No announcement yet.

1968 Florida 1600 Restoration Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get the wheels installed on the car with tires before you get the second set of wheels made. You may not want/need the second made the way you think right now.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I like this thread a lot. That color is just so .... ughh... damn. Nice work

Comment

Originally posted by Big Willy View Post
        Those steelies came out fantastically
        I was way surprised at how well they turned out. Mostly because I didn't say anything to the man about backspacing of offset. It was the most primitive conversation I ever had about a fairly technical concept.

But I dropped the wheels off, and three days later they were done. I didn't call to check up on them in the interim or anything.

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
        it took me 2 months to see this.
        congrats and good job as always!
        Thanks Oliver! Show us your new Prius.

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post

Get the wheels installed on the car with tires before you get the second set of wheels made. You may not want/need the second made the way you think right now.
        I'm going to have the second set done anyways (was the original plan). I rather have the tire protect the lip of the wheel so I'm going through with my original plan. At they were mounted on the car yesterday, they were a hair too far past the fender and I believe the second set will correct that. Then I will have two identical sets with slightly better offsets for the front wheels. I think it will work.

I also want to paint these wheels with 2k black primer, then catalized silver wheel paint. I'm after a shade darker on the silver/gray color that what is currently pictured. I'm basically after a stock bbs silver.

Originally posted by scabzzzz View Post
        I like this thread a lot. That color is just so .... ughh... damn. Nice work
        which car? The Florida Green or this Opal Green Metallic?
        world renown Harry Potter expert
        sigpic

Comment

Both man, but specifically the Florida with that interior. So beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ak- on the board here is redoing both interiors for me. Both cars will have new interiors in the next week.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
              ak- on the board here is redoing both interiors for me. Both cars will have new interiors in the next week.
              Niiice...

v i s i o n a u t i k s

Comment

Currently working on Ryan's interiors for both '02s. Excited to see it all done and installed.
                We've been communicating ideas back and forth and things are going pretty well so far.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                  Currently working on Ryan's interiors for both '02s. Excited to see it all done and installed.
                  We've been communicating ideas back and forth and things are going pretty well so far.

I just removed you from my myspace top 8. Indefinitely.
                  sigpic

Comment

I just removed you from my myspace top 8. Indefinitely.
                    Does that mean I get moved up?!?!? ;D

Im going to have a set of Porsche steels widened soon, can you sext me some details about cost/ location and all that good stuff?

btw Im hoping to drop by tomorrow on my lunch break to grab those ignition coils, cool?
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Wow - the colors are so awesome. Lucky guy
                      91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                      ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                        Wow - the colors are so awesome. Lucky guy
                        Thanks Rudeboi Stance

Did some stuff today.

I sort or rebuilt the center console a few weeks back but I hated it. Too many holes in the sidewall pieces, and the passenger side was damaged in two spots. I found a second center console through the FAQ and promptly bought it. All parts came today so I slapped it together. MUUUUCH BETTER.

Here is a photo of the old, assembled console. It's just wrong. The spacing of everything is wrong and I didn't even want to look at the car with that monstrosity sitting to the right of me. I lucked out and found a used but much better console. So here comes the rebuilding.

And after putting the newer console together and getting it installed in the car, here is what I'm left with:

Much better. This car should be on the road this week or so. The new interior is nearly finished. And so are the wheels. Just need to lower it and go through all systems.

I'm headed to see progress on the Florida car. It will be going into paint in the next week or two. I'm hoping to drive the florida car to SoCal Vintage. That would be really nice. I love that car.

But what I really need is a turbo car. And to correct the SF green car's color back to Agave Green.

So many wants, so many needs.
                        sigpic

Comment

But what I really need is a turbo car. And to correct the SF green car's color back to Agave Green.
                          Got some BNIB IE turbo flares with your name on em ;)

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Is the SF car not actually agave?
                            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
                              Got some BNIB IE turbo flares with your name on em ;)
                              No way dude r u crazy?

Side note, that box I found was about 3 inches too narrow. Need to find a bigger box now. But I will. I have not forgotten.

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                              Is the SF car not actually agave?
                              Well, this is Agave Green, also the original color of the SF car:

And this is the color it is currently repainted:

I personally like the Agave better. Better contrast for chrome and better color for a turbo under the hood.
                              sigpic

Comment

Agave is a great color on the 2002. My brother had one for a while lowered on e21 offset 14 inch panasports, it looked like a million bucks.
                                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X