Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cup Holder + Phone Charger

Hi,
    Yes, this is another cup holder related post !

Here is what I created last November, it's a cup holder equipped with a wireless charger, which is installed in the center console by replacing the ashtray (and reusing its screw holes).
    This part was made from a 3D scan of the center console, and is printed in textured ASA, allowing for high heat resistance and a similar appearance to the center console.
    The phone charger will be custom fitted to your device to ensure that the coil is properly aligned to allow for wireless charging.
    About the charger, it's powered from the cigarette lighter connectors, which allows for fast 15W charging. Regarding the cup holder itself, it's 80mm wide, allowing for all sizes of drinks to be fitted.

As I've been selling them for a few months, I've had a lot of feedback and modification requests ( see pictures ), including a 52mm gauge support, a RHD version, an airlift controller support, and a nylon flocked version. I'm open to any idea !

So, if you are interested in the part or one of its variation, send me a message, it is available for 90$ without shipping (I ship everywhere from France). The payment will be done by PayPal, and there will be about two weeks of lead time.
    Finally, if you are interested in my work, I invite you to follow me on instagram at @80s.engineering

Thanks !

Cool Idea, my only feedback is about the phone piece. Since phones are changing all the time, I wonder if there is a way to make one side adjustable?

Comment

Thank you for your feedback ! That's an interesting idea, I should be able to produce a resin printed flexible holder, but that would really raise the price.
      And frankly, when you look at the iPhone for example, its size haven't really evolved since 2017. Any part made for the iPhone X would also work with the 11 pro, 12, or 13
      Last edited by Abisoh; 03-10-2022, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I'll have to hit you up soon. This is an awesome idea. I thought about putting a charging pad in my car for awhile now.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

Working...
        X