No announcement yet.

1986 e-nasty turbo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to the junk yard this weekend to see if I can find fenders. Some exterior trim pieces. And maybe a windshield.

Order some new parts this Friday.
    Intake gaskets
    Valve cover gasket
    Fuel filter
    And some other bits.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldvw View Post
      The PO says they are 1000CC, i'm beginning to think they are much smaller.
      That's a good thing. You don't want 1000cc injectors, that's way too large for anything you'll be doing with that M20 and it would idle like crap.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
        That's a good thing. You don't want 1000cc injectors, that's way too large for anything you'll be doing with that M20 and it would idle like crap.
        well on that note, they for sure aren't 1000CC cause it honestly idled just fine after it got a chance to warm up.

Comment

Originally posted by donaldvw View Post
          well on that note, they for sure aren't 1000CC cause it honestly idled just fine after it got a chance to warm up.
          Eh, that's not necessarily true. A very good 1000cc injector (such as ID1000s) can idle a car just fine. I've seen plenty of subaru's running ID1000s with steady idles.
          2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Originally posted by cleanasse30 View Post
            Eh, that's not necessarily true. A very good 1000cc injector (such as ID1000s) can idle a car just fine. I've seen plenty of subaru's running ID1000s with steady idles.
            The subaru would have 4 of them though, not 6. That's less fuel at minimum pulsewidth at idle, plus sequential injection not batch fire like an M20. With 6 of those things in a 2.5/2.7 with batch fire injection it either would idle like crap or super rich depending on what compromise you made.

IG @turbovarg
            '91 318is, M20 turbo
            [CoTM: 4-18]
            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
            - updated 3-17

Comment

got some parts at one of the local junk yards today.

two good front fenders
              really clean grille
              and some door handles.

Comment

got the fenders on, painted them a satin black for now. also got the new grille on as well.

i really need to get a new front valance. well in reality i need a new shell, haha.

currently painting the intake and valve cover a wrinkled black color.

when i get paid on the first, im going to order the new ignition system. hopefully get it back running again.

if anyone has some injectors they wanna sell. let me know.

here are some pics i took today.

Comment

Going to put the intake manifold back on today. And upload a tune that I made quite a few changes to. And see what happens.

I've decided that next summer. I'm going to transplant all this into a newer body. But for now I'm just going to worry about making it functional.

Comment

just purchased tuner studio ultra.

Comment

so I'm having troubles with crusing AFR's being too lean. I can cruise in 3rd gear or fourth and they reach up to 15-18's I'm not really sure why I have my ve auto tune on.

I did some research, and another fellow member mentioned something about switching the injector staging from alternate to simultaneous, but when I do that. it hardly wants to idle, or rev. and the AFR's are rich, 9-10's.

any suggestions anyone?

I turned the boost down to 12psi. still having surging and bucking and misfiring issues in higher rpms. the AFR's are pretty crazy through out the whole rev range. once it hits boost. seems to get rich, like in the 11.5 area.

I changed the spark plugs to some NGK laser iridium's. I need to gap them right though.. any suggestions on the proper gap?

any help on this would be nice. once I can get it to quit missing and surging I think Ill be in the right direction. I still need to replace the ignition system, but I plan to do that after I get it running better.

Comment

so some good news.

so I finally got rid of that terrible coil over plug crap.
                        the coil packs that were on there could be converted to using a spark plug wire.

so I went to a local auto parts store. and got a MSD sparkplug wire kit.

and wow, what a difference. for the most part all the missing and surging and back firing went away. pulls pretty hard. so far all the AFRs are alright. in boost I'm at 11.5.

you kinda have to ease in to boost. not just floor it. it will back fire depending on what gear and rpm you're in. but it was a large improvement for sure. i'm going to take it out tomorrow and do some more auto tuning. once I get a bracket and new coil packs it'll look much better under the hood.

is it bad to have a lean afr at a cruising rpm. for some reason it sometimes will get in the 16.0-19.0 not for long. only when cruising and a low rpm.

Comment

Order a new ignition set up today.

Going to take the intake manifold back off. Rebuild the wiring harness. And fix and clean it all up.

Take the injectors into a shop to have them tested for size. By then I should be good to go. It's been running pretty decent. I think I need to retard timing in high rpm when in boost. I get back fore at times. Just depends how hard I am getting into it.

Comment

got some decent work done to the e30 over the weekend.

took the wiring harness out to repair and update for the LS1 coil packs.

here how it looks now, coil packs will be in the mail today. can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                            X