Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTS 1991 325ix Touring - in VA

1991 325ix Toruing
    242,000 KM - approx 150,000 miles, as it's a European vehicle it is all in KM. (no i don't know what it would cost to switch it over and I haven't considered it)

Car is a Swiss Market vehicle - identified by VIN and Swiss market options

Imported in 2018 with the help of Ovide. I undertook a whole list of improvements to correct some issues, it started with a torn passenger side axle boot and went from there. Full disclosure the car was listed for sale on BAT and while the auction ended the buyer flaked and was never able to come up with all of the funds to complete the sale. I'd then decided to keep it when a trade option for an e34 M5 came up, and then that guy disappeared. I'd debated keeping it but right now don't have space and I'm interested in getting into something else.

Options
    A/C - non operable
    Central Locking
    Sport Seats - Heated
    Central Locking
    Adjustable Headlight control
    Cruise Control - intermittent
    M-tech Wheel
    Roof antenna
    Heated drivers lock and mirror
    Power front windows
    Rear headrests
    Cassette Holders
    External temp
    6 button computer
    Lettering delete

Car is titled and registered in Kansas currently (I'm military and it was registered there first, reg expires next month).

Car has had all of the IX/touring issues addressed and every piece of maintenance has been documented since my ownership.

Suspension was fully disassembled and powder coated
    -Struts, Springs, Swaybars, rear subframes
    Koni adjustables
    All new bushings to include subframe
    New fuel tank, powder coated
    New fuel pump
    New Control arms, complete
    Axles were rebuilt by Axles unlimited in NC
    Full brake system rebuild
    -new rotors, calipers, pads, stainless lines, ebrake cables and components
    New exhaust from cat back - OEM
    New speed sensor
    New abs sensors
    New plugs, wires, rotor, and cap
    New Water pump
    New tensioner
    New Gates belt
    New thermostat
    New radiator hoses
    New headliner

Pictures are here.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...KxYLF0lyaDU4Mu

I'll entertain any pre purchase inspections, or test drives within about an hour or so radius of Alexandria, VA / D.C. area, can take any pictures or videos. The old BAT ad also has a video of the jack test showing the transfer case is operable.

Not really looking for a trade as I'm looking to get back into an m3 or into a 911.

The only trades I'd consider would be a sorted '95 or earlier Range Rover Classic, or work something out for an e34 M5, a pre '74 2002 (wouldn't have to be perfect) or a pre '74 Bavaria (must be a manual)

Price is $14,000 obo I think you'd be hard pressed to find an ix touring that is as clean or sorted as this with all the correct paperwork, registration and title.
    Last edited by CPTFelch; 12-09-2019, 08:56 AM.
    sigpic15 year old me is super impressed with real me

Comment

CPTfelch, I thought this sold on BAT a while back?
      '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
      '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
        CPTfelch, I thought this sold on BAT a while back?
        Yep, as I said the buyer could never get the funds together to complete the sale.

Comment

Heated seats work? Any clue why the cruise is intermittent and A/C is broken?
          89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
          1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Originally posted by E30andy View Post
            Heated seats work? Any clue why the cruise is intermittent and A/C is broken?
            Heated seats work on both settings. Believe the clutch switch is the culprit on the cruise, warrants further investigation.

A/C is still the r12, compressor engages, and there is subtle shift in temp. Could be a recharge or might as well convert it to 134.

Comment

If someone is interested from a smog state, I’d take it and get it checked here in VA, who I believe is the same as CA.

Comment

PMed you to connect via phone. Thanks!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your luck with BAT, Tristan - unfortunately, I can relate. Hope you find this one a good home.

AB
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

This is an absolutely stunning car - I've debated replacing my ix sedan with it. I just dumped so much into it lately though with ITBs, etc. Love this touring and hope it finds a good home!

Comment

Originally posted by Sower View Post
                      This is an absolutely stunning car - I've debated replacing my ix sedan with it. I just dumped so much into it lately though with ITBs, etc. Love this touring and hope it finds a good home!
                      Through the ITBs on the touring and have a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by CPTFelch View Post

Through the ITBs on the touring and have a blast!
                        Indeed!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

CPTFelch...I noted on the BAT listing of your car that in the driving video the idle seemed high, over 1000k rpm. Is there any idle issues with this lovely touring? Wishing I wasnt so far away as I would love to look this over in person and take a test drive. Need to replace my beat up ix coupe with something a little more respectable!
                            89 325ix coupe Diamondschwartz
                            1994 Mazda Miata

Comment

Originally posted by CPTFelch View Post
                              If someone is interested from a smog state, I’d take it and get it checked here in VA, who I believe is the same as CA.
                              In CA they'd look for an EPA sticker under the hood and a vin label in the door, both of which that car won't have. How's the rust situation in the usual touring locations (rear hatch, under ix cladding/side skirts/ front jack points, etc)

Good looking car
                              Build Threads:
                              Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Working...
                              X