1991 Alpine/Cloth 318is - 153k miles- CA car - Stunning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 Alpine/Cloth 318is - 153k miles- CA car - Stunning

Hello R3v, I am selling this 318is for a good friend of mine (I recently sold his gorgeous convertible). These are his words:

1991 BMW 318is Alpine White

VIN# WBAAF9314MEE68477 153K miles

Very nice and meticulously maintained e30 318is. I am the fourth owner and have records dating back to the early days of the car.

Features:

 Grey Cloth Interior

 BMW Alarm System with keyless entry

 BMW 6-disk trunk CD Changer

 4.10 Limited Slip Differential(LSD)

 Manual Sunroof

Upgrades:

 R134 AC Conversion with new compressor, dryer and working perfect

 M3 offset Control Arm Bushings

 H&R e30 M3 Sport Springs (stock springs included)

 Koni Adjustable sport shocks (stock Sachs shocks included ~20K miles)

 Rear shock reinforcement plates

 205/60R14 Falken Ziex ZE-512 tires @136K miles

 Stromung catback exhaust

 Eibach adjustable front and rear sway bars (stock bars included)

 Stainless steel brake lines

 Hawk HPS brake pads

 Turner Motorsport Performance chip +12 HP, 15 torque gain, rev limit 7000 (Stock chip comes with car)

Condition:

 153K miles on working Odometer

 Crack free dash

 Interior seats in excellent shape except for driver bottom which just recently gave way to a two inch split(see picture). Driver side left bolsters also showing some wear.

 No leaks any wear

 All power and electrical works

 Paint is in really good condition

 Mostly original body panels except for front left fender and passenger door.

o Front left fender was a shopping cart incident and replaced with BMW fender

o Passenger door was from a parallel parking incident with a truck bumper

 No signs of rust anywhere on the car

 Full tool Kit

 Original suspension (springs, Sachs shocks and swaybars) included.

 2 sets of floor mats included

 BMW sun shade included

Recent Maintenance and parts:

 New control arms

 New tie rods

 Front and rear shock mounts

 New thermostat and radiator

 Transmission and differential fluids replaced

 New belts

 Brake pads, rotors and fluid flush

 Power steering hoses, reservoir and fluid

 Upper and lower oil pan gaskets replaced

 Timing chain tensioner

 Spark plugs replaced

 Steering Rack replaced

 Transmission mounts and flex disk

 Engine Mounts

 Left and right rear wheel bearings

I bought this car from the third owner in June 2013 in Southern California. Car at the time had 141K miles on it. He searched for this car for many months as he was an M42 4-cylinder enthusiast. He did the

suspension upgrades (springs and shocks) and added the Stromung exhaust. Also did a ton of maintenance. He never intended to sell it as he put a lot of money into it, but a job move across the country forced the sale.

Previous to that, the third owner bought the car from the second owner in November 2012. Second owner was an 87 year-old German man who bought the car from his friend in 1992 who bought the car for his wife that hated it. He maintained the car meticulously from 1992 on, and kept the car for 20 years until age along with having too many toys caught up to him. The car was originally in New Jersey until 1999 when he moved to Arizona. In New Jersey, it never saw the winters or snow and the 13 years in Arizona it was garage kept safe from the sun and only driven on weekends. All maintenance was performed by him or a BMW dealer.

I always wanted an e30 318is because the M42 4-cylinder matched with the classic e30 body in my opinion is the best example of the BMW spirit besides the e30 M3 (check the pricing on those!). The car is one of the nicest examples that I could find and absolutely love the effortless rev’ing of the M42 engine. The Stromung exhaust adds the perfect growl with no drone and the suspension really makes this a fun car to drive. I have had a blast driving this car but now have moved into an e36 M3 so, sadly, time to say goodbye. Much maintenance has been done to this car recently and this car should run for years with not much more. M42 engines are known to last easily for 250K+ miles.

For the last two years, Edge Motorworks in Mountain View, CA has maintained the car. They can speak to the condition but as you can see in the pictures and the history, it is one of a kind!

We are asking $8100 or best offer
    408-772-1275
    Mountain View, CA

Very nice car! GLWS

Comment

Impressively clean on the outside.

Comment

Gorgeous example!!!

Comment

Wow! That's a very clean e30

Comment

I have that same interior in my 318is, great combo!

Comment

Beautiful car.
              I spoke with the seller's pal though and it appears someone has put a deposit on the car.
              Bummer...
              sigpic
              1992 Acura Legend LS Coupe 5-Speed Sirius White Pearl/Black
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Arctic White/Blue
              1989 BMW 325i S52 Alpine/Natur
              1988 BMW 535is Lachssilber/Cardinal
              2005 BMW M3 Alpine/Impulse - Current
              1991 BMW 325i M20 Schwarz/Black - Current

Comment

I'm not surprised - this is a gorgeous car! I remember when the second owner (the elderly man) was selling this car here in AZ. I believe the ask was something like $3500 at the time - should've grabbed it! Then I recall it being on Ebay when the 3rd owner was selling it a year or so later. And now it's here again! Bummer on the upholstery but I still think this is one of the nicest examples of the breed left. Congrats to whomever the new caretaker is.

Todd Z.

Comment

That's a beautiful car. Great deal.
                  Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Pending sale fell through. Still for sale. Please call or text me. PM is hard to get to

Comment

Great Deal! GLWS

Comment

Working...
                      X