1991 325iX 5 Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 325iX 5 Speed

Guys it's time for me to part ways with my 325iX. I've tried to represent the car as best I can. Asking $8,000 located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.

Craiglist ad: https://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto...583346527.html

This car was purchased in 2009 in Denver and has been in Colorado under my ownership ever since. I have the original owners manual with a couple of records dating back to the year 2000. The car was in the Virginia area for its first 100k miles before coming to the Evergreen/Conifer area by 2006. The car was my primary vehicle for close to a decade but has since been relegated to occasional and weekend duties. As a 32 year old vehicle, it now qualifies to be registered in Colorado as a Collector Vehicle. With regular maintenance on the AWD system and regular timing belt changes, the M20 is one of the most reliable engines BMW ever produced. This car has not had problems in winter conditions and is even better on snow tires! It has been featured as the car in the promotional photo on the BMW CCA annual ice event at Georgetown Lake (Which it has attended multiple times. The car can be seen at the 3:40 mark of this 2014 video: https://vimeo.com/84650012?embedded=...title&owner=50 55307 ) This car is not perfect and its flaws are evident, but from a distance really looks sharp when it is clean. The engine runs strong and the driveline is in good condition. This is a good running car that could use a few things to make it a daily driver again. Clearcoat is disappearing on the front fenders and the hood, but the fenders have been that way and have not changed much in the past decade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00m0m_1WKu1dVUGW3_0CI0pO_1200x900.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	10083364

Click image for larger version

Name:	00I0I_hTN6za1kEWz_0CI0pO_1200x900.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	10083365

VIN Decode
    Prod. Date 1990-10-10
    Engine: M20B25 2.5-Liter Inline 6-Cylinder Engine
    Transmission: 5-Speed Manual Gearbox
    Exterior color: Alpine White II
    Interior: 'Natur' Tan Leatherette

Options:
    -S401 Lift-up-and-slide-back sunroof, electric
    -S410 Window lifts, electric, front
    -S464 Ski bag
    -S494 Seat heating driver/passenger
    -S675 Sound system
    -S530 Air conditioning
    -S540 Cruise control
    -S556 Outdoor temperature indicator
    -S242 Steering wheel airbag

Additional Features
    -Map Light Mirror
    -Heated Coupe Sport Seats
    -German Check Panel (everything works correctly)
    -Bilstein HD (325iX specific) Shocks
    -Polyurethane Front Swaybar Bushings
    -4.10:1 front/rear differentials from an automatic 325iX
    -Short Shift lever
    -Lightened Flywheel
    -Good Condition and Working Transfer Case/All Wheel Drive System
    -Keyless Entry
    -ECU performance chip
    -Second overhead trunk dome light
    -Kenwood headunit with Aux input

Recent Maintenance (at or since 295k miles)
    -Engine Replaced from a wrecked automatic 325iX that had 179k miles
    -New Timing Belt (295k miles)
    -New sachs clutch disc and pressure plate
    -Replaced clutch slave cylinder
    -Flywheel resurfaced and lightened
    -Intake Manifold Gaskets Replaced
    -Spark Plug Replaced
    -Water Pump Replaced
    -Thermostat Replaced
    -Replaced Passenger side front CV-axle boot
    -Replaced Alternator Voltage Regulator
    -Distributor Cap and Rotor Replaced
    -Stock height front spring reinstalled
    -Shifter bushings replaced
    -Serviced differentials, transfer case and transmission fluids
    -Brakes bled with DOT 4 Typ 200 high performance fluid
    -Replaced both sealed beam low beam headlights
    -Replaced radiator

Problems
    -Battery Tray rust (Common e30 issue, will eventually need addressed)
    -Ski Pass through clip is broken (I leave it in the 'up' position in the trunk, it is magnetically attached to trunk shelf lid)
    -One fog light not working (Haven't investigated, burnt bulb I believe)
    -Power Steering Leak (Might just be a bad worm clamp)
    -Heater sticks (blows warm even when set to cold, heater valve needs replaced)
    -Air Conditioning doesn't work (R32 system will need replaced to R134a, I never used it)
    -Right front strut has something loose (haven't investigated, occasional vibration on the highway)
    -Driver seat heater doesn't seem to work on the low setting
    -Windshield Cowl was rusted out and professionally replaced in 2015 at which time the windshield was replaced. Firewall dash VIN does not match rest of car. Small rust split in the paint at the passenger windshield corner.
    -Car was in a fender bender where the rear bumper was pushed in. Insurance declared it a total loss in 2018 due to the high miles. I kept the car, removed the bumper bolt and replaced some plastic trim. There is a small dent and the battery tray is pushed in 1/2". The right side rear bumper mount is not connected anymore I did not submit paperwork for a a salvage title, the title is still clean and in my name.
    -ABS stopped working after the engine swap. The front ABS sensors were disconnected so those are likely the issue. I have not investigated further. ABS light is on
    -brake pad wear light is illuminated on the dash, the pad wear sensor is missing
    -some water leaks into the driver footwell so the carpet is wet after a hard rain or melted snow. I have never looked under the carpet but it has been that way during my ownership
    -glove box handle is broken, but it turns out that is actually an anti-theft feature
    - tach and temp gauge sometime work intermittently. odometer doesn't always work when it is cold outside
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

based on the cl ad, I assume this ix is sold?
    thanks, jm

Comment

sold this past weekend
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
      X