Feeler: '89 M3 Project Car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeler: '89 M3 Project Car...

I am posting this car for my friend and will be adding more details as I get them, but I will try to explain as much as possible. The car was to undergo a full rebuild but an opportunity to purchase a home has come up and he already has 3 other cars. Here goes...

The car is recently registered and located in Southern California, smog no problem, clear title & pink slip in hand. Relatively low miles... 104,145 I believe, will verify.

The head is removed and all parts for reassembly are included. As you can see the bottom end components are relatively new as the car has been sitting for years awaiting reassembly.

The Good:
    New H&R Race Springs w/ Koni Adjustable Shocks 0 miles, just installed.
    New FPR
    New Injectors
    New Cap & Rotor
    New Plugs
    Recently installed bottom-end internals, pistons, rails, bearings etc.

The Bad:
    The last rebuilder used a lot of Permatex orange silicone, poor attempt at a rebuild.
    Die hards will want an OEM repaint originally Zinno now DS...
    Dings in B-pillar where someone tried to break-in.
    Usual cracks in the dash and spoiler paint.
    Previous owner cut holes in the door panels for speakers.
    Needs radio and speakers.

Pics:

OEM BBS wheels, OEM Recaro seats & OEM MAF are included.
    *(ACS Wheels and Race seats pictured are now sold)

Asking $6995. O.B.O.
    Rich!

Better pics! How rough is the interior? What's the carfax history on the car?
    The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

Carfax is clean. It is a project car, body is straight no signs of accidents or invasive rust. Driver's seat bolster has split, but still in good condition. The passenger seat is very good. Overall I'd rate the interior 7/10 as the wear is common for an e30 of 20+ years old. It just needs some TLC, steam the carpet, replace the dash, condition the leather and voilĂ . The price is fair for the market value of what the buyer will get. The car is presentable as a daily driver once the motor is reassembled. It is not a showcar as is, but the new suspension upgrade will make it a blast to drive.
      Rich!

Comment

Do you mind if I want it to ship to Newyork?

Comment

Shipping is at your discretion. When you make the transfer, you can have the shipping co. contact me for a time & date.
          Rich!

Comment

Can I see more pics of interior?

Thanks

Comment

Damnit I need more money.

That's an awesome price.

Comment

Originally posted by like7272 View Post
                Can I see more pics of interior?

Thanks

yes some more detailed pics would be nice?

Comment

Where in So Cal are you?
                  I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

I'll give you a bump but your ad needs more info. S14 helps to have compression numbers and leakdown numbers. Chassis VIN would be helpful and is that a respray?
                    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Correction: The car is actually 1990, and has Aluminum control arms. I will post the VIN so those interested can run a CarFax etc.
                      I will try to get additional pics, although I don't know what else there is to show... No promises.
                      Local sale is preferred (PM me for details), car is located in Irvine, CA.

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                      I'll give you a bump but your ad needs more info. S14 helps to have compression numbers and leakdown numbers. Chassis VIN would be helpful and is that a respray?
                      Dude, did you read the post? The motor is disassembled as you can see, so please explain how you'd get compression/leakdown numbers with the head in the trunk... Hence the project car feeler post...
                      I also stated the original color was Zinno and the PO painted it DS, and die-hards would probably want repaint it back to OEM hence the lower price for these factors.

PLEASE READ THE INITIAL POST in it's entirety, I'm trying to describe the car as accurately as possible, sorry for any confusion.
                      Rich!

Comment

Wow, talk about having an e30 M3 you wouldn't mind actually daily driving. At that price it would be an awesome source of transportation! Wish I had the money! GLWS!
                        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Originally posted by ///schwartzman View Post
                          Correction: The car is actually 1990, and has Aluminum control arms. I will post the VIN so those interested can run a CarFax etc.
                          I will try to get additional pics, although I don't know what else there is to show... No promises.
                          Local sale is preferred (PM me for details), car is located in Irvine, CA.

Dude, did you read the post? The motor is disassembled as you can see, so please explain how you'd get compression/leakdown numbers with the head in the trunk... Hence the project car feeler post...
                          I also stated the original color was Zinno and the PO painted it DS, and die-hards would probably want repaint it back to OEM hence the lower price for these factors.

PLEASE READ THE INITIAL POST in it's entirety, I'm trying to describe the car as accurately as possible, sorry for any confusion.
                          Did read the post, but saw the photos of it assembled and was thinking it was back together.

About the color I missed that plain and simple.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

PM'd

Local and interested in checking out the car in person and discussing further.

Would be interested with cash in hand for right price pending inspection, etc...

:D
                            Mtech2 Vert Project in Effect!
                            Priapism Racing e30 (Evil Knievel/Golden Girls/Friday (420)/Darth Vader still going...

Comment

Did this sell?

Comment

Working...
                              X