1986 e-nasty turbo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 e-nasty turbo.

i've some how managed to acquire this polished turd, that happens to be pretty cool in its own way. got it from a guy who built it in Wisconsin. they gave it the name "e-nasty" now i own here in kansas.

pretty beat on the outside, rusty on the inside.

it has a lot going for it, just needs a lot of care.

turbo M20 running on Ms2 Extra,with a Holset HY35 turbo.
    CP pistons, H beam rods, larger cam.
    innovative 6 wire wide band.
    blitz blow off valve.
    coil over plug set up
    built trans
    built 2.93 dif
    e36 M3 5 lug swap. with drilled and slotted rotors all around.
    full legit roll cage, welded to the chassis
    nice set of adjustable Bride seats with harnesses.

its pretty ghetto at the moment. but has loads of potential.

it runs decent. idles good, and drives good while cruising.
    once it hits boost seems to miss hard after 10psi. backfires and shakes. its currently at 18psi. we have it running rich. so it doesn't lean out.

i plan to update the ignition, to a set of LS1 coil packs, move them away from the from the heat.
    redo the intercooler piping and intercooler.
    change the air filter with something better.
    change the guibo to a rev shift solid one.
    re-wrap the downpipe
    and whatever i come across.
    then hopefully get it tuned after i fix all the stuff that need done.

i plan to wrap the body, after i replace both front fenders.

the engine mechanically is sound as hell, the tune is all screwed up in boost. its still pretty fast though. spins the tires all the way through 3rd gear.

work in progress for sure. if there are any mega squirt gurus out there that have some input, id love to talk to you.

here are a couple pics of the car. :D

Lol at the coils
    We're out there in here.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
      Lol at the coils
      i know right. kills me. but its sadly functional. hahah

Comment

Fellow HY'er here...wanted an HX35 but ebay add was incorrect...

Just got it running a few weeks ago. What injectors are you running? I'm stock and can't push more than ~10psi without leaning out. I'm tuning it to 7lbs now until i get new injectors. And by "tuning" i mean street tuning with the megasquirt autotune functionality. Totally worth the registration fee if you ask me.

Comment

It certainly looks rough, but there is plenty of potential there.

I've recently been working on tuning my turbo setup with megasquirt. I would also recommend paying for the registered version with tune analyze live, it makes getting your VE table dialed in much easier but it has its own limitations. If you have any questions you can check through my build thread or PM me and I can help you as best I can.
          2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Probably needs colder plugs as well that are gapped correctly

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Those coils and ecoboost badge made my day.
              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
              Q
              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

great sleeper, hope its not all cobbled together. Great thing about a car like this is you can fully enjoy it and not have it sit in a garage

Comment

Originally posted by cleanasse30 View Post
                  It certainly looks rough, but there is plenty of potential there.

I've recently been working on tuning my turbo setup with megasquirt. I would also recommend paying for the registered version with tune analyze live, it makes getting your VE table dialed in much easier but it has its own limitations. If you have any questions you can check through my build thread or PM me and I can help you as best I can.
                  thank you. i appreciate the offer. and may hit you up some time. i have to gather some parts before i start to do any real work. has the potential to be a super reliable set up.

Comment

Originally posted by bbowman View Post
                    Fellow HY'er here...wanted an HX35 but ebay add was incorrect...

Just got it running a few weeks ago. What injectors are you running? I'm stock and can't push more than ~10psi without leaning out. I'm tuning it to 7lbs now until i get new injectors. And by "tuning" i mean street tuning with the megasquirt autotune functionality. Totally worth the registration fee if you ask me.
                    i'm pretty sure they are precision turbo 1000cc injectors. not a 100% sure. i need to take the intake off some time and confirm. so i can get the tune set right.

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                      Probably needs colder plugs as well that are gapped correctly
                      yeah, i planned to do that once i revamped the ignition system. what type of plugs do you suggest. right now its running some sort of NGK plug.

how do you know what gap they need to be set at.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                        Those coils and ecoboost badge made my day.
                        haha, i know right. the coil over plug set up gets me every time i see it.

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                          great sleeper, hope its not all cobbled together. Great thing about a car like this is you can fully enjoy it and not have it sit in a garage
                          so far the only thing that screams out to me is the coil over plug set up. the MS and wiring harness is built very well. just in the worst body you could find.

i'm in the us army. so they don'y give us lower enlisted garages. haha i wish i had a garage for my MK2 jetta though.

Comment

Plan to do some work to it this weekend. I get a four day so hopefully I get some things done. Hopefully I can get some logs of the car as well. So I can start to figure out what I need to do about tuning it.

Comment

got the intake manifold off to see what the injectors are.

they for sure are some Precision Turbo Injectors. not sure of the size.

here are the numbers on them...

01D030B

then there is this number

they appear to be like brand new..

cant really find an exact answer on what size they are..

when you google the first part number i cant find a lot of info. but the injector people are talking about doesn't have the same matching number with the second part number.

here is a link. http://www.racetronix.com/621031.html
                              01d030b apparently is a 440cc injector. but from my research there are different sizes.

if anyone knows more about these injectors. please let me know.

The PO says they are 1000CC, i'm beginning to think they are much smaller.

Comment

Working...
                              X