FS/FT 84 325e M50 CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS/FT 84 325e M50 CA

Picked up an 84 325e a few months back, then a motor/trans from another r3v member in San Diego.

~70k miles on the motor, bought all new mounts, new hardware, gaskets, seals and bushings. Finished the swap and drove the car around for a little over a week and it went to hell http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=179292Cliff notes: Cranking it over made a single loud crack/pop sound and started running like crap, still runs/idles but something's wrong.

I'll get compression numbers this week, the car now barely runs, lopey sounding, no metal on metal, or grinding or crunching, was able to drive it from garage to parking space about 50ft. When the car was driving the whole drivetrain felt great, it was smooth and the motor pulled strong. The tie rods needed to be replaced, was going to do this with the steering rack. The control arms are likely shot as well. There's small spots of rust, nothing rusted through, all can be repaired.

M50
    G250
    Silver label
    Rebuilt Driveshaft
    New CB
    3.73 LSD w/ new bushing
    New trans mounts
    New motor mounts
    E34 Oil Pan
    Welded OPN
    New H2O pump
    New 88c Tstat/Housing
    New spark plugs NGK

Not installed:
    Minty Dash
    E36 M3 Steering Rack

I currently have about $1800 total invested, so I'm looking for $1k obo, trade for something interesting (DSLR, MTB, make me an offer)

Last edited by MSFIT; 09-08-2010, 03:13 PM.

up up ttt

Comment

Working...
    X