Full Suspension Refresh from ECS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Suspension Refresh from ECS?

Has anyone purchased and installed this kit? If so, is it a good bargain? Are there other things that could be done at the same time? Looking to go over my entire car. Thanks!

Mr. Wolfe
    sigpic

Manufacturer list seems respectable. URO is questionable.. some Febi..some Lemforder..
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Condor Speed Shop performance parts for the 1983 - 1991 BMW E30. Get the ultimate BMW performance upgrades for your track or street car. Some of our most notable E30 parts are our suspension bushings and UHMW, polyurethane, and solid aluminum engine mounts.

might wanna check this out as well and get some sort of mixture of whats offered between the two packages (ecs/condor) depending on how you want the car to ride.
      sigpic
      @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
      Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

I just pieced my own kit together. I'll never install anything URO on my car.
        My Garage
        2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
        1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
        1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
        Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

hit up blunt 1st
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yeah, skip on the Uro stuff. I've used mostly Lemforder for my bushes. TRW for ball joints and tie rods.
            Estoguy
            1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Thanks guys. Does anyone else sell a package with better pieces? I would not know what all to look for. Thanks.

Mr. Wolfe
              sigpic

Comment

Not that I know of. Just copy ECS's list, but replace anything from URO
                My Garage
                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

FCPEURO does kits.

They are east coast, too.

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                    FCPEURO does kits.

They are east coast, too.
                    I just priced everything from ECS on that site you shared and replaced the URO parts and it was almost exactly twice the cost. Worth it at almost $700?

Mr. Wolfe
                    sigpic

Comment

It is all your choice, money and desires.

I'd ask the folks at FCP, just like you would Blunt or Levent, to work up a quote. Include shipping.

The ECS kit price seems too good to be true. Reviewing the contents you see why. It subs in Uro parts for the most expensive bits, the control arms. If that is an area you believe is not a place to splurge, how much difference can a LCA make, then the kit and price are justified. FCP offers Meyle and Lemforder.

Having just redone my entire front suspension, I came to the decision OEM parts got the car this late into life... should give it another 27 years and 150,xxx miles. Uro... I cannot say. FCP offers a full, lifetime warranty. I am not sure they offer Uro given that. What does that say about Uro?

I ended up piecing my front. When it comes time for the rear, I will just price out a kit. Money can be saved if you piece it together.. clearance or garage clean out type sales here on the forums.

Read the RTS blog on CABs. Make sure the kit is even everything you want, expected results (ECS offers the centered CAB, the M3).

This is a time to try aftermarket, too. Perhaps they offer designs more in tune w/ your expectations and driving style.

Lastly, I ordered the JOMs when they first came into our r3v scene. $300 or so for a full suspension... "coilovers", to boot. I got what I paid for. It was good for what I wanted and wanted to spend.

Comment

Thanks bud. Appreciate the input. Not looking to cheap out and not interested URO after reading the reviews. I am going to shop around and see what kind of package I can put together.

Mr. Wolfe
                        sigpic

Comment

As someone else in this thread mentioned, Blunt will take care of you. I'd shoot them an email

Comment

Originally posted by raj View Post
                            As someone else in this thread mentioned, Blunt will take care of you. I'd shoot them an email
                            Checking them out. Thanks.

Mr. Wolfe
                            sigpic

Comment

And Guten, too. Plenty of folks here who resell.

Just get the whole picture.. with shipping.. returns and service.

Comment

Working...
                              X