How can I check my coolant mixture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I check my coolant mixture?

Other than draining everything and measuring out a new mixture. I think I have too much coolant in the mix

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

You can go to any auto parts store and get a little tester kit for less than 5$

Suck a little of your hopefully coolant into the tester and it will let you know (normally a bunch of balls that only float at specific mixtures)

Comment

They sell a thing at Walmart that has little balls inside/or one that has indicator arrows and it tells you the strengths .

Comment

It's called a hydrometer:

And yes, they are very cheap.

Comment

^ that's what I want!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Keeping a proper coolant mixture is vital to your car's health. Antifreeze should be close to a 50 percent mixture, depending on your climate and driving conditions. But how are you supposed to know whether your coolant mixture is right for you and your car? You can test your coolant mixture easily with an inexpensive coolant mixture tester that can be bought at any auto parts store.
            Top Ten classified website

Comment

Fucking solid recap and decent info spambot mickTom! Maybe spambots will be the future of tl;dr threads?
              sigpic
              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Working...
              X