Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1991 BMW 318i street, autocross and short track ready Southern California.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 BMW 318i street, autocross and short track ready Southern California.

SOLD , SOLD SOLD. going to a great guy who will use t on track. $12750.00 or OBO

It is to part ways with my track prepped car. I just don't have time to get to the track or AX. I bought this car in San Francisco two and a half years ago and I have changed, upgraded and made it CA street legal so I could drive it to the track. Its really never been used properly by me. I have a 1990 325i street car that's getting all my driving attention.

Craigslist add link: https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...694568809.html

Happy to answer any questions. I will ship at the buyers time and expense. No trades, cash sale Clean title.
    Last edited by OSAH racing; 04-09-2024, 04:02 AM.

Stripped out and gutted doors, but left all the tar and dynamat? What was the logic on that?

Comment

Good question and I can see how getting this car its ultra lowest weight would benefit it but My intentions were to drive it around on the street and drive it to the track. No Trailering, Without that material ( it added a whopping 4 pounds ) the road noise on the freeway was unbearable.

The Idea here for me was to go have fun with this car at the track. Not to win TTOD. I don't have enough time to invest in becoming a race car driver. At my age its a benefit to be realistic. Using the BMW M42 cylinder engine isn't a popular engine choice but I added up all my desires to have a good time at Autocross Localy with the PCA and some short tracks like Streets of Willow. At 139 HP its not fast compared to anything modern in a straight line.Its down right fun ripping through a corner. Its a great platform if you love BMW's and don't want spend serious money on a track day car.

Comment

Easily passes CA SMOG?
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I agree I ran my 318is and had a blast at Autox, several good drivers with faster cars had a lot of fun and smiles driving my car on fun runs

Comment

Easily passes CA SMOG?

I expect it too again when it sells and I will have a shop provide the cert. "I don't have a guy" the smog cert will be legitimate. A few years ago when I purchased this sedan it had M50 with M3 Cam's and South Dakota plates. Unfortunately for me 900 miles later An oil change and oil analysis showed excessive ring wear. I decided that I needed to clear up registration and its reliability at the same time after contenplating K swap, S52 spec motor, S14 2.5 or a N20. The initial swap was done at Pro BMW independent using a 1991 318 that Jack had purchased ( he swaps the M42's into 2002's regularly ). My request was to make it stock and smog legal so I can have California plates. Jack reused the stock exhaust manifold, stock down pipe, a CA approved MAanaflow catalytic converter, and the resonator and muffler I am not sure of but has no bearing on smog legitimacy. The charcoal canister is in place, no chip, stock TPS, CPS, air flow meter ECT. The resonator, muffler and air filter are Items you can modify. For Me I wanted to not have to be on the lookout while street driving. that's such a pain in the !

An interesting side note to anyone in California driving a modified car on the street things will be changing next year ( not my words but ask you should ask who ever runs the shop you get your modifing done with). Because the local police , if your pulled over will be looking for modified cars and requiring a state referee inspect the car for compliance. This car's motor and exhaust system is in compliance. The bolt in cage and seat belts are not. Those stock items can be swaped back in since the interior metal connectors were not cut up during the removal. I don't have the interior other than the seat belts.

Comment

The lightweight 318 is sold. look for it and its new owner at the California tracks.

Comment

Working...
              X