head milled 0.040" for higher compression
    comes with valve cover

Intake manifold:
    325i intake ported to match head
    325i throttle body
    all ICV, PCV, vacuum and booster hoses, and check valves
    Fuel rail with FPR

Exhaust manifolds:
    325i exhaust manifolds sprayed with aluminum high temp ceramic paint, but need to be resprayed
    port matched to cylinder head
    New valve cover gasket and cam plugs
    Rebuilt 60k miles ago with new cam seal and valve guide seals

Electronics:
    87 325i wiring harness- verified direct plug in for 86/87 325e - tach and current fuel consumption on OBC will work with no splicing (this is not true of 88 and later harnesses)
    All sensors including the timing sensor at the balancer
    plug wires including the #6 wire with sensor needed for Motronic 1.3
    All injectors (M50 injectors available +$75)
    O2 sensor
    ICV
    TPS
    AFM
    ECU
    Instrument cluster with 7k tach. Everything works on it except the odometer, but we can talk about having that repaired if you need.

Misc:
    All brackets
    88 325e (super eta) balancer- this balancer is designed for the longer stroke crank. A 325i balancer can be used- it will drive the water pump slower, but it is not sized for the throw on the crank. I can provide either. It is up to you which you want to use. Discount if you don't need either (but you can't use a Motronic 1.1 balancer.)
    thermostat housing with hose to block off port for throttle body heater
    plug for engine block to block off other throttle body heater port (never had a problem doing this even in 20 degree weather)
    Any drive belts that I have that are still good.
    timing belt and tensioner used for 5 minutes (see notes)

Options:
    325i catalytic converter with 2 in 2 out
    325i cat back exhaust
    Late 325i cooling system upgrade- the 327i kit will work with your early radiator just fine. I used my old style radiator with AC on my car for 60k miles with no problem. If, however, you want to increase your cooling system horsepower capacity, I can sell you all of the late model 325i components. This will include the coolant tank with sensor and bracket, late radiator brackets and rubber pieces, all hoses, coolant crossover pipe, fan shroud with clips, and water pump. You may need to redo the wiring for the coolant level sensor, since it will be on the wrong side of the car. You will then be able to run an E36 radiator if you wish.

Notes:
    I am NOT currently interested in parting this kit out. I want to sell it to someone that really wants a 327i
    I ran this on my 86 and flogged it every day with no problems. The crank took it just fine
    These components will work on an 86/87 325e with no problems. Any that do not have a round harness connector will require wiring.
    For super eta/ or 325i owners- this head will fit BUT there may be valve clearance issues because of the milled head. It will be up to you to make provisions for this. There is no such problem with any 84-86 325e, but you should still make certain that everything clears properly! I found out that the valve clearance is too close for comfort on a 325i. That is why you will get a brand new timing belt and tensioner pulley and why the pics show the head installed on the 90 325i. I never got a chance to drive the car this way- I had to back off the valve adjustment too far for the valves to clear the pistons. I did not want to run it this way and am ready to pull it all apart again. I will guarantee that there are no bent valves when it leaves the shop.
    This kit should be used with an i flywheel (which I cannot provide) and at least a 3.45 diff. I recommend a 3.73. I ran a single mass e flywheel and a 3.25 which was pretty good for towing and fuel economy (31mpg at 75mph), but there is a bit of a lag off idle due to the aggressive porting. This is normal even with a 325i running a 3.25 diff. The top end is fantastic, though.
    I recommend finding someone that can provide chip tuning to take advantage of the porting and increased displacement over the stock M20B25 engine the software was originally designed for.

I will not be responsible if you bend valves due to improper installation, handling, etc.
    I will photograph, crate, insure, and ship the parts. After that, any damage is not my problem.
    I will provide technical support over the internet and will provide daytime contact information and the physical address of the shop I work from- you can rest assured that I will not stiff you.
    I spent a lot of time and scronged for a while to put this kit together. I am getting out of E30s for a while, so I want to pass it all on to someone that needs it.

Price:
    LOWER PRICES!
    basic kit- $800 shipped OBO
    Including full exhaust- $1000 shipped OBO
    $700 OBO takes the kit and the exhaust if you pick up in Charlottesville, VA or Washington D.C.

Add late cooling system components +$125 OBO
    Add M50 injectors +$75

Last edited by mooseheadm5; 08-26-2009, 08:31 PM.
    -P

Moosehead Engineering

Accepting offers
    -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

Bump
      -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

interested, I am rebuilding my 87 325e sedan. The engine is still kickin at 228,000 miles but leaking from every seam. This would be a direct swap into my e30? I would take the exhaust as well as the update cooling system and injectors. Are you in a hurry to sell, if you can go down a lil bit I can probably take it off your hands by the end of the month

Comment

I have plenty of space and time to sit on this if you are interested in the whole kit. I am not in a hurry to sell, but would like some sort of deposit to hold everything. These parts are a direct bolt up to your 87. The harness plugs in and all the mechanical bits bolt up. If you have the skills, this is a great way to perk up your car. Prices are negotiable. As I said, I want the kit to go to someone that wants the 327i. If you want, you might even be able to talk me into throwing in a 3.73 open diff for free. Interested in picking up? That will save you a lot as well.
          -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

I am definitely interested in picking up as well to save on shipping costs but it would be a weekend thing so I would have to rent a hotel room with the wifey and gas would be about $100 round trip from Jersey. How much would shipping cost for everything? I think I need a new driveshaft as well for my sedan if you can get your hands on one

Comment

I don't have a good driveshaft, unfortunately. The one in my 86 was toast when I pulled the car apart. I hadn't figured out exactly how much shipping for everything would be, as it is currently all on a car. It would probably be a couple hundred or so. Picking up would be best, as I will go ahead and give you that diff if you do for saving me all the trouble of packing it in shippable boxes instead of bins. Need any other little bits? I might be able to throw some other stuff in as well. Do you have a wagon or SUV or something with a lot of trunk space? I will buy plastic bins and start packing parts this weekend with deposit. The only weekend I cannot do pickup is the 15th of May, since I will be out of town.
              -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

BTW, make sure wifey approves, and take her some place nice to eat. Maybe a trip to Monticello if she likes historical stuff.
                -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

lol, going to have to talk it over with wifey, honestly I need whatever I can get for this e30, the windsheild washer lines are toast, the interior is completely ripped out, need center console and rear console. rear deck lid behind back seats, need seats in black pref. door handle trims, trunk carpeting. u name it the car needs it. front passenger fender, passenger grill, updated headlights. possibly power steering pump, maybe a steering rack. I have a jeep grand cherokee i can bring down. Probably won't be until towards end of may.

Comment

I have most of that stuff. Make a list and PM me. We can start working on a deposit and total price. Some of that stuff you can have free when you show up, but let me know what all you want so I don't sell it to anyone else. End of May should be fine for pickup. Pics of the cars I am parting are HERE Some of the stuff has been sold already, but there is a lot left for you.
                    -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

I have an '87 325 sedan... would be this work out?

This is beyond my skills to do, so any idea how long it would take to do all this for the right mechanic, or perhaps some ball park installation charge?
                      my 325i project info page - lots of pics.. maybe V8 swap? lol.. http://www.fmotorsports.com/main/ind...ewtopic&t=1907

Comment

Yes, it is direct bolt up. A shop should charge you the cost of a head gasket replacement plus a few hours. That would probably end up in the range of 12-15 hours depending on the shop. If you take it to RRT, I can have the parts sent there.
                        -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

Thanks moose... let me talk to someone at RRT and factor in all the costs. I'm very interested.
                          my 325i project info page - lots of pics.. maybe V8 swap? lol.. http://www.fmotorsports.com/main/ind...ewtopic&t=1907

Comment

Sale pending.
                            -P

Moosehead Engineering

Comment

If that guy doesnt want it Im also very interested . Only issue is getting it here. I live in VT. Please contact me if the sale does not go through. Ging in an 87 e30 e vert and I know they didnt make verts in 86. Thats what title says.
                              Bob
                              gmvt@tds.net

Comment

Working...
                              X