Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS/FT: super clean 1991 E30 M52/S52 cams, OBD1, E46 M3 6MT, lots more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It shouldn't have lasted that long at that price. Probably the cleanest swap I've seen.

Comment

Did the sale go through?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by madformx5 View Post
        Did the sale go through?
        Sorry for the lack of updates. The (potential) buyer's bank made us both jump through some hoops, and it delayed the sale a week. It's supposed to be this weekend - I'll post if anything happens.

E30 24V 6MT SOLD :( - look for it in sunny Miami :)

Comment

Best laid plan of mice and men...

Hello all,

The short version: The car is once again available for sale.

The long version: Over the span of a month, a serious potential buyer from out of state had my E30 independently inspected and driven (passed with flying colors), and we shared many phone calls, PMs and emails. We jumped through hoops with his bank to get financing, and he flew in this weekend to see the car in person. I picked him up from the airport and he proceeded to drive the car, inspect it top to bottom, and discuss it at length. He drove the car on all kinds of roads - highway, city boulevards, curvy two lane blacktop, smooth pavement, rough pavement, through roundabouts, etc. Over the span of 6 (six!) hours, he drove it both slow and fast, inspected it, drove it some more, talked about it with me throughout, and then drove it yet again, all in an effort to make the right decision. Ultimately, it looks to me like it came down to a comparison between my car and an E39 M5 - and the M5 won. He needs the fat, lazy torque of a V8 that you don't have to rev at all. The buyer told me that if he was to buy an E30, this would undoubtedly be the one - but thinks an E30 is not for him. I agreed, and we parted amicably. Overall, a positive experience for us both I suppose, because we both learned something and it's always fun to show a performance BMW to an enthusiast.

If you're one of the people who asked me privately to let you know if the sale did not go through, you can expect a PM or email from me shortly. If I miss you somehow, try again!

Comment

I can't believe I missed this until now, what an AMAZING car man.

Congrats on the announcement of the 2nd on the way, too bad you have decided to sell this. Make sure she goes to a very diligent and responsible owner such as yourself.

If your ad was any indication of the care and attention that went into this build then whoever buys this 1 of a kind car will be very happy.

Cheers!
            sigpic
            Evolution of My E30 M3Recent PicsSC*AR

Comment

I hate this thread for making me want to buy this car.

Juuuust when you think you're over E30's...

Comment

Is the car still for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by mpthomps View Post
                  Is the car still for sale?

Comment

Point taken. Have the aforementioned issues been fixed? Seat springs, passenger window motor/switch, false positives on check panels, etc? I may be very interested.

Comment

Originally posted by mpthomps View Post
                      Point taken. Have the aforementioned issues been fixed? Seat springs, passenger window motor/switch, false positives on check panels, etc? I may be very interested.
                      Window: not yet. I keep trying to make time for this but I've been very busy. It is only one window, the driver's side rear. Best case: just the switch. Worst case: regulator. Either way, a reasonable cost to fix, and accounted for in my asking price.

Seat springs: no. I don't plan to fix before sale as there are a number of interested parties who want it regardless, and I'm willing to part with the comfort seats as part of a package deal that have perfect seat shocks (besides, seat shocks are cheap at around $28 each new/OEM I think).

False positives fixed except for lights/rear that could be due to incorrect bulb types or wattages but is more likely a failed rear check relay. I have sourced a replacement that goes with the car. I might get to this too since it's plug & play.

BTW, a it's been quite warm out lately so people have asked: Yes, the air conditioning is absolutely ice cold! I drove the car to work today and sat in traffic on the way home with it on (wearing business clothes) and was unable to handle full cold setting on #2 fan position - I had to turn up the temp.

Comment

Originally posted by m3_eater View Post
                        Sorry for the lack of updates. The (potential) buyer's bank made us both jump through some hoops, and it delayed the sale a week. It's supposed to be this weekend - I'll post if anything happens.
                        FYI. At todays economy. It would be hard to find a bank that would finance older cars.

Comment

how would this line up against my e46 m3 power/handling wise?? if i can find a buyer for it id love to pick this car up.

Comment

Car is sold

SOLD today to an enthusiast. I hope to see him become a regular on R3V, as he has plans to pick up where I left off with the car.

I hope everyone makes him feel as welcome here as I have (yep, even Blunt)!

Comment

Good luck Ramm!

Comment

A few videos

I finally got around to pulling a few videos off my camera that I had not got around to when selling the car. I meant to, but never had time. Anyway, here they are for posterity. I know, I know - the car is sold - but I didn't know where else to put them, and this seemed as good a place as any. Enjoy! Click through to see HQ versions on YouTube - for some reason the button isn't working on the embedded versions here.

Vid #1: E30 M52 6MT Easy Drive
                                Just an example of daily-driving an E30 M52 on two-lane blacktop. Notice how low the revs are in 6th gear (doesn't happen until 1:06)!

Vid #2: E30 M52 6MT 2nd and 3rd Gear Acceleration
                                Just a nice spirited 2nd and 3rd gear pull. Short-shifted 2nd by 500RPM and 3rd by about 1500RPM - no need to push past 7/10ths or so on public roads ;)

Vid #3: Zero to 80 Acceleration
                                Just normal acceleration from a traffic light. Regular clutch takeup - no extra revs at launch. No speedshifting either. Leave the clutch and synchro abuse to the street racers!
                                Last edited by m3_eater; 07-13-2009, 09:55 AM. Reason: Tried to get HQ to work...

Comment

Working...
                                X