13-Button OBC LED Lightbars - FEELER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13-Button OBC LED Lightbars - FEELER

Hey Guys, I have some lightbars that I finally got around to converting to LED and I have a couple extra. Currently have 4 total that I won't need personally and I have a couple of extra 13-Button OBCs I wanted to maybe sell as a package.

But for now I want to get a feel for what these would sell for. If its worth it, I might try and keep a steady stream of them available for r3v guys. For right now I was thinking maybe $20-25 each. I am not sure how to judge pricing because you can get lightbars new for $30, however these are LED so you should never have to replace this bar again.

Let me know what you think if the pricing is appropriate or not. Here are some pics to satisfy your viewing pleasure.

Evening shots...still light out.

At night...

Last edited by nebulous123; 10-18-2011, 07:16 PM.
    '84 325e - "Elizabeth"
    '87 325e (SHELL) - "Sleeping Beauty" - COMPLETE PROJECT PART-OUT - S54, 5-LUG, and MORE

sigpic

pics in car, looks way to bright.
    "I wanna see da boat movie"
    "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

You got pm

Comment

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
        pics in car, looks way to bright.
        it just looks like that because of my cell phone camera. i will add a day and night photo tonight.

Originally posted by abefroman View Post
        You got pm
        pm replied. thanks for your interest.
        '84 325e - "Elizabeth"
        '87 325e (SHELL) - "Sleeping Beauty" - COMPLETE PROJECT PART-OUT - S54, 5-LUG, and MORE

sigpic

Comment

evening pics updated
          '84 325e - "Elizabeth"

sigpic

Comment

Bright as f**kkkkkkk...
            Killer work Mr. D. In for one as soon as i get out of broke status.
            » PARTS FOR SALE
            » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Looks good. How come your buttons don't light up, or is the lightbar drowning out the light from the buttons?
              sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

About time someone offered this service. Do they dim all the way or only slightly?
                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                  Bright as f**kkkkkkk...
                  +1 Can't see shit at night on mine.

WTB NorCal: Z4 shifter + misc. parts

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                    Bright as f**kkkkkkk...
                    thanks Mr. B. I will put one aside for you or just mod yours.

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                    Looks good. How come your buttons don't light up, or is the lightbar drowning out the light from the buttons?
                    I didn't have the light switch pulled so it won't light up anything else. Also the bulb inside is bad, so either way they weren't going to show up.

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                    About time someone offered this service. Do they dim all the way or only slightly?
                    it does dim. i don't think its dramatically less bright but if def dims a little. weird thing is it flickers as you turn the knob. but i think also my dimmer. I have to check it again. Dimming should not be an issue because the LEDs should react to the less power.
                    '84 325e - "Elizabeth"

sigpic

Comment

$20 - $25 would be a steal IMO. I purchased some LED's/Resistors and did mine myself but probably would have just bought one of these at the price. It was a fun but frustrating little project since I don't solder a lot...

Mine is bright but not too bright. I think the camera is just compensating for the low light. I used these LED's http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...%2fikcYFmpM%3d

instagram: @tonerrrr
                      High resolution E30 Fuse Box 300dpi PNG

Comment

how hard are these to install?
                        link to a writeup would be helpfull

Comment

I've done all my light bars up this way and honestly the bright amber LEDs are the way to go. Doesn't wash out the display and is actually gives it a cleaner matching contrast.

That said, $20 is a fair deal.

Comment

I would probably purchase. If you set up a group buy in the future I'm sure others would jump on the opportunity.
                            Past: 1987 325iS, Bilsteins - HR Sports

Present: 1999 M3, Koni Yellows - HR Sports - GC Camber Plates - UUC Swaybars - UUC SSK - AFE Intake - Stromung Catback

2009 Mazdaspeed3, Short Ram Intake - Turbo Inlet Pipe - 2nd cat Delete - Catback - Fuel Pump Internals - Cobb Accessport - Stratified E30 tune - 294/342 - SPC Camber Arms - CPE Rear Motor Mount

Comment

Originally posted by tonerrrr View Post
                              $20 - $25 would be a steal IMO. I purchased some LED's/Resistors and did mine myself but probably would have just bought one of these at the price. It was a fun but frustrating little project since I don't solder a lot...

Mine is bright but not too bright. I think the camera is just compensating for the low light. I used these LED's http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...%2fikcYFmpM%3d
                              Thanks. I had been collecting lightbars from the junkyard in hopes that one of them would work so I didn't have to do LED. However that never happened so here we are.

The fact that it looks so bright is all because of the camera. From the other 13 button I have in my car there is no difference in it being brighter but I can see why people would be concerned.

Amber crossed my mind but I just didn't see the point considering the amber color film in between the screen and light box. That is ITS purpose to make it orange.

Originally posted by bastianshaw View Post
                              how hard are these to install?
                              link to a writeup would be helpfull
                              Search is your friend. Have you ever taken the dash console apart? Thats the only way to get it out. You can just pop out the hazard light switch defogger and window switch to get to the 2 screws, after that pull it forward and have somewhat access to the lightbar. you will have to take out the 2 screws that hold that side in of the OBC and push the OBC back a little. I dont recommend that at all because you could break the other tabs that are screwed in on the other side. but that is the easiest and quickest.

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                              I've done all my light bars up this way and honestly the bright amber LEDs are the way to go. Doesn't wash out the display and is actually gives it a cleaner matching contrast.

That said, $20 is a fair deal.
                              Thanks Robert. Your write-up on the E36 steering swap was a bible for me during the swap so thank you for that.

like I said before about the AMBER color LEDs, I don't think its completely necessary. But if the people want options I can certainly look into have both. And letting them decide.
                              '84 325e - "Elizabeth"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X