Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potentially selling 4cyl engine and trans from 318 is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potentially selling 4cyl engine and trans from 318 is it worth it?

Is it worth the hassle of selling the 4cyl engines and the trans from them? Do these sell form much

M10 or M42?
    sigpic84 325e

Comment

Yes there is a market. Where are you?

Comment

Nashville tn area. Murfreesboro

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5757.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	10046040

Comment

Looking to sell these transmission included.

Comment

Let's do the math.

1000 any running BMW engine
              -800 M42 discount
              -80 aftermarket intake/no airbox
              -50 stretched throttle cable
              -20 open fuse box, clear sign of electrical issues
              -60 mess under the intake system spliced
              ------
              -10 you give me $10 and I'll take it away

Comment

You sound like a nice person. We are being arcastic right? Or are you just looking to stir up stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bottombunk View Post
                  You sound like a nice person. We are being arcastic right? Or are you just looking to stir up stuff.
                  Maybe.

Comment

Well if you are stirring stuff up move on. If you were just being funny for a moment ok. I really dont have time for nonsense..immjust looking at offloading a pair of these with transmissions for a reasonable price to recoupe the expenses of engine swaps

Comment

Well if you are stirring stuff up move on. If you were just being funny for a moment ok. I really dont have time for nonsense..immjust looking at offloading a pair of these with transmissions for a reasonable price to recoupe the expenses of engine swaps
                      Well, come up with a price, post info about the engines/transmissions, try to include compression numbers and a few pictures from different angles. Without real info we can only assume the engines are paperweights.

Comment

One is already pulled from running car. The other is still in it..so i can def get video of it running and obv compression numbers. Ill get mire pics and a price. What is the typical price of the them. Ive seen on ebay they are around 1500 but that is ebay.

Comment

One is already pulled from running car. The other is still in it..so i can def get video of it running and obv compression numbers. Ill get mire pics and a price. What is the typical price of the them. Ive seen on ebay they are around 1500 but that is ebay.
                          Condition is everything, if the timing chain system has not been verifiably serviced in the recent past the next owner can expect to shell out over 1k in parts for that alone. For an engine/transmission with healthy compression, typical miles, but no history I wouldn't pay more than $500, but it is clear that there are people around who will pay just about any amount, and then pay even more after the fact for their ignorance. However, you are the seller, so you set a price you feel comfortable with.

Comment

I just want a reasonable return. To me 500 is what i was thinking anyway. I have 2 of these and eventually a 6cyl that gets pulled. I have 3 e30 so dumping engines fornspace and recoving some expense is all i really expect..that and i have been fortunate to deal with solid companies and people and i feel i send the favor forward

Comment

I have a 3gp file how can i get this on here? Its a start up of the engine in the red car

Comment

Working...
                              X