Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 Z3 Supercharged M44 DASC - No Longer Available

1996 Z3 Supercharged M44 DASC

Selling my Z3 with a Downing Atlanta Supercharger. I bought it about a month ago. The plan was to pull the DASC for another project but I decided to go in another direction.

The car is in good shape but not perfect. it has 112K miles. The paint has some minor scratches but nothing bad. The front bumper shows the worst of it but in general it is very presentable. There is curb damage to the pass side skirt but I sourced a nice color matching replacement that is included in the sale.

It has red leather that is in nice shape. The only real flaws include a small split in the driver seat bottom and a couple of small holes in the bolster. The door panels are in nice shape but the pass armrest has damage. I new one would likely be the best solution there.

There is an aftermarket stereo installed, which is OK but not my cup of tea.

Now, what makes this car special is without a doubt the DASC. It is VERY fun to drive. The power is very linear making the M44 feel much more like a larger motor. It isn't a rocket but it's just right. The car doesn't have any lag at all. It just wants to pull at all RPM and springs to life just over 4K RPM. The car handles like its on rails and has been a blast in the short time I've owned it. Oh, and the car has two piece Borbet rims and a full Dinan exhaust.

Id love to keep this car but my focus is really on e30s and simply don't have the space for this car. Not to mention, I have a family and a two seater just isn't in he cards right now.

My asking price is $6500, which I think is very fair considering the DASC is worth almost half that. I didn't include a huge description or a lot of pictures here but I'm more than happy to text or email all the pictures any interested party wants. I'm also very happy to provide more details via telephone.

I will ship at buyers expense and I will consider local deliver with terms worked out prior to sale.

Thanks,
    Andrew
    (609) 731-5213

List Date: 9/16/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 1996 Z3 Supercharged M44 DASC
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

Last edited by Dukereturns; 10-29-2016, 04:56 AM. Reason: Sold

Good luck with sale! I'd love to have a DASC'd Z3 to match my Z3 Coupe, but I gotta DASC my e30 first. Were you planning to put the DASC in an e30. What made you change your plans?
    sigpic
    January 2012 COTM

Comment

Thanks. I have a rebuilt M42 i was going to install the DASC on but I have too many other projects in the works. Something has to give. Buy my Z3 and pull the DASC. You could get most of your money back selling the stock Z3 once you're done! I have installation instruction and parts list PDFs from DA that will go with the sale.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Is this in Florida or Jersey? What kind of roll bar is that?
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I bought it in Florida but it's in NJ now. I don't know the manufacturer but it's an aftermarket rollbar. Thx

Comment

Working...
            X