'89 M3 rolling chassis for sale 123,218 miles *Back up for sale!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'89 M3 rolling chassis for sale 123,218 miles *Back up for sale!*

I have an '89 M3 rolling shell that I am selling, located in Pittsburgh. It is a DS car with 123,218 miles on it - the body is VERY straight, paint is good for a car of its age, and the frame is straight. Rust is minimal, a little bit bubbling on the sunroof panel, & around the license plate lights, very little elsewhere other than the exhaust heat shielding (which is almost unavoidable thanks to the heat, but also more easily fixed than say, a quarter panel, heh). It was in a front end collision at some point in its life, but was nicely repaired with DOT-R fenders. It seems to me whoever repaired it did a very good job, as it looks straight, drives great, and gives good numbers on the alignment rack. I have the clean Virginia title in my name & in hand (I moved up here to Pittsburgh from VA last summer and never had this car registered here in PA). The car was issued a rebuilt title in IL because of the accident, but it re-appeared in the late 90's/early 2000's in Minnesota with a clean title...not sure why/how they did this (I was not aware of this when I bought the car from a little-known forum member, and am now paying the price ).

It comes with nearly everything save for the front sway bar, instrument cluster, brake booster/MC, front swaybar, exhaust, aux fan, and headlights (and engine & tranny/related bits...obviously). The front subframe has been clearance'd to fit euro 3.2 headers, if this is an issue, I am happy to find a replacement and include it in the deal. It will come with everything else, to include:

Drivetrain:
    -Custom shortened driveshaft (for euro 6-speed) w/ new center support bearing
    -Bosch 044 in-line fuel pump
    -New guibo/d-shaft nose bushing included but not installed (current one on car is bad)
    -3.46 LSD rear end out of an e32(?) or other large bodied '80's BMW with fresh fluid

Brakes:
    -Brakes flushed with ATE super blue fluid
    -Hawk HPS Street pads front and rear replaced about 7k miles ago

Suspension: (all parts replaced appx. 9k miles ago except as noted)
    -H&R race springs
    -Bilstein Sport shocks
    -Turner lifetime guarantee rear shock mounts
    -New Lemfoerder front control arms
    -Treehouse Racing control arm bushings (appx. 4k miles ago)
    -New tie rod assemblies right and left (appx. 5k miles ago)
    -New front strut mounts 3 weeks ago
    -17x8 ASA AR1 wheels w/ BMW roundel centercaps
    -Bridgestone RE-01R tires 235/40/17 tons of life left
    -In case it isn't obvious, all the original 5-lug suspension components are still on the car & included with sale - I notice many chassis are sold with 4-lugs

Body/Interior:
    -Genuine BMW Evo 2 front lip
    -All original panels except front fenders which are DOT-R
    -Alpine CDA-105 head unit
    -E46 ZHP 6-speed shift knob
    -Great condition knee bolster included but not installed

Paint is in good shape for its age, but has its share of chips and dings, but nothing abnormal for the age. It used to have a pin stripe down both sides, it had been taken off the front fenders & doors when I bought it, and left a "shadow/mark" so to speak. It is still on the quarters as I do not have the skills to mess with this sort of stuff. It is a very solid car for its age, but in the interest of full disclosure, it is NOT a garage queen, just a good solid runner. The interior is in similar shape, typical wear for a cared for but un-restored 22 y/o car. No rips anywhere in the interior save for a 1" strip on the top of the rear seat where the seam is beginning to split. The front seats are finicky with their adjustments as many original e30 sport seats seem to be, but can be adjusted throughout their entire range and can hold any position. I'd like to hold on to the seats, but they can be included with the deal if so desired.

Please note that the body harness has NOT been hacked!

It really won't need much at all to get back on the road. The suspension setup on this car is awesome, it is so solid, even on this god-awful southwest PA road system it is really well planted. I am just selling because I have another project e30 plus a '92 911, and just need to focus on 2 cars instead of 3. It breaks my heart to let it go, seriously, it does, but, there will be another in my future.

This is one of the most complete rollers you'll find around, from the searching I've done. The engine is still currently in the car. The car will be available for pick-up in Pittsburgh as of Friday, May 6, I do not have time to pull the engine before next week as I am a US Marine reservist and this is my duty weekend coming up.

$5500 without seats
    $6000 with F+R seats

These prices are where she sits in Pittsburgh. I may be able to deliver it within reasonable distance (eastern seaboard/close mid-west - must be 10ish hour one-way drive from Pittsburgh or closer) for price of gas + cheap lodging if needed + trailer rental from u-haul. I think I'm about in line with my prices, seeing how stripped down most of the shells I've seen for sale are.

Thanks!

Chase

**All pics were taken yesterday/today and 100% accurately represent the current condition of the car...also note that the car is kept in the open garage behind it, not out in the parking lot**

Last edited by ChaseN; 05-10-2011, 07:50 PM.
    1991 318iS
    1992 911
    2006 330i 6-Spd ZSP people hauler

Gone:
    1989 M3 S50B32, 6-Spd
    1990 325ix 5-Spd

Tempting...but having spare 6K is not in budget as house is eating it.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

man perfect for a swap since its slightly tainted history kinda kills its value ...

awesome price man glws!

Comment

If my GTi sells we'll be in touch. I would love to throw a S50 in there.
        Porsche 911

Comment

I give it a week. Great color combo, solid car, good seller. Done.
          sigpic
          New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
          %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Oooohhhh. Do want.
            1993 Laguna M50 "Helen"
            1987 M20 325i "Ron Burgundy"
            1987 M20 325e "Billy"

"He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling." - Clarkson

Comment

Probably one of the most honest members on this forum...Great Guy to deal with.

Comment

Guys, car appears to be sold. Got paypal deposit in my account. Thanks so much for the positive comments & interest!
                1991 318iS
                1992 911
                2006 330i 6-Spd ZSP people hauler

Gone:
                1989 M3 S50B32, 6-Spd
                1990 325ix 5-Spd

Comment

you have a PM.
                  cheers
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

damn, if this was on my side of the coast I think I would have jumped on this deal in a quickness.

P.S. Some shady people or even dealers will sometimes register a salvaged or tainted title vehicle in a state on county that has no requirements to disclose such information and "wash" the title.

Comment

duuude....
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Wow that was quick. By the time I have money to dump on an e30m3 shell they'll be 10k damnit.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

sold to me :up:

cheers!
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Troy: Good Work!! (what I mean is that you are one lucky *&$%...ha ha ha)
                            1997 328i - SOLD
                            1991 325is - SOLD
                            2002 325i - SOLD :(

Currently:
                            1991 318is
                            2011 328i xDrive
                            2017 Highlander - Toy Hauler

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Martin C. View Post
                              Troy: Good Work!! (what I mean is that you are one lucky *&$%...ha ha ha)

lol thanks M8
                              cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X