move the face back a bit deeper, giving me roughly 2" of lip while still maintaining a decent offset. This guy does good work and is very CHEAP.

He speaks broken english, so I'm just hoping he understood what I wanted. But for how little I paid, I'm sure he can redo it if it's not good. Pretty excited.

And a set of VW wheels he just did for a customer in New York:

I also snagged these up. These are BBS RS003 in 16x7 et25. Too big for a 2002, but just right for an e30. I will probably start looking for a nice 318iS to purchase pretty soon here.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
            Dropped off the first set of steelies at a wheel shop today. The owner will widen the barrels to 5.5" and move the face back a bit deeper, giving me roughly 2" of lip while still maintaining a decent offset. This guy does good work and is very CHEAP.

He speaks broken english, so I'm just hoping he understood what I wanted. But for how little I paid, I'm sure he can redo it if it's not good. Pretty excited.

And a set of VW wheels he just did for a customer in New York:

I also snagged these up. These are BBS RS003 in 16x7 et25. Too big for a 2002, but just right for an e30. I will probably start looking for a nice 318iS to purchase pretty soon here.

Maybe pick up these bbs' too!! :)
            _keepitgutter
            88 Alpine white Super Eta

Comment

Great build!

Those BBS's, however, are not RS003's.
              RS003's have 30 bolt centers from the 15" RS001. they have larger diameter lips and barrels to make them 16". They also have the small center cap waffles. If those are 4x100 they have been filled and redrilled, or they do not have a 57.1mm center bore. Check the markings under the center caps.

The wheels in my sig are true RS003's.

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                Originally posted by constructor View Post
                Great build!

Those BBS's, however, are not RS003's.
                RS003's have 30 bolt centers from the 15" RS001. they have larger diameter lips and barrels to make them 16". They also have the small center cap waffles. If those are 4x100 they have been filled and redrilled, or they do not have a 57.1mm center bore. Check the markings under the center caps.

The wheels in my sig are true RS003's.
                Well that scares me a bit. I will contact the seller now and see what he has to say.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
                sigpic

Comment

BBS Wheels

I have an E30 vert

Any interest in selling the 16x7 BBS Wheels?

Thanks

EFE

Comment

Originally posted by efe1959 View Post
                    I have an E30 vert

Any interest in selling the 16x7 BBS Wheels?

Thanks

EFE
                    I can not sell you these wheels because they are not in my possession, nor will ever be due to recent developments.

Sorry
                    sigpic

Comment

I can not sell you these wheels because they are not in my possession, nor will ever be due to recent developments.

Sorry
                      Glad you didn't get stuck with those.

Comment

Originally posted by constructor View Post
                        Glad you didn't get stuck with those.
                        Me too!

Thank you for pointing out the differences. I missed that upon initial observation and narrowly avoided a very costly mistake!
                        sigpic

Comment

Widened 13" steelies are back from the wheel shop. They look so good!

They are just spray painted at this point. I'm probably going to have the faces powder coated a slightly darker gray color (closer to Wurth) before I mount the new tires that also just showed up.

Some more for clearance purposes:

I quickly threw on a wheel to the front of the 2002 to see what kind of clearance (or lack of) I had with the fender lip. It's actually pretty close, and I know that as the car is lowered, natural camber will get these to clear, but i think I have a solution so I don't have to rely on camber for the front wheels.

I'm going to have a second set whipped up this week but this time, I will have the wheel face pushed out toward the front lip another half inch as to increase the offset and gain greater clearance for the fender lip. This will give me two full sets of wheels in 5.5j with higher offsets in the front for clearance. I already know the rears will clear fine.

Things are looking good.

This all just feels so right.
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow those looks great!!! What did they charge for the widening if you don't mind?

Comment

Those steelies came out fantastically
                              instagram

Comment

it took me 2 months to see this.
                                congrats and good job as always!

Comment

Working...
                                X