Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German overhead check panel. Completely useless, but totally cool.
    '87 325i "Chewey" (RIP, my beloved)
    current:
    '01 e46 325iT "Dot" - #datwagonlife
    '87 e30 325i "Tui" - she has her mother's eyes

Comment

My how-to install article:

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

I installed this yesterday using the above guide. Very easy and straight-forward install.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
          Bought one of bmwman91's spare Omega units, and used his install article here and works like a charm!

Thanks again!

Comment

installed this using a bulldog system. very easy, only problem was finding how to secure the unit in the trunk

Comment

Originally posted by equate975 View Post
              What make and model of keyless system are you guys getting? All the ebay links that were up are invaild now.
              Try this: http://www.rclick.co.uk/product_info...roducts_id=674

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynMW View Post
                Ok, you know I love you guys right? But so far, the only thing anyone has to say on this forum is how cheap the REC is, how easy it was to install, and how much they love it.

Meanwhile, I seem to be having a real problem figuring out how to get mine to work, been posting up questions and requesting advice for days, and so far nobody has had anything to say.

I'm sorry, I'm just losing my patience with this damn thing, and I need freaking help!

The only possible reason I can think of is that there is a problem with the central locking system's wiring in a place that isn't visible. Other than that, I don't know what I could be doing wrong. I followed all the directions, wired everything up properly, programming the transmitter properly, and yet, still no worky.

AAAARRRRGHGGG!!!!
                When you lock you're door on the driver side with your key do all your doors lock? If you lock your driver door and want to test your keyless after don't activate the deadlock because often these remotes won't operate with deadlock on. man I don't know what to say, test voltages and shit

Goodluck D':

Comment

If the alarm offers Door Trigger Input wires are they even applicable on our cars? I don't see how they work

Comment

Stephen, I am gonna send you pics soon, but the green wire on your Scytek goes to the brown/purple behind your speaker. It gets a signal from all doors, but not hood or trunk.

Closing SOON!
                    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

appreciate it luke. sorry to bug you. I figured you were busy so I decided to just research on the side to clean up that hack job. also I've been reading your old posts where you mentioned that the keyless entry requires a relay in the alarm. I'm not quite sure if my alarm has that been I've been able to unlock and lock just fine. also, do e30's even have a trunk trigger? I'm getting info where some people say they do while others don't
                      Last edited by bmwstephen; 03-09-2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

There is a trunk trigger, but it is only from the switch to the light, it does not go outside the trunk lid.

Your G20 should have 2 relays (for lock and unlock) or it will die soon.

Closing SOON!
                        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                          Stephen, I am gonna send you pics soon, but the green wire on your Scytek goes to the brown/purple behind your speaker. It gets a signal from all doors, but not hood or trunk.
                          Luke, what exactly does this tap do? As you can see on my alarm's diagram, I have one positive and one negative for the door trigger. I tried plugging each one in one at a time and testing for any changes and behavior and as far as I can tell it might as well not be tapped at all.

Comment

bumpy!

Comment

Scratch that, figured it out.

Just ordered from RightClick, $60 US.. Ill post pics when installed
                              Last edited by mRodiek; 03-22-2011, 02:01 PM.
                              Originally posted by e30lov
                              sweet a mk4 jetta, haven't seen one of them for about 14 seconds
                              Adventures of an E30

Comment

None of my locks work....Only the passenger side and my trunk lock from using the key.

When I use the trunk lock none of my locks go with it...So I'm guessing my car doesn't have central locking? Or is there a proper diagnosis to go about finding the problem with the central system??

I'm guessing if there is, I should start with my drivers side door because that lock doesn't even work...Its hard to get it to turn, and then it doesn't even lock...

Comment

Working...
                                X