• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
    I think they are ready.
    Those are sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
      Nice! Wheels look very nice :) I approve of the m42 turbo idea as well.
      Noted. I need to clear up some projects before I can take more on.

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
      Those are sweet!
      Thanks! I should have them mounted on a green car in the coming weeks.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

Those tire are legend.
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Those look killer

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
          --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

was the blue car suspension not salvageable?
            cars beep boop

Comment

One housing was slightly bent, so that and the insert are unusable now.
              They were sectioned too.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Those look great Ryan Where did you score the federals?? The legends dealer in Vegas?
                We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                  They were sectioned too.
                  yeah, but springs and sleeves and top hats..
                  cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                    Those tire are legend.
                    I'm a fan of tires. I just bought 10 in the last two weeks.

I am Tire God

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
                    Those look killer
                    Hopefully it doesn't kill me though. That would be far too many near deaths in a one-year period for me.

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                    was the blue car suspension not salvageable?
                    Passenger side survived. Everything looks straight and can be reused.
                    Driver's side has a bent strut housing, probably meaning that the insert is also bent. The strut bearing and fixed camber plate looks a bit screwy too. I may be able to straighten out the camber plate, but I'll probably grab a new strut bearing. I think I'll just send this set of housing to GC for their treatment, considering they hack off the stock tubes and reweld 50mm tubes meant for bigger Konis. This way I don't have to eat a set of strut tubes.

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                    They were sectioned too.
                    Yes, Abdu knows.

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                    Those look great Ryan Where did you score the federals?? The legends dealer in Vegas?
                    email sent.

yeah, but springs and sleeves and top hats..
                    Springs are good. They are 275lb/7inch/2.5" ID Hyperco springs. They are great, but the Florida car is getting Konis and 250lb springs. The Konis should make things more compliant than the Bilstein Sports.

The Bilstein Sports weren't bad, but I knew there was room for improvement at low-speed driving.
                    sigpic

Comment

I disassembled the blue car's front suspension this morning. Everything went smooth.

You can see driver's side bent tube in this photo. Thanks to RJ for welding in extra gusseting between the knuckle and the tube , because the lowest two inches of the tube remains straight. The bend actually starts where the gusseting stops. I'm sending these out to GC for one of their kits. 2002 strut inserts aren't getting easier to find and I don't want to throw a set away on account of a bend.

GC is throwing on new 50mm tubes anyways, so ultimately, this set can be saved.

yay.

And the VW Rabbit Bilstein Sports also survived without a single scratch. They are perfectly straight. When I removed the inserts, the 2-3" aluminum spacers came out as well. So theoretically, the insert from the bent housing never took damage. It narrowly missed it!

now to decide what to do with them..

Last edited by phreshkid; 10-06-2015, 12:58 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

A few small updates.

The Florida car is in for paint this week. The paint will cure for a few days then my painter with cut/buff it for a good shine. Then I will begin putting it back together with all new rubber seals and gaskets. New windshield gaskets, door gaskets, window gaskets, trunk gasket, etc. It will be a nightmare but I'll get it done.

I also received a box from Blunttech with fresh rotors, calipers, pads, bearings, SS brake lines, and other goodies. I'm awaiting a box from Ground Control for the new Suspension. All that will go on together as one. I also have new rubber bushings and control arms, etc. that will go on at the same time. Lots to do, so little time.

New interior is also done according to Abdu, so that will hopefully go in by the weekend as well.

Engine bay: I think I want to run a simple 32/36 or 38/38 with 292 cam, while still retaining the stock, round air cleaner. I think that will look nice. I haven't decided whether I will do the battery location conversion under the rear bench seat.

Soon.

Oh and I think I'll get this tranny in the 1600 as well. I'll have a 4.10LSD built specifically for this car. G245/LTW flywheel and 4.10 sounds fun with the 1.6L.

sigpic

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a clutch like that.
                          Hank Ahrens
                          1984 Alpine Coupe
                          1978 911sc

Comment

nice rasekar clutch!

is that a 245/11 or the standard OD?
                            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                              I don't think I've ever seen a clutch like that.
                              I found it in the parts pile. It looks brand new, aside from the surface rust. I ran the numbers and it fits the Getrag 245 gearbox, also pictured.

nice rasekar clutch!

is that a 245/11 or the standard OD?
                              How do I find out? It looks like a standard OD unit but I need to confirm.

edit: it looks like the g245/11 has a marking on the left side of the housing that would determine what it was for. Though I'm sure if I compared the bellhousing bolt pattern with a more common g260, I would be able to immediately tell.

My money is on a standard m10 g245 trans, with all the m10/s14 stuff also included in the pile.
                              sigpic

Comment

try to shift it left and down
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X