1971 Datsun 510 SR20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1971 Datsun 510 SR20

Whats up all? I have a 1971 Datsun 510 SR20 swapped. I'm in the air of selling or trading the car for a different project. If I trade I would be looking for a GTR, M3, E30 (fully built or M car) or 240z (couple other cars may peek my interest). The car just had a complete exterior restoration and was painted Thunder Grey Metallic. There was a serious amount of work done restoring the exterior. Car is rust and rot free. There is no body issues at all. All window trim and door trim was replaced along with most windows. I purchased the car from the head tech at Dynotech Tuning in KY and the motor was already swapped. He did multiple upgrades like a Haltech Standalone and many other goodies. The list of goodies is massive. Car is truly one of a kind. The only things the car need as of right now is a headliner and a little interior sprucing up (just put new interior panels in). Mechanically it could use coilover rebuild or new coilovers (currently on Toy Techno Coilovers) and maybe a set of less aggressive wheels. Other than that she should be good to go. I haven't driven the car in over a year so I really am not positive if anything needs to be addressed mechanically. Reason I haven't driven it in awhile is due to the restoration taking a year and the winter months at home. I just put a brand new battery in it and will be taking it for a ride in the next week or so. If you have any specific questions please feel free to message me and I will get you my contact info. I am willing to ship anywhere in the US at the buyers expense. Looking for $30K but prefer a trade from the list above.

S14 SR20 t28 ball bearing top mount with variable intake valve. Hks mushroom filter. Stainless turbo back exhaust and forged top mount manifold. Isis t-stat four core aluminum radiator front mount intercooler with vent to atmosphere blow off. LS1 ignition coils and new 9mm plug wires. 910cc side feed injectors with 6an fuel feed and return fuel lab filter and sard fuel pressure gauge inline 485 fuel pump. Isis short throw shifter with nismo shift knob. Rear mounted battery. Haltech standalone and can based wideband new custom engine harness and new entire chassis harness. New headlights and Jdm rear taillights. New steering box tie rods idler an steering arm all new bushings throughout aftermarket front and rear sway bars. Adjustable coil over suspension both front and rear techno toy tuning top hats. Four wheel disc brakes with handle pull e brake. Custom driveshaft. All aftermarket gauges oil pressure water temp volt has level boost tach speedo wideband. Authentic bride carbon Kevlar seats with takata harnesses. New latches on rear quarter windows. New carpet. Full view rear mirror. New old stock front inside cowl vent. Xxr 15x8 front 15x9 rear deep dish wheels eith kumho tires

Last edited by peasouped; 05-27-2016, 11:49 AM.

You're asking $30,000 for a Japanese car on a European car forum that needs a headliner, a suspension, a different set of wheels and tires and you're "not positive that anything needs to be addressed mechanically" on it because you haven't driven it in over a year?

If the list of goodies is indeed massive, you'd be well-served to itemize it.

And for future reference, it's "pique my interest" not "peek."
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      You're asking $30,000 for a car that needs a headliner, a suspension, a different set of wheels and tires and you're "not positive that anything needs to be addressed mechanically" on it because you haven't driven it in over a year?

If the list of goodies is indeed massive, you'd be well-served to itemize it.

And for future reference, it's "pique my interest" not "peek."
      Considering this car sold for 45K...And the body needs another restoration...I think 30K is reasonable for my car. I have already had 25K offers as well.

Bid for the chance to own a 1969 Datsun 510 SR20DET 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #1,232.

I addressed every mechanical issue before the car had a full exterior restoration. New U-joints, new brake lines, new turbo back, new tune for 93, new battery, all new fluids, new valve cover gasket. Did about $3500 worth of mechanical fixes and services. I would have replaced the coilovers, but they didn't start clunking until after the restoration (must of had leaks). The wheels are fine and work, I just don't want to run multiple degrees of camber (not my style, but may be someone else's). And a headliner is not an expensive fix. If the car was a 10/10 I would be asking over 30K lol. Sorry for posting a Japanese car on a Euro forum? Didn't know it was a rule. And fixed my grammar for you #peek.

Here is a small list.

S14 SR20 t28 ball bearing top mount with variable intake valve. Hks mushroom filter. Stainless turbo back exhaust and forged top mount manifold. Isis t-stat four core aluminum radiator front mount intercooler with vent to atmosphere blow off. LS1 ignition coils and new 9mm plug wires. 910cc side feed injectors with 6an fuel feed and return fuel lab filter and sard fuel pressure gauge inline 485 fuel pump. Isis short throw shifter with nismo shift knob. Rear mounted battery. Haltech standalone and can based wideband new custom engine harness and new entire chassis harness. New headlights and Jdm rear taillights. New steering box tie rods idler an steering arm all new bushings throughout aftermarket front and rear sway bars. Adjustable coil over suspension both front and rear techno toy tuning top hats. Four wheel disc brakes with handle pull e brake. Custom driveshaft. All aftermarket gauges oil pressure water temp volt has level boost tach speedo wideband. Authentic bride carbon Kevlar seats with takata harnesses. New latches on rear quarter windows. New carpet. Full view rear mirror. New old stock front inside cowl vent. Xxr 15x8 front 15x9 rear deep dish wheels eith kumho tires
      Last edited by peasouped; 05-27-2016, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by peasouped View Post
        Car is rust and rot free. There is no body issues at all.
        the body needs another restoration...

No rule against posting a Japanese car on a Euro forum, but until your last edit the listing was pretty short on details.

Comment

Considering this car sold for 45K...And the body needs another restoration...I think 30K is reasonable for my car. I have already had 25K offers as well.

Bid for the chance to own a 1969 Datsun 510 SR20DET 6-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #1,232.

Maybe take note of the detailed ad with gratuitous pictures. Your post (or.. word diarrhea) closely resembles most stancelife miata craigslit posts for "3kay or 240z,b ut bring your own ramz"
          Build Threads:
          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

No rule against posting a Japanese car on a Euro forum, but until your last edit the listing was pretty short on details.
            My car doesn't need a body restoration...The car that sold for 45K does lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
              Maybe take note of the detailed ad with gratuitous pictures. Your post (or.. word diarrhea) closely resembles most stancelife miata craigslit posts for "3kay or 240z,b ut bring your own ramz"
              I'm good... Thanks for the advice though.

Comment

My car doesn't need a body restoration...The car that sold for 45K does lol.
                Yeah but that one was signed by Pete Brock and didn't need a headliner.

Comment

Yeah but that one was signed by Pete Brock and didn't need a headliner.
                  hahaha ball busters man

Comment

why are you selling this here?!

Comment

I would say this car is worth 20-25k max, don't think you will get 30k with it still needing work.

The BaT car was also more a work of art and had a history with the owner doing his own restoration, engineering, reupholstering, etc. Plus if you think your car is worth 30k, why not put it up on BaT and see how high it goes?
                      2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Originally posted by pvrse View Post
                        why are you selling this here?!
                        I have it on a few sites. I have it here be ause I purchased my e30 from here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cleanasse30 View Post
                          I would say this car is worth 20-25k max, don't think you will get 30k with it still needing work.

The BaT car was also more a work of art and had a history with the owner doing his own restoration, engineering, reupholstering, etc. Plus if you think your car is worth 30k, why not put it up on BaT and see how high it goes?
                          I will most likely put it on there. I am not registered on BAT yet, so I posted it on a few sites/forums I am currently registered to. His car has a story yes, but it also needs to have the body work re-addressed. Which typically is the most expensive part of any restoration. My exterior restoration was to the tune of $13,500.

Comment

this ad just took a left turn of the exit ramp.
                            sigpic
                            323i MTEC1
                            Z3 coupe
                            E60 M5

Comment

30k, it seems reasonable for knock off brides, no door panels, captain morgan ebrake boot and a mexican blanket rear seat upholstery

#bustingballs
                              Build Threads:
                              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Working...
                              X