BRAND NEW convertible cabrio tops installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
    If you Cali guys are serious, you should maybe coordinate with a shop or someone with space to spare. Everyone pony up a deposit (like half to keep dudes from backing out) and set a date.

Having owned 3 'verts, I can tell you that having a new top completely transforms the car. Getting it done by a guy who knows what he's doing (i.e. e30-specific knowledge) is also worth its weight in gold.

DISCLAIMER: This guy has not done any work for me and I don't know him. This is an unbiased opinion.
    Central valley guys where you at ? Let's do this. I have a very small garage in Norcal available if necessary
    i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Seriously. Stop by in Texas and you can crash at my place or I'll pay for a nice hotel. I dont want to try doing this by myself. lol

Comment

Fly around the country lol come to Florida please

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
          If you Cali guys are serious, you should maybe coordinate with a shop or someone with space to spare. Everyone pony up a deposit (like half to keep dudes from backing out) and set a date.

Having owned 3 'verts, I can tell you that having a new top completely transforms the car. Getting it done by a guy who knows what he's doing (i.e. e30-specific knowledge) is also worth its weight in gold.

DISCLAIMER: This guy has not done any work for me and I don't know him. This is an unbiased opinion.
          THIS - you got it man!
          this is exactly how we make this work.
          i have done a few at Guten Parts and i know that there are more shops like this where they would host such work that's good for the e30 community!

not everyone has to be there at once.. but the cars do. we can make this work... and i have lots of references from doing this for a while now, if anyone needs.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzysux View Post
            THIS - you got it man!
            this is exactly how we make this work.
            i have done a few at Guten Parts and i know that there are more shops like this where they would host such work that's good for the e30 community!

not everyone has to be there at once.. but the cars do. we can make this work... and i have lots of references from doing this for a while now, if anyone needs.

i have a big two car garage I'm not a shop by any means but i would be willing to host a couple tops for a weekend provided no one is a scumbag. i live in north bay area
            i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

ok guys, this looks feasible:

norcal
              1. sonomabimmers
              2. project535
              3. johnnybravo

socal
              1. mtechnique
              2. swissmademan
              3. mt3ch

i need to know:
              1. if everyone above is still interested.
              2. what each job needs - to work up full quotes for all.
              3. deposits on all

there would be an extra charge amortized across all jobs - i think between $100-$200 each would cover my flight and hotels, rental car. it would definitely be cheaper for me to take the $100 flight than for 3 of you to drive either up or down.

Comment

norcal
                1. sonomabimmers
                2. project535
                3. johnnybravo

socal
                1. mtechnique
                2. swissmademan
                3. mt3ch

i need to know:
                3. deposits on all

there would be an extra charge amortized across all jobs - i think between $100-$200 each would cover my flight and hotels, rental car. it would definitely be cheaper for me to take the $100 flight than for 3 of you to drive either up or down.
                fully into this. my car is a 1991 318ic needs complete new top. don't exactly what that all entails but i imagine you do. i can do a deposit in a couple weeks and as i stated we can use my garage if need be. so just to make sure were looking at like a grand all togetherish right ?
                i love bmws

Comment

norcal
                  1. sonomabimmers
                  2. project535
                  3. johnnybravo

socal
                  1. mtechnique
                  2. swissmademan
                  3. mt3ch

i need to know:
                  3. deposits on all

I'm in the East Bay Area, Walnut Creek, and if this is really happening would be interested. Any discussion as to calendar dates?

Comment

norcal
                    1. sonomabimmers
                    2. project535
                    3. johnnybravo
                    4. Siggy

socal
                    1. mtechnique
                    2. swissmademan
                    3. mt3ch

i need to know:
                    3. deposits on all

updated the list - i'll send some private messages in the coming days to work out the details.

i am willing to take the time and come out this spring. this depends on deposit timelines, if everyone is really into this.

Comment

exciting news!!
                      - i have a custom red top on the way!,
                      - i am now stocking some of the faster moving parts including:
                      - fresh black top
                      - e30 straps
                      - the very hard-to-get tension cables
                      - the upgraded e46 tension cable springs
                      - a bunch of used - not available from bmw - convertible top frame hardware

i will not sell this hardware separately - i reserve this as a service for my top customers.

if all goes well, enthusiasts will soon be able to purchase the complete package of parts necessary to install a convertible top "the right way" on my new website www.bimmertops.com

Comment

exciting news!!
                        - i have a custom red top on the way!,
                        - i am now stocking some of the faster moving parts including:
                        - fresh black top
                        - e30 straps
                        - the very hard-to-get tension cables
                        - the upgraded e46 tension cable springs
                        - a bunch of used - not available from bmw - convertible top frame hardware

i will not sell this hardware separately - i reserve this as a service for my top customers.

if all goes well, enthusiasts will soon be able to purchase the complete package of parts necessary to install a convertible top "the right way" on my new website www.bimmertops.com
                        Bitchin'! Sounds like you are making a mark for yourself! :up:

Comment

norcal
                          1. sonomabimmers
                          2. project535
                          3. johnnybravo

socal
                          1. mtechnique
                          2. swissmademan
                          3. mt3ch

i need to know:
                          3. deposits on all

Heyo guys MT3CH is out.. Car is totaled.. But I'm still in!
                          So we need to organize, I'm located in Santa Barbara, and can travel with enough notice.
                          Also I don't really know the process. My top is still a functioning power top, but the fabric is shot.. I was going to get an al new system on principle.

Where is everyone located?? we can start there I guess.
                          Last edited by TheMtechnique; 03-15-2016, 06:26 PM.
                          1991 325i Mtechnic : : 1995 Jeep Wrangler : : 2008 Audi A8l
                          2016 Triumph Scramber : : 1970 Honda CL350 x2 : : 1974 Honda XL 350
                          1975 BMW R75/6 : : 1946 Ben Hur Jeep Trailer

Comment

I'm interested, located in LA. Ill PM you my details

Comment

TheMtechnique,
                              functioning power top - i always suggest, get the straps and new cables and springs - the works.
                              if your front bow seal is in good shape, no need to replace. i can reuse it - also this can be replaced later without effecting the rest of the top.

the straps do a portion of the work, then the motors take over to move the top. when those straps wear out, they put undue stress on the motors usually causing them to fail in some way.

due to some brilliant design.. it is almost impossible to change these straps without removing MOST of the top from the car.. so this is a good #whileyouareinthere part of the job.

Comment

I have a few questions :
                                1 I have a non functioning powertop (do you fix these) ?
                                2 can i custom order a chocolate brown top ?
                                3 can the top or "canvas" be ordered without a window ?

Comment

Working...
                                X