FS 1989 325is Coupe CA

1989 BMW 325is
    111,158 original miles
    Clean AZ Title
    Coupe
    Schwartz (Black) exterior
    Beige interior
    Manual

I am the third owner of this car and bought it from Missouri back in 2020 when it had 104k miles. It turned out it had a cracked head, so I replaced that along with the rest of the cooling system and some other parts listed below. It was my daily driver until I moved to San Diego, and now it's a garage queen. It is registered in AZ till next year because I rarely drive it now.

Everything mechanically and electronically works on this car. This car does have AC, and the heater works well. This originally used to be an automatic (after searching the VIN) and was converted by one of the prior owners. The interior is near mint except for the cracked dash and driver's seat wear. There is also no rust on this car.

Replaced during ownership:
    - Cylinder Head
    - Timing belt
    - Head gasket
    - Distributor cap and rotor
    - Spark plugs
    - Radiator
    - Coolant hoses
    - Thermostat
    - Rethreaded water pump/ new water pump
    - LCA
    - Radio (CM5908)

Comes with:
    - DSSR; I have it but never installed
    - Complete brake pad, rotors, and sensors; thought the brakes needed to be replaced due to the light, but it was a disconnected sensor.
    - OEM Radio and Amp; the radio has a loud screech when connected, so I swapped it out for a new unit.

Cons:
    - Was in a minor fender bender in the rear in a parking garage with the previous owner, the only way to tell us is the rear valence is slightly bent out of shape, but it still maintains a clean and clear title
    - Vacuum leak; but you can only tell at idle, runs excellent and was my daily driver in AZ
    - Cracked dash
    - Peeling paint on the front bumper; it was small before, but I had to keep the car outside while I moved to SD.
    - Some wear on the driver's seat from getting in and out

Located in San Diego, CA
    16k OBO
    Last edited by BB89; 02-17-2022, 08:53 PM. Reason: Dropped price

Wow, E30s are fetching this kinda money for less than stellar quality? Don't mean to hate but geez...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30 brick View Post
      Wow, E30s are fetching this kinda money for less than stellar quality? Don't mean to hate but geez...
      Yep, things are getting utterly insane nowadays. Hagerty insured my 91' 325i for $18,900. No pictures or questions asked. I think it increased my policy only about $250/year.
      sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
      1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
      1991 318is - Sold
      1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Originally posted by e30 brick View Post
        I see where you’re coming from. I based my price off of three reasons:
        1. I’ve seen a lot of high mileage (200k+) going for 10k around my area. ​​​​​​​
        2. Priced off of Hagarty’s valuation tool, which said higher than I was comfortable even asking for.
        3. I also priced it higher than what I’m really wanting for it so that low ball offers might be pushed into the range I’d like.
        ​​​​​​​I thought that interior was pretty clean and it’s as close to OEM as possible. It runs well and was my daily driver until I moved out to my current location. What would you say is a fair price?

Comment

Should probably take a few more pics. Close ups of the panels, VIN tags, More of the interior and engine bay. The damage you mentioned...

Also, will you get a CA smog done ? Im guessing it wont pass with the vacuum leak. A little more effort and you can get most of your asking price.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Should probably take a few more pics. Close ups of the panels, VIN tags, More of the interior and engine bay. The damage you mentioned...

Also, will you get a CA smog done ? Im guessing it wont pass with the vacuum leak. A little more effort and you can get most of your asking price.
            Thank you for the suggestions! I just got it smogged yesterday and it is ready to go and I've attached more photos of the damage, matching VIN's, smog report, and underbody shots. The asking price to around what I'd like to actually get.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sold!

Thanks r3v and 2mAn!

Comment

Working...
                        X