Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1998 BMW M3. Estoril/Mulberry, immaculate, 70k, 5-speed

Well the unthinkable has come

I bought this car about two years ago from Texas. It took me about 5 months to find the exact one I wanted. It needed to be a well maintained, summer state only, estoril blue on black or mulberry, 98.5+ M3. I flew out and bought the car, car was stock when I purchased it.

I never intended on selling this car, but lately I feel like I never get to drive the car and it’s time to buy a small house or a condo. So my baby has to go

Details

- Late 1998 BMW M3 2dr coupe
    - 72,XXX unmolested miles
    - Estoril blue exterior
    - Rare mulberry interior
    - 5-speed manual
    - Electric vaders
    - Original M3 spoiler
    - Harmon Kardon sound system
    - VIN: WBSBG9336WEY79653

History

The first owner of this car was located in the Dallas, Texas area. He ordered the car from Classic BMW in Dallas. All the work was performed at classic BMW and I have receipts from all of it. I think as the warranty was coming to an end, he decided to sell the car. The second owner was an older gentleman from Plano Texas and purchased an extended warranty through classic BMW and also had everything done there. I have a ton of receipts with many major maintenance repairs. As his extended warranty was coming to an end, he decided to sell the car. That’s when I found it and bought it. The car had 66,000 miles on it when I purchased it.

So this M3 was purchased and maintained at Circle BMW in Dallas Texas for most of its life. Circle BMW is filled with a group of very customer friendly staff and knowledgeable technicians and it really shows on this pristine M3. It has lived a great life.

Condition

- The exterior on the car is pretty much perfect. NOT one ding anywhere on the car. Few rock chips here and there but very minimal
    - Interior is in great condition. The driver bolster is showing slight wear, but also minimal.

Modifications (all have about 4,000 miles on them, put close to $7,000 into the car)

Performance

- Shark injector software
    - Cosmos racing cold air intake
    - Stromung exhaust
    - Understeer short shift kit with modified selector rod
    - Stainless Steel brake lines all around

Exterior

- 18x8.5 CSL rims
    - 245/35/18 Goodyear eagle F1 tires (about 3,000 miles)
    - European clear light all around the car
    - 35% tint all around. The rear window was starting to bubble so I took the tint off, but will have new tint installed shortly
    - Blacked out front grill

Suspension

- Ground Control track/school kit with 450/550 spring rates
    - Ground Control camber plates
    - Carbon Fiber front strut bar
    - Racing dynamics rear strut bar
    - UUC front and rear sway bars (only rear installed)
    - Rouge Engineering rear camber arms
    - Urethane subframe bushings (less then 1,000 ago)
    - Urethane rear trailing arm bushings (less then 1,000 ago)
    - BMW X-brace
    - I also put urethane tranny mounts on the car, but put the stock ones back in because they made the whole car vibrate.

Maintenance

- The first two owners did ALL of the work at the same dealership the car was bought at. They have kept all of the maintenance records and I have them in a binder.

I did quite a bit of work on the car also

- Replaced the subframe and trailing arm bushings with urethane about 1,000 miles ago
    - Routine oil changes every 3 months with mobile 1 10w30 full synthetic and bmw oil filters. I say 3 months because, 3 months came way faster then 3k miles 
    - Flushed transmission with Red Line fluid less then 1,000 miles ago
    - Flushed differential with Red Line fluid less then 1,000 miles ago
    - Replaced all the belts
    - Replaced the thermostat and housing
    - Also did a complete coolant flush with BMW coolant
    - Replaced rear wheel bearings less then 1,000 miles ago
    - When I was installing the stainless steel brake lines I also flushed the brake fluid with racing fluid. Also done less then 1,000 miles ago.

There is NOTHING wrong with the car. It has been a babied weekend cruiser all of its life. I took the car to two auto crosses and that’s about it. I never drove this car in rain and put it away last winter and took it out this summer.

Yes I know that you can get a e36 m3’s all day for cheaper, but try finding a unabused, tastefully modified, estoril on mulberry, meticulously maintained one for anywhere near that.

My asking price is......Time to GO! $20,000 FIRM

Email me with phone number or any questions at acegronski@comcast.net

PROFESSIONAL PICTURES IN POSTS #15 AND #18

some nice exterior shots

Cruising

Little photoshoot

Engine bay

Interior

Records/Manuals/etc

This is where the car spends most of its time :( (cover included in sale :) )

thanks for looking
    Last edited by 325is_MadBimmer; 11-12-2006, 07:12 PM.
    Luke
    98 M3 with many goodies

no love for the e36 here? :(
    Luke
    98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

Originally posted by 325is_MadBimmer View Post
      no love for the e36 here? :(
      Very clean car, but I think your asking price is way out of range for the average r3vlimited user. If you seriously want that kind of money, try placing an ad in the back of Roundel. And before you question me, don't worry...I have a mint '96 M3 with only 42k miles on it. So I know where you're coming from. Good luck finding a home for it.

Comment

Bump for a clean, rare color combo M3. Are you keeping the E30 now?

Josh K

Comment

So so so nice. I did not grasp it was yours until I saw the picture in your Brother's pasture. :)

Good luck I wish I could buy her.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Nice looking Estoril.

Comment

price dropped to $23,000
              Luke
              98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

$21,000
                Luke
                98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

bump
                  Luke
                  98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

I know luke personally, and I wanted to say that this car is as well taken care of as they get. Luke knows how to love his cars and is a true BMW enthusiast.

Comment

this sunday, i am taking the car for a professional photoshoot. This guy does some amazing camera work. i will post when i get the pictures.

i also did a clutch delay valve delete this last weekend, wow what a difference!

- Luke
                      Luke
                      98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

Can I pay you 1.00 a day for 26,000 days??? (+5k=interest) :D

Bump for an amazing car.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

i need money for my e30 monster project
                          Luke
                          98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

It's only 76.71 years! lol

Comment

ok everyone here some of the new pics

enjoy :)

i will have high res later in the week if anyone is interested. please request pics by pm.
                              Luke
                              98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

Working...
                              X