E30 BBK Kits- Porsche 987 Brembos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 BBK Kits- Porsche 987 Brembos

So Im putting this out as a feeler. Please respond if you'd be interested or have questions as ill be taking orders soon!

The last couple months I've been tinkering around with solid works to develop front as well as rear caliper adapters for 4x100 e30's. I will be offering kits that include everything you will need to bolt them on. I've sat down with several engineers to make this happen and they should be coming back from CNC soon.These kits should be available for sale early May.

This will include:
    -stainless steel brake lines
    -adapters
    -all hardware
    -used refurbished Brembos (Porsche 987 4 piston)
    -new rotors
    -calipers can be power coated any color for an additional charge
    -options for brake pads or you can choose use your own.

This will be a relatively inexpensive option as I'm not looking to compete with prices that Company's like Wilwood have ($1000+ for just fronts). Im an enthusiast as well looking to share what we've developed with the community by offering a cheaper solution to a BBK kit.

Background:
    I have an E30 M50 turbo as a stripped track car. I was looking for a better solution for braking. While the hawk HP+ track pads help I hate the squeaking and wanted to get more out of them and more laps in with out fading. Besides the fact that this kit will look sweet it will also perform well and be rigorously track tested before there release. I have also been contemplating swapping an LS engine and these would be perfect for any V8 applications.

Thanks in advance,
    Zrace Performance

I'd love an easy route to putting a simple Wilwood caliper on the rear, mainly for the cheapness of pads.

What rotor(s) are you planning on using?
    sigpic

Comment

What is your target pricing for the front axle?

Part of the allure of moving to Wilwood calipers is the price of consumables is fairly low in comparison to other BBKs. For example, a Cayman PFC 11 front brake pad set is $327, vs. $185 for a Wilwood/AP 7420-shape pad.

HP+s are also not good for extended stints on the track. Have you tried other higher quality race pads, such as Hawk DTC or PFC 08/11? PFCs are really inexpensive for the E30.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

I second the notion for the wilwood type setup because its so much less expensive. Brake pads, rotors, tires, brake fluid and fuel are the biggest consumables... any ability to save money in the LONG run is smarter. I'd rather pay more up front for something that will save me more money down the line.
        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Also curious about which rotors you're planning on using, especially for the rear
          '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
          Shadetree30

Comment

I'm interested.
            1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
            COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post

Part of the allure of moving to Wilwood calipers is the price of consumables is fairly low in comparison to other BBKs. For example, a Cayman PFC 11 front brake pad set is $327, vs. $185 for a Wilwood/AP 7420-shape pad.

HP+s are also not good for extended stints on the track. Have you tried other higher quality race pads, such as Hawk DTC or PFC 08/11? PFCs are really inexpensive for the E30.
              All of this. ^

As documented in the "Let's talk about track day brakes" thread I started in this very subforum, HP+/HPS are awful for track use. I second the questions Fred posed, since putting PFC-11s on the stock system with stainless lines is perfectly adequate on my 24v swapped car.
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                HPS are awful for any use
                Fixed
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Interested depending on pricing. Been looking for a solid BBK for a month or so. Also can e30 stainless lines be reused or will these be custom?

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                  Instagram:
                  https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                  LS Build Thread:
                  https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Interested depending on price....what kind of time frame?

Comment

Interested also but need answers on all the above questions. Also, how will stock e30 ABS system will perform with this set up.
                      1990 e30 325is S50 swap (NASA GTS2 race car)
                      1990 e30 325is
                      1988 e30 M3 S50 euro swap

Comment

In for some more information.
                        Singer Vehicle Design.
                        Quan@singervehicledesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post

Sub $1000 dollars is the goal for everything. Wilwood will be next up for some brackets and experimenting. And no I have not but i will be now!

Comment

Very interested!
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
                            Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Interested to see what happens here. If you need help getting any parts let us know! We have accounts with Wilwood, Stoptech, Brembo :)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X