Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeler FS - Alpina B6 2.8 Shell

Hi,

I'm trying to determine what to do with my Alpina B6 2.8. I was thinking to restore it to original however I'm thinking I might put the effort into a e30 M3 I just picked up. The car currently has an S54 swap which I was going to put in my e30 M3 so I was trying to see what the shell would be worth if I went that route. The cars is straight, has ZERO rust and an cracked dash (like how). Its going to need some work but to the right buyer it will be worth it. This is a REAL Alpina and I was told the engine can be found and mated back to the car. Its just in another Alpina now. I know the car needs work however if completed you know how much they can be worth. I can get whatever pics you need to prove it is rust free.

Mods:
    Coilovers
    5 lugs conversation with e36 brakes
    Fuel Cell
    Z3 Axels
    E36 control arms
    Welded in cage
    sparco wheels
    lots of other things I'm missing

VIN WAPB628014B620035
    Located in Smyrna GA 30080
    Price - tentative 9k

Didnt this just sell on CnB?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Yes sir. To me

Comment

You got a hell of a deal on that.

Comment

Originally posted by navid41691 View Post
          You got a hell of a deal on that.
          that I did. I hoping someone in here knows where the og engine is and can reunite and refurbish this.

Comment

Originally posted by hooptie157 View Post

that I did. I hoping someone in here knows where the og engine is and can reunite and refurbish this.
            i know where the original engine is. i stare at it every day. if the right (ridiculous) offer came about, i'm sure the owner would sell. if not, then it's going in his '87 cabriolet this spring. either way...
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Alpina B6 2.8 I seen it person when it was a complete Alpina. If I remember the motor is in Oregon.
              Last edited by e30m3s54turbo; 11-11-2022, 11:22 AM.
              Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post

i know where the original engine is. i stare at it every day. if the right (ridiculous) offer came about, i'm sure the owner would sell. if not, then it's going in his '87 cabriolet this spring. either way...
                Pm me what the offer is because if mates back up the car is worth SERIOUS. Money.

Comment

it'll be in the (lower) five digits, for sure. send me an email if you're a player.

e30austin at gmail dot com
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

real curious what the story is here.
                    cars beep boop

Comment

Following..

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                        real curious what the story is here.
                        You want the whole story, or the abridged..

1985 - Car was grey market imported originally, privately owned..etc.
                        1986 - federalized (bumper reinforcement and all that crap)
                        1996 - owned by a Jack Baker
                        After this, it passed through Saliya of EuroMCars hands, by then, the car had been heavily stripped of original parts and modified. Partial list of what Saliya had done:

-converted to Motronic Fuel Injection
                        -custom duel exhaust
                        -added missing Alpina parts
                        -new style steering(?)
                        -Changed speedometer to Km but odometer is still in MPH
                        I have done the following things to update/Restore the car.
                        (1) New dash - $150.00
                        (2) New Analog Clock - $25.00
                        (3) New Alpina Original Euro Gauge cluster - $ 400.00
                        (4) New Exhaust System with Stainless Rear muffler - $800.
                        (5) New H1 Euro Headlights - $200.00
                        (6) New front Spoiler (Does have scratches) - $ 500.00
                        (7) New Coolant hoses, Coolant and Thermostat - $100.00
                        (8) New Split second Air/Fuel ratio meter - $150.00
                        (9) New Alpina/ Momo steering

He posted it for sale in 2003. Assume it sold

2004 - posted for sale in the Bay area by a Trevor
                        2005 - listed for sale by David Frankel
                        2006 - listed for sale again
                        2008 - listed on Atlanta CL. No Alpina stripes, Kopi wheels (Alpina wrong size clones) and more parts stripped.
                        2008 - purchased by Cary Cooper.
                        2009 - posted for sale by Cary.
                        2010 - Cary has Bimmerworld do the S54 swap and all the other "go fast" mods the shell currently sports. Almost everything Alpina was completely removed and put in a crate.
                        2012 - posted for sale completely modified. At this point, there's nothing Alpina about it but the vin number.
                        2014 - registered in Minnesota by new owner.
                        Car pretty much disappears until listed on Cars & Bids.

2017 - I bought everything James Clay had taken off the car, and source all the missing pieces (the full interior, the correct wheels, the correct spoilers, the extended range tank..etc) and put them in another shell.

Fast forward to now, the car is in pieces again and probably won't ever go back together since I've sold the engine off. Part of me wishes the original owner had totaled it after getting the S54 swap installed just so I can part everything out and not have to deal with 35 ever again..

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

So If I under stand correctly, the b6 does not have the alpina interior? Maybe just the steering wheel?
                            thanks, jm

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jm View Post
                              So If I under stand correctly, the b6 does not have the alpina interior? Maybe just the steering wheel?
                              thanks, jm
                              That steering wheel ain't even correct. To take stock of what on that shell is original to #35: is the Gauge cluster, the VIN Tag, the center console plaque and maybe the glass. Everything else has been added after market. Again, it will take 30-50K to make this somewhat resemble how it looked originally, and then what? It's worth maybe 60K on a really good day.

Don't look at that one from Texas that sold recently as any kind of indication of the market for these, that was a fully documented, single owner, low mile, all original example. I had heard rumors of it's existence, but hadn't seen anything other that one or two blurry photos of it.

Not trying to be a d*ck, but I also don't want to field messages from now until eternity trying to buy the original stuff for this car, like the Soprano's, it's over. Buy it as a caged track car and install a better motor in it.
                              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Working...
                              X