1987 325is - North Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 325is - North Georgia

Well after 8 years of ownership it is time to find a new home for my E30. I am also selling a project IX that will be in a separate Ad. Since my ownership I have put less than 2000 miles on the car. It has been a labor of love to bring this car back from tired condition but I just don’t use the car.

Here are the stats:
    Original Schwarz paint which appears to be original with no major body work identified. There is one dent in the front fender corner near the headlight (a replacement Schwarz fender is included) There is no rust anywhere. Minor body dings in most panels. All VIN tags match. A good front IS spoiler was sourced with new mounting hardware (hard to find) installed. Four excellent 14” original basket weaves (the right rear has minor rash) were sourced and new Toyo Extensa A/S tires were installed.
    Miles 234,757
    Work and maintenance performed:
    Mechanical:
    Please note that all parts replaced were with OE parts or otherwise noted.
    5 speed swap done by Merkert Motor Works here in North Georgia. I sourced the transmission which had approx. 120k miles. New Sachs clutch and pressure plate along with a new slave cylinder were installed. The 4:10 diff is still in place but was flushed and filled w/Red Line 75/90. New Guibo replaced with sourced drive shaft.
    Ansa Cat back exhaust installed with existing original cat.
    All Suspension bushing replaced – subframe, trailing arm bushings, sway bar links, wheel bearings, front control arms and bushings. Reman CV Axles installed.
    New brakes all around – pads, disks, backing plates, e-brake lines and ABS sensors.
    New H&R Soft Sport Springs, New Bilstein HD Struts and shocks.
    Timing Belt, Water Pump, all hoses and clamps, thermostat, all other belts.
    Oil Pan and valve cover gaskets replaced. No leaks anywhere!
    Electrical:
    Power Lock control module with all actuators were replaced to make all power locks function.
    Power window motors replaced.
    Interior:
    Kevin at Creative Options reupholstered the OE Sport Seats (and rear)in original BMW fabric. (Not a fan of leather in the south)
    Husco armrest
    A crack free dash was sourced and installed. While I had the dash apart I replaced the backlight in the trip computer. I also replaced the odometer gear. A Kenwood AM/FM/HD CD player with red/amber display was also installed. A new Hirshmann power antenna was also fitted.
    A good condition replacement motorsport steering wheel was installed.
    Ashtray was replaced for a coin compartment.
    The carpet is decent and free of stains but shows its age.
    Euro fog light switch with rear control was installed. I have a set of euro tail lights in the box that will be included.
    As no E30 is really perfect here are the needs:
    Several years ago I trouble shot the A/C. There was a bad relay and that was replaced. The Aux fan was seized. I sourced one from a salvage yard and installed it. R11 was filled by a licensed tech but found to leak out of the compressor seals. A new compressor will likely be needed.
    A previous owner jacked the car under the fuel tank (right below the fuel pump). I have a new tank and parts for the in-tank fuel pump that will be included with the sale. The main external fuel pump is a bit noisy. I don’t run the car with less than a ΒΌ of a tank.
    Cruise Control has never been known to function and I have never tried to troubleshoot it.
    Paint and body would make this an amazing looking car!
    Needs a windshield washer pump.
    The e-brake handle needs a repair to the switch that controls the light on the dash.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So that is everything I can think of. I have tried to represent the car the best that I can so a potential buyer understands what he/she is getting.

I have a binder of all the receipts and work performed.

If I think of anything else I will add to the post.

The driving experience for a 28 year old car is amazing as it handles the road very well. I would not hesitate to drive the car anywhere.
    Price is $5,500.00

Last edited by GJ@GA_US; 05-25-2015, 03:04 PM. Reason: bad grammer

Where in north Georgia are you? I'm Interested and am in Trenton.

Comment

PM replied

Comment

bump

Comment

That interior looks amazing! Seems like a very solid car for the price

Comment

Thanks, Kevin does nice work.

Comment

Bump, still available. Trying to avoid CL. Want this to go to a good home.

Comment

Bump, Going up on CL tomorrow if there are no takers.

Comment

So nice to buy southern cars with no rust. This should sell quickly, looks solid!
                  Transaction Feedback!

Comment

Still looking for a good home.

Comment

!!sold!!

Comment

TO ME! and yes, it is a nice example!

Comment

very intrested!!!

I'm already looking into a loan, if it's not already soldplease let me know, I'm looking into a loan soas long as everything goes through its sold! Please contact me 816.799.2942 my name is Casey.

Comment

sorry Casey, I bought this about 2 weeks ago... I think Black Betty is going to be with us for a while!

Comment

Working...
                            X