WTB: brilliantrot mtech2 e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: brilliantrot mtech2 e30

Looking for a mtech2 e30. Brilliantrot is my personal grail color, but I might entertain other colors, too, if I can't help myself :)

EDIT: Correction, looking for a Misanorot mtech2 coupe. They didn't come in brilliantrot as a coupe.
    Last edited by midnight_marauder; 10-30-2019, 04:35 PM.
    📸 @joyfilledpursuit
    📖 John 3:16-18

Convertible right ?
    Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
    1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
    1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
    1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
    2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
    2005 X3 (little woman's car)
    Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
    Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

Coupes only, please
      📸 @joyfilledpursuit

Comment

Originally posted by midnight_marauder View Post
        Looking for a mtech2 e30. Brilliantrot is my personal grail color, but I might entertain other colors, too, if I can't help myself :) . . . .Coupes only, please
        MTechnic Coupes were never sold in the USA. Only convertibles.

There are MTechnic coupes in Europe, but i've never seen pics of any in red so maybe they never offered that color.

The only Red MTechnic i've ever seen are Convertibles, and these were sold in the USA.

Randy Walters

Comment

I've seen red ones, but as said in previous reply the were European and Japanese market only, mainly in the UK and are referred a sports models and right hand drive Japanese model are left hand drive but all that I've seen are automatic.

Comment

What's up Randy? I too assumed he was looking for one of the factory M techs but it seems he isn't. He could just be after any coupe with M tech 2 kit on it.
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I'm okay with a euro or japan spec m-tech 2, in fact I figured that's what I'd have to go with (I'm fine with importing).

However, if it's true that they didn't come from the factory in color code brilliantrot, even overseas... That's too bad :(

I guess my only option might be to make my own. Acquire a brilliantrot e30 IS with bad paint (unlikely being that it's one stage paint), order an oem mtechnik 2 bodykit, and get the entire thing repainted. Similar to: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-bmw-325is/. I wish I never saw that car... my taste is unsatisfied with any other e30 now.

EDIT: alright, so it appears that mtech2 coupes were in fact made available from the factory in color code Misanorot: https://www.e30zone.net/e30wiki/inde...t_Colour_Codes

In that case, I'm looking for a Misanorot mtech2 coupe, if possible.
              Last edited by midnight_marauder; 10-30-2019, 04:34 PM.
              📸 @joyfilledpursuit

Comment

......alright, so it appears that mtech2 coupes were in fact made available from the factory in color code Misanorot: https://www.e30zone.net/e30wiki/inde...t_Colour_Codes
                That Misanorot coupe you linked is an M3, not an M Technic coupe.

Randy Walters

Comment

Found a brilliantrot mtech2. Mods, feel free to delete. Thanks!
                  📸 @joyfilledpursuit

Comment

Whatever you do, don’t post photos or a description here of the car you found. I’m sure no one here would be interested, despite all the help and interest you were offered.

Found a brilliantrot mtech2. Mods, feel free to delete. Thanks!

Comment

@delphintimecapsule it was a long road trip back with the car, plus long work hours and a busy thanksgiving. I’ll be sure to post about it when I manage to find some time!
                      📸 @joyfilledpursuit

Comment

@delphintimecapsule it was a long road trip back with the car, plus long work hours and a busy thanksgiving. I’ll be sure to post about it when I manage to find some time!
                        Please do!

Comment

Working...
                        X