1989 325ix 4dr/5sp $1000 PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 325ix 4dr/5sp $1000 PA

My mom is selling her winter beater. '89 325ix. 227K on the clock. Rusty, but it passed inspection last year, and there's nothing new to keep it from passing this year. Has new t-belt, waterpump and headgasket. Head is a 30K mile factory rebuild. No noises or problems from the AWD system, passed the jack test last time I checked it, but that was a while ago. Interior is pretty decent, working stock radio, comfort seats in good shape, dash is crack free.

Basically a true beater or a great parts car for doing a 5 speed swap on your iX. 15" 'weaves, good condition m20b25 head, and ellipsoids are at least half of the asking price, so you could buy this thing drive it home, have a complete donor car for the swap so you don't have to hunt down every bit, part the rest out and start shifting your own gears for very little cash.

Pics are here:

Also have 60K mile '89 325ix 4 door auto that has some seriously rusty rockers.

Pictures of the rust and some more details please. any small issues like electrical issues or leaks would be cool. as long as I don't find it anything terrible, I'll probably pick her up. Cruise control work btw? havent had an e30 that still has that working ever.
    Mtclark90@aim.com
    I'm in 19047, have off Friday, and will put a deposit on it if you'd like.
    Oh and if you could please redo the jack test. This is a winter beater (no e30 is a true beater to me though); awd is a must.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by Unearth078; 06-28-2010, 09:32 PM. Reason: wanted to apologize for the original post... posted it from a phone with no grammar check and forgot all about punctuation ap
    Originally posted by Lof8
    4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
    therefore, their value is much greater.
    Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

Dumb question (with an answer that is probably known to everyone but me), but how easily would the drivetrain swap into a clean chassis/body?
      Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

you'd have to swap everything over. the ix suspension is slightly different afaik. the control arms or something along those lines. the half shafts are different lengths. i dont know much about ixs, but i know you just cant take an ix transmission and put it in a 2wd.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
          you'd have to swap everything over. the ix suspension is slightly different afaik. the control arms or something along those lines. the half shafts are different lengths. i dont know much about ixs, but i know you just cant take an ix transmission and put it in a 2wd.

... it doesnt work. everything is different, the tranny needs more clearance. Nothing will work.

Comment

Ix strut towers are almost vertical and non ix's are set at like 45degree angel

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Working...
              X