FS: M42 turbo setup: manifold, downpipe, and T25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: M42 turbo setup: manifold, downpipe, and T25

For sale my old turbo setup from my M42, I upgraded everything on the hot side last year and this has just been sitting since. Manifold is a RSI made by Good n Tight on here I added the gusset plate to it to prevent it from cracking again seemed to work okay. Had a slight leak at the head from a broken stud in my head. I'll get an extra stud for the T2 flange that's currently missing. The downpipe is a 2.5" with a v-band, flex pipe, and one o2 bung it isn't the best and the 5 bolt flange isn't perfectly flat but it still works, turbo is a stock T25 off an SR20 clocked for a top mount with some adapters on the inlet and outlets to run couplers to. Also has an adjustable HKS wastegate on it set to 14psi. Has a tiny bit of shaft play but worked fine when I took it off. I ran this turbo setup on a bone stock M42 (no head studs or MLS gasket) at 14psi and never blew a head gasket, I did break second gear on a getrag 240 though. Never had the car dyno tuned but I would estimate the car was making about 180whp on 8psi and maybe around 200whp on 14 psi. I used a stock M20 clutch with it and it held up totally fine even with drifting. Would be willing to sell just the manifold separate if wanted, but figured this a good starting point for someone doing a turbo set up on an M42

Looking for $750 OBO local pickup in NY, 10598 preferred but willing to ship at buyer expense

Pictures:

-Dee
    5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
    IG: @deebelmont

Bump
    -Dee

Comment

did you have to upgrade injectors and a different chip/ tune?

Comment

Originally posted by 32VALVES View Post
        did you have to upgrade injectors and a different chip/ tune?
        Yeah you'd need some sort of tune and bigger injectors for sure. I know JakeB used to do stock ecu chip tunes but going standalone is probably the better option.
        -Dee

Comment

interested but in colorado. any idea what shipping would be? I assume thats about 60 lbs and a pretty decent sized box?
          318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
          '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
          X