WTB: E30 M3 Shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: E30 M3 Shell

I'm looking for a E30 M3 rolling chassis, my price range is about 5k, but willing to go up to 7.5k if its something special. I don't car about the color, because I'm looking to change the color anyways. I would like very minimal rust, but I know I can't be to picky. I don't care where the car is located. I would like to have the car by winters end. I'm not planning to build a race car, this is for a long term project car. If you could please help in anyway that would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by stonea; 09-10-2012, 01:49 PM. Reason: Price change and re-wording
    My Garage
    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

e30m3 for 2k?

good luck.

Comment

I've seen a couple already for that price, not saying they were pretty, but they had what I need, just to far away.
      My Garage
      Feedback

Comment

I think you'll need closer to 4 or 5k just for a rusty one.... that's beat to hell... and doesn't roll... and may or may not have a salvage title.

Comment

the 5 lug alone is worth around $1,500 lol

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I have 6k in the budget, but most of thats for engine and suspension and brakes. So if this is really unrealistic let me know and i'll look for something else.
            My Garage
            Feedback

Comment

Also what should my budget be for a DD project?
              My Garage
              Feedback

Comment

This is what I was looking at when I made my price decision.
                My Garage
                Feedback

Comment

In all honesty the e30 m3 is not the way to look if you only have 6k. The first link you showed is being sold with only a bill of sale... I'm pretty sure you could never get that on the street. I dont work for the dmv, but maybe depending on the state you might be able to after going to hell and back. The 2nd link you posted has no suspension, is salvaged... and once again has no title and as he said, "I'm currently working with the CSP to obtain a title, but it has been a frustrating experience so far."

Comment

Get a late model e30 318is or 325is (with sport seats and a few extras) roller or not and swap an s50/s52 into it.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I was looking at the regular E30's but I'm not the type of the person who lets go of a car once they own it so i was really hoping I could find a E30 M3 to start a project on, because thats my dream car. If I did go up to 4k for a shell, and had a full Z3 parts car would that cut down on the total cost? I know the Z3 is based off the E36 and E30. I have the complete drivetrain and the rear of the car is perfectly fine. Also my friend does body work, paints and welds, and would only charge me for materials, and finally I know a BMW certified mechanic who can get me new BMW parts cheaper than going to the dealer. My dad also owns a garage lift so him and me would do all the work. All I need is for the car to be drivable by august of next year so my budget could increase by then. I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'm not ready to give up on this yet. Really as long as its legal to drive by next august I would be happy.
                      My Garage
                      Feedback

Comment

maybe this would work: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...highlight=roof

Comment

These cars would need6k+ just in parts and resto BEFORE you even get to drive train...

Comment

I'm no mogul for these cars so I have no idea what's interchangeable on the z3/e30, but I have a gut feeling its going to be different than what's going on with the e30 m3. I don't want to shoot down your hopes, but what are you going to do with the shell when you get it? The e30 m3 is a highly sought after car... Parts are going to be hard to find and/or expensive. You shouldn't just throw any parts at it as the car calls for a high standard. In the end, if you did in fact do that- then all you would accomplish by doing so is creating something that anyone with an ordinary e30 could do except with an M3 title. Fenders, bumpers, suspension, wheels trim pieces, interior bits, grilles, lights, seats, electronics, nuts & bolts... they all add up and fast. It'll cost thousands to restore a regular e30 from a bare shell. Multiply that a 3-4 times and that's what you're looking at cost wise. It always seems easy until you're staring the project in the face and have to actually ask these people to work on your car for you. How good of friends are you with these people? Plus the hundred little problems that you'll come across while working on it. It's never as simple as it seems especially when you have to depend on other people. These people always say that they want to help, until you actually ask for it. Then you'll eventually at some point feel like a PITA, well at least I would, if you have to constantly keep asking for help. I feel annoying calling my own father with questions while I'm working on my cars. That's just me though. Be a dick... you'll probably get further in life.;)

Comment

Also all the nice project cars that I've seen take a LONG time to complete. Sometimes years on top of years of work. Not only do you have a budget you have a time frame and no DD?

Comment

Working...
                              X