Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome 1968 MG Midget project for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome 1968 MG Midget project for sale!

Hey all,

I picked this car up with plans to put it together-mostly because the car is a great candidate for reassembly-but with the Courier beckoning and our very busy race schedule, I'm not going to get to it. I'm not exaggerating when I say this is probably the best candidate I've ever seen for a father-son (or father-daughter?) project, a relatively quick assembly job, or even a great candidate for the more detail-oriented car fan.

Exterior:
    The shell is 100% rust-free, has been treated with a POR-15 type substance before being painted in OEM Tartan Red, AND is already equipped with all-new front and rear suspension! The car comes with the rest of the can of paint, as well as all the other materials used to paint and rust-proof the car. The paint still has to be buffed, and the white you see is some leftover abrasive from brief attempts at wet-sanding. It'll wipe right off.

Here you can see the undercoating (and a few cobwebs):

Suspension:
    Here are some pictures of the suspension. It's a bit dusty now, but almost everything here is brand new and unused:

What follows is another reason this car would be a great candidate for assembly. This car comes with a ridiculous amount of parts. Almost all of the original parts are included, but there are also a HUGE number of brand new parts ready to be installed.

Interior:
    Both original seats are included.

(This one is still bagged for protection)

In addition, these bags contain new padding and covers for the seats:

The original dash is included, along with a new replacement dash pad:

The car comes with a complete set of interior panels as well as brand new black carpet:

Engine
    The car comes with a 1275cc engine and ribcase gearbox. Both were rebuilt 4 years ago according to the previous owner and were never used. The engine was left with the valve cover off for some reason. I'd recommend giving the engine a look and a good cleaning either way, but it should be fresh inside.

The car comes with its original pair of SU carbs, complete with manifold and heat shield:

As well as a pair of SUs built by Joe Curto:

And a 32/36 downdraft Weber with Pierce manifold:

Miscellaneous
    The car comes with a huge number of spares. I'll list as much as I know.

Windscreen, complete with trim and rear view mirror:

A complete wiring harness, as well as a poster-size wiring diagram:

All the chrome trim for the car:

THREE hoods, including the original with trim (rusty in the front), a used replacement (also rusty in the front), and a brand new primed hood:

The original bumpers in very good shape, plus a pair of brand new bumpers still in the wrapping:

Original top with frame, plus a brand new top to go along with it (I forgot to photograph the new top):

Steering rack and steering column:

This is already a ton of pictures, but I have more if there are any questions.

For everything here and more, I'm asking $3,000obo. Feel free to call or text me at (845)264-2918. I'll negotiate, but be reasonable. There is a huge amount of value here just in parts, plus a shell is amazing shape. Thanks for looking!
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

So cool!
    1991 349is (wadded up)
    1984 Rabbit 2.0L16v swap (wife's)
    2003 LR Disco II (wife's)
    1993 MB 400SEL (son 1's)
    1980 MB 450SEL (son 2's)
    2004 KTM 525 EXC-R SM Sold:(

Comment

Funny I was just thinking I wish I had another midget to mess around with.
      Here's one I had.
      A 71.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sold it for $1700 should of kept it. I'd like to do a zetec engine (if it would fit) on bike carbs. 150hp in a 1500lb car.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 89325iturbo View Post
          Sold it for $1700 should of kept it. I'd like to do a zetec engine (if it would fit) on bike carbs. 150hp in a 1500lb car.
          This sounds like a great way to get back into the game! :) There are a surprising number of options engine-wise if you don't mind being a little non-OEM. One of the most interesting-sounding is swapping the head for a BMW K-series twin cam.

Get in touch and come take a look at everything!
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

I forgot to mention it, but the car also has a clean title and comes with a ton of receipts, paperwork, workshop manuals, and reference material!

Comment

I'd really like to get the space back, someone should come out and move this along!

Comment

For a car that tto iall turns to compost after so long, that is in remarkably nice condition. If only I had a barn I wasn't using :)

Glws
                Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                Alice the Time Capsule
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Searching through ever more boxes, I've found brand new headlight trim rings and gaskets, fuel tank gaskets, tail light surrounds, reverse lights, water hoses, choke cable, bumperettes front and rear, the original complete tail light assemblies and fuel filler neck, about 5 distributors....

Comment

Nice weather to come look at a sports car!

Comment

Bump, still available!

Comment

I'll be home from the races tomorrow and would love to show the car off!

Comment

Barbeques are okay, but sports cars are better! Come pick this up!

Comment

Would love to have this car but we're trying to get our house listed and the wife would kill me if I were to bring home another project with the M60 swap still in progress!!! This is a helluva deal and someone is going to be extremely happy!!! Maybe some year!! GLWS!!!
                            Some people just need a sympathetic pat...
                            on the head...
                            WITH A HAMMER!!!

Comment

Too bad, it really is a great opportunity! Chicks love British sports cars, just saying...

Comment

Working...
                              X