Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sterling Silver 1991 318iS 4.1 LSD Silver cloth interior NH / MA 7300obo

Sterling Silver Metallic, rare last-year 318iS coupe

265K miles, estimated 60K+ on rebuilt engine. No valve tick/ timing chain rattle, compression test numbers healthy/ within spec. no leaks underneath. welcome PPI at buyer’s expense

Transmission shifts smoothly, differential functions perfectly with no grinds. Clean title, two prior owners.
    Suspension is taut and assertive, drives like a track-ready vehicle
    Comes with original manual, full set of original tools, both original keys and is missing nothing, I.E. has all undertray components, brake ducting and plastic parts.
    Dead reliable, 30 mpg and exhilarating every drive.
    only cosmetic rust of which the majority has been repaired. Clean sport interior with rare silver cloth, crack-free dash.
    Tracks straight, pulls hard and offers progressively more power with climbing rpms.
    Comes with a multitude of parts that allude to a much longer-term relationship than we’re looking at. Was a keeper vehicle but emergency situation/ career comes first. was in the middle of cosmetic restoration (fixing rock chips, fixing hood paint, nicks, bespoke rear spoiler, rear apron and redo of battery tray fix) when shit hit the fan irl. so the car doesn’t appear to be as presentable as can be… a driving project, if i have to be harpy.
    Between the very rare configuration of this rare model and the sheer joy of custodianship of this machine, hopefully this is reasonably priced.
    A turnkey daily driver, hates being garaged (although the vehicle has been garaged throughout my tenure)
    318iS:
    Rare factory option 4.1 LSD
    Also rare Silver Cloth Sport Interior with manual sunroof (no rust)
    Mostly stock, some minor aesthetic tweaks
    Maintenance:
    <60k miles
    Bilstein Struts, shocks all around, very competent suspension
    Power antenna replaced
    Rear axle bearings
    Front tie rods, bushings all around
    Rotors, pads
    rebuilt calipers
    <20k miles
    Accessory belts replaced with OEM
    New NGK spark plugs
    Faded rubber replaced in engine bay �Minor surface rust repair
    Crank Position Sensor
    Deep cleaned interior
    Fluids (cooling system, differential, oil)
    Audio system refreshed all around (speakers, etc super crisp)
    OBC replaced
    Upgrades:
    K&N Lifetime Air Filter
    BME Driveshaft, carrier bearings, and associated parts.
    Lightweight Bluetooth / USB Blaupunkt Head Unit (Original available as well)
    Custom lightweight Porsche 944 derived Magnaflow axle-back system (low, refined sound and progressive with acceleration)
    Bespoke rear spoiler
    Graphite Metallic OEM 14” BBS Wheels
    Monochromatic cloth seat inlay
    Cons:
    Odometer / brake pad thickness sensor needs repair (common issue), can be resolved simultaneously
    Fair amount of ‘patina’ on exterior (but only cosmetic rust)
    cloth seats have minor wear, worst being driver's side will upload better pics soon
    final thoughts:
    this is guilt-free gruppe b, the RS or GT3 of BMW’s and the perfect antidote for anybody that’s fallen out of love with the brand. this car took a stout shit on every BMW i6 experience i’ve ever had, and is truly BMW’s best kept secret bar none. my resume of past cars is comprised of top-tier pedigree, including oft-sung heroes like the R32 GTR, 76’ 911S, MR2 and FD3S RX-7. I look back at the FD as my absolute favorite experience, and only the 318is comes close. Both cars permeated and consumed aspects of my daily life that no other cars did. No other car has ever had me bolt downstairs buck-naked at 3am with a kitchen knife and the outlandish notion that it was stolen out of my garage or inspire a pilgrimage to metric meccanics in bumfuck, missouri. i’m not a real emotional guy, but can honestly say that i’ve crested an apex with this machine, choking back tears in awe of the symphony between man and machine. its ability to subvert reality with swiss-alps-key-like feedback demands your attention and makes you feel like the hero of your own story, at a price that having experienced it, makes buying anything else seem almost masochistic.
    that said... even if it ain't this one.. get a 318is!!

great write up, glws.

i have purchased a second 318is after experienceing the first that i bought

this is guilt-free gruppe b, the RS or GT3 of BMW’s and the perfect antidote for anybody that’s fallen out of love with the brand. this car took a stout shit on every BMW i6 experience i’ve ever had, and is truly BMW’s best kept secret bar none. my resume of past cars is comprised of top-tier pedigree, including oft-sung heroes like the R32 GTR, 76’ 911S, MR2 and FD3S RX-7. I look back at the FD as my absolute favorite experience, and only the 318is comes close. Both cars permeated and consumed aspects of my daily life that no other cars did. No other car has ever had me bolt downstairs buck-naked at 3am with a kitchen knife and the outlandish notion that it was stolen out of my garage or inspire a pilgrimage to metric meccanics in bumfuck, missouri. i’m not a real emotional guy, but can honestly say that i’ve crested an apex with this machine, choking back tears in awe of the symphony between man and machine. its ability to subvert reality with swiss-alps-key-like feedback demands your attention and makes you feel like the hero of your own story, at a price that having experienced it, makes buying anything else seem almost masochistic.
    that said... even if it ain't this one.. get a 318is!!
    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
      great write up, glws.

i have purchased a second 318is after experienceing the first that i bought
      appreciate the kind words! the drivetrain/ chassis combination is very addicting, glad you're back on board

for any prospective buyers, i'd like to add that i'm pretty negotiable

Comment

I would suggest adding more pics. Especially of the exterior rust and interior.

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
          I would suggest adding more pics. Especially of the exterior rust and interior.
          Sorry, I will do this asap. In the meantime, I'm bumping with a new price:

$6981.85 OBO nobody has come to see the car as of yet.

Comment

Any more pics?

Comment

Originally posted by ipronoun View Post

Sorry, I will do this asap. In the meantime, I'm bumping with a new price:

$6981.85 OBO nobody has come to see the car as of yet.
              I don't think you're likely to see a serious buyer until the extent of the rust is known. In the few pics that are posted, it appears you might well have a great example that's well-priced...it's just hard to know from what's there. Just my $.02. GLWS

Comment

Confirming rust and availability?

Comment

Originally posted by Cbanasik View Post
                  Confirming rust and availability?
                  The car was for sake in october...doubt a clean example is still available...
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X