No announcement yet.

Rebuilt E30 5 speed transmissions, Getrag spec e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interested. Is pickup available to save on shipping? What counts as a good core? I have a perfectly good trans that had one of the rear mounting tabs broken off. I have 2 others as well just laying around in decent shape, would love to give all 3 and get a rebuilt for $400 picked up.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
      Very interested. Is pickup available to save on shipping? What counts as a good core? I have a perfectly good trans that had one of the rear mounting tabs broken off. I have 2 others as well just laying around in decent shape, would love to give all 3 and get a rebuilt for $400 picked up.

Yes, PM'd
      drive-gear.com
      Race Car rentals
      Spec e30, ITS, KP
      Northeast/Midatlantic
      NASA MA Spec E30 Director

Comment

Now in use in over 12 spec e30 race cars. We have transmissions in cars from Atlanta to California. Zero issues to date. A quality rebuild for a fair price.
        Attached Files
        drive-gear.com
        Race Car rentals
        Spec e30, ITS, KP
        Northeast/Midatlantic

Comment

wow. AWESOME PRICE!
          Originally posted by e30e
          lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

Can you do a 260/6 as well?
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

What's the turn around time? If I give you my tranny, will you rebuild mine or merely give me one that is already rebuilt?

Do you paint them, too?
              89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
              E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                Can you do a 260/6 as well?
                Yes no problem.
                drive-gear.com
                Race Car rentals
                Spec e30, ITS, KP
                Northeast/Midatlantic

Comment

Originally posted by bmwpower View Post
                  What's the turn around time? If I give you my tranny, will you rebuild mine or merely give me one that is already rebuilt?

Do you paint them, too?
                  Normally we do it on an exchange basis so I take your trans and just give you one ready to go. I have a couple here ready to go. Sorry we dont paint them.
                  drive-gear.com
                  Race Car rentals
                  Spec e30, ITS, KP
                  Northeast/Midatlantic

Comment

so in theory if i sent you a core that was almost perfect inside and you sent me one back that was rebuilt (thus making it perfect inside) id have to pay the same as if i sent you one that was shit inside?

i guess either way you are gonna tear it down but parts costs will change
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                      so in theory if i sent you a core that was almost perfect inside and you sent me one back that was rebuilt (thus making it perfect inside) id have to pay the same as if i sent you one that was shit inside?

Yes. 80-90% of the cost is in taking it apart and putting it back together again. It's a great deal. If you have a great transmission, why the hell would you send it to him anyway?
                      2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                      2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                      1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                      1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                      - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                      1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                      1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                      Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post

I can rebuild yours if you like and it could be cheaper or it could be more. I take my chances on your core coming back in good enough shape to re-use some parts. Sometimes it works out in my favor and sometimes it doesnt. The main motivation in the exchange program is that most of these to date have been for race cars. The race car guys dont want to wait two weeks to get theirs back (including shipping time in most cases). If you wanna bring me yours that is fine but it does take a bit longer. It could save you some money in the long run if you can afford the down time.
                        drive-gear.com
                        Race Car rentals
                        Spec e30, ITS, KP
                        Northeast/Midatlantic

Comment

Interesting. So is there a list of parts you always replace?
                          89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                          E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

Originally posted by bmwpower View Post
                            Interesting. So is there a list of parts you always replace?
                            Normally all the seals are done and 3-4th gear synchros, Usually the main shaft bearing too. Each job is different but generally these are the parts that get replaced the most.
                            drive-gear.com
                            Race Car rentals
                            Spec e30, ITS, KP
                            Northeast/Midatlantic

Comment

i really need to sell my convertible so i can finish getting parts for the coupe motor swap... looks like i have to add another 600 to the list.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Price is going up to 750 as of 3/1/11. I have three units on the shelf ready to go. Also offering E36 Getrags now too...
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by andrew240z; 02-13-2011, 10:51 AM.
                                drive-gear.com
                                Race Car rentals
                                Spec e30, ITS, KP
                                Northeast/Midatlantic

Comment

Working...
                                X