Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extremely clean 89 E30 Turbo! 470hp! Maryland! Featured in Performance BMW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike I hear what your saying . But i think some of the other guys got it right by saying to not trust anyone and to be very cautious. This is my fault too....I shouldve known better. In fact ill just leave you with what seller told me " I drove the car from my house to the tow truck guy the car didnt have any issues" he just kept saying that . I told him about the missing and sputtering he would repeat it " I drove it from my house to the tow truck guy I had no issues" I told him about the overheating he repeat "I drove it from my house to the tow truck guy I didnt have any issues".....just please use your gut instinct and tell me what feeling you get hearing that. It just upsets me how blatant it was.
    sigpic

Comment

Good luck to you man, it really sucks reading stuff like this. I know in the end the car will be sorted and you'll be wearing the biggest turbo spool grin ever!

Comment

Hey thanks Graveshaker Im gonna see it through and it will all work out in the end. I am rebuilding another car but going to put this one in the front of the line and finish it up first.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm with you all the way, don't get me wrong. edit: I was just describing the last ditch hope of hearing from the guy. But you are right on all counts.
          Last edited by MikeW; 11-26-2013, 06:02 PM.
          work in progress

Comment

Fwiw I almost bought a "rust free" car from a well known board member sight unseen but decided to go up and see it. I found a fist sized hole in the right front floor. Point is I was out the money for the trip up and back bit it was less of a loss. With these cars bringing more than 2k these days it's really important to spend the money on a ppi at the very least.
            sigpic

Comment

Dont get wrong mike I realize the slim possibilities. I just aint gonna give this guy the benefit of the doubt the last time I did it cost me. Believe me im a trusting person and always operate in good faith as this situation proves I am. If he wouldve sent the folder with receipts in the car or magazine as he said he would.. I wouldve thought maybe those slim possibilities existed.
              sigpic

Comment

Its beautiful anymore photos of the engine bay or link to a build thread?

Really would love to read up on this!

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by DIIRTY-30 View Post
                  Its beautiful anymore photos of the engine bay or link to a build thread?

Really would love to read up on this!
                  have you read the thread?

Comment

Did you get the head off? What did it look like?
                    work in progress

Comment

Gonna work on it after Thanksgiving. Weather here has been horrible.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have just been skimming and the situation sucks.... I would have it retuned after you do the gasket. My turbo never had any issues on stock internals, stock headgasket and arp head studs. I did spend the money and have it tuned. It is still going strong in a members drift car now and he beats the crap out of the thing.

A tune is everything

Comment

I hate to barge in here, but where is the seller?? A BMW Tech for 10 years and he doesnt come back to defend himself, very weird...15k for a salvage e30 is ridiculus and theres no way many of us would pay that much even if it was turbo etc. Obv the unfortunate thing does come down on the buyer, you bought the car sight unseen and as much as it sucks, theres nothing you can really do at this point...

However fuck this guy, atleast come back and explain that when you last drove it, everything ran smoothly and engine temp was normal etc.

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                          Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
                            I hate to barge in here, but where is the seller?? A BMW Tech for 10 years and he doesnt come back to defend himself, very weird...15k for a salvage e30 is ridiculus and theres no way many of us would pay that much even if it was turbo etc. Obv the unfortunate thing does come down on the buyer, you bought the car sight unseen and as much as it sucks, theres nothing you can really do at this point...

However fuck this guy, atleast come back and explain that when you last drove it, everything ran smoothly and engine temp was normal etc.
                            FOR REAL :popcorn:

Comment

Yeah, it would be nice so I can ask him why he didnt specify or tell me it didnt have a exhaust... .just a freaking downpipe. I'd also ask for the receipts and magazine he said he would send with the car. Believe me I try not to think of this BS ...he also told me it had a 3.11 lsd. Which I wont believe till I see it either.
                              sigpic

Comment

Keep your head up bro! You seem like a good dude! it will work out for you no doubt.
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                                IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Working...
                                X